The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Soo.. my C9 sort of died today. Upon trying to power on, it was showing a screen flicker for a fraction of a second, and turning back off. Tried several times with same result. Unplugged it, waited 4-5 mins, retried to turn it on.. same. Was about to head for the roof to jump off, decided to give it one last try.. and it turned back on. Been working normally since then.

Needless to mention, the fact that it happened is not a good sign. Will probably raise a service request anyway to LG to have it checked out.

Give your oleds a tight hug guys, you never know.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Soo.. my C9 sort of died today. Upon trying to power on, it was showing a screen flicker for a fraction of a second, and turning back off. Tried several times with same result. Unplugged it, waited 4-5 mins, retried to turn it on.. same. Was about to head for the roof to jump off, decided to give it one last try.. and it turned back on. Been working normally since then.

Needless to mention, the fact that it happened is not a good sign. Will probably raise a service request anyway to LG to have it checked out.

Damn that's scary bro. My LG did the same a week before the lockdown. Thankfully the engineer came and used a service remote to factory reset the TV that fixed it. He told me it's a bug with the standby mode that goes bad for many LG folks. Call them up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Damn. Scary AF. 

Let us know how it goes. My C8 is OOW now. :suicide:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Damn that's scary bro. My LG did the same a week before the lockdown. Thankfully the engineer came and used a service remote to factory reset the TV that fixed it. He told me it's a bug with the standby mode that goes bad for many LG folks. Call them up. 

16 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Damn. Scary AF. 

Let us know how it goes. My C8 is OOW now. :suicide:

Have booked a service request with LG. Fingers crossed.

Even mine will be OOW now I think, had bought it in 2019. Although it was supposed to have 1+2 years, just realised that is not clearly mentioned anywhere in the RD invoice etc.

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Have booked a service request with LG. Fingers crossed.

Even mine will be OOW now I think, had bought it in 2019. Although it was supposed to have 1+2 years, just realised that is not clearly mentioned anywhere in the RD invoice etc.

They'll be at your door in hours :lol:

Just make sure to write down your customised pq presets if the guy decides to factory reset. 

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

They'll be at your door in hours :lol:

Just make sure to write down your customised pq presets if the guy decides to factory reset. 

F**k! Good point, got to take pics of my presets.

And yes, had booked it in the app at 2 AM, got an sms with engineer name a little while back.

1 minute ago, adity said:

Invoice won't mention it but its there in LG records if it was from LG. Don't worry about that. 

That's a relief. Tbh, I don't care even if they charge me a few thousand, as long as they fix my baby. :nerves:

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

F**k! Good point, got to take pics of my presets.

And yes, had booked it in the app at 2 AM, got an sms with engineer name a little while back.

That's a relief. Tbh, I don't care even if they charge me a few thousand, as long as they fix my baby. :nerves:

If it's the standby bug issue that just needs a service reset, you'll be well under 1k. I don't recall how much i paid.. 400-800

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Karooo said:

Remember to remove  the thin plastic behind the LG OLED TV or the heat will destroy it within months if it's in a place with less ventilation.

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Yep, had removed.

Update, no I hadn't removed it :fear1:

On 22/01/2021 at 10:08 AM, Jigsaw said:

If it's the standby bug issue that just needs a service reset, you'll be well under 1k. I don't recall how much i paid.. 400-800

You can buy a service remote from Amazon for 500 bucks and reset it yourself. Very simple procedure, just have to press in-stop button on the service remote.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Fixed some Wifi 5ghz issues and strengthens Airplay 2. 

Was installed today morning, though good to see LG supporting our tvs even after 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Was installed today morning, though good to see LG supporting our tvs even after 2 years. 

You must have auto update on. 

I specifically turn it off. God knows what LG will push without testing. The 05.30.02 broke WiFi for a f**kton of series 8 OLEDs. 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread