The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Wait so the upcoming C1 has nothing adding on top of the CX? Apart from a bump in nits? 

Might not even have the nit bump based on LG's CES announcements. Only G series is apparently getting the brighter screen, but I suppose things could change late in the process depending on how desperate they are.

Edit: Late :D

Edited by Keyofx
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Other than burn in and higher brightness (useless imo when OLED gives infinite contrast), no advantages for Samsung. LG CX is the best. Also, Doly Vision. 

Reminds me of :lol:

16 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

It's a toss up between q95t and CX. :fear:

Both have advantages.

Toss ko kohli bhi karta hai. And we all know how that ends. Aise life-changer decisions toss pe mat decide kar bhai. :chair:

3 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Toss ko kohli bhi karta hai. And we all know how that ends. Aise life-changer decisions toss pe mat decide kar bhai. :chair:

:chair: shubh shubh bolo

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

If all you want is blinding brightness and no burn-in concern, then Samsung.

CX apparently has subpar HDR brighness (And yes I'm new to HDR :fear: )

3 hours ago, adity said:

Other than burn in and higher brightness (useless imo when OLED gives infinite contrast), no advantages for Samsung. LG CX is the best. Also, Dolby Vision. 

But CX can't decode DTS

11 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

:chair: shubh shubh bolo

But CX can't decode DTS

Correct they skipped on that and it makes me lose my sh*t everytime I see Audio not supported. For this you will need a external player. 

HDR brightness is more than enough infact I dont even use full peak brightness in any settings, I sit 5 feet away from the Tv though. 

C1 is basically going to be the CX with the awful looking tile based WebOs with some extra software based AI stuff and features. 

Edited by HEMAN

13 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

The OLEDs get bright enough to burn your eyes. Unless somebody is letting direct sunlight hit the screen, I cannot think of any conceivable reason to look for more brightness.

4 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Correct they skipped on that and it makes me lose my sh*t everytime I see Audio not supported. For this you will need a external player. 

HDR brightness is more than enough infact I dont even use full peak brightness in any settings, I sit 5 feet away from the Tv though. 

C1 is basically going to be the CX with the awful looking tile based WebOs with some extra software based AI stuff and features. 

I sadly can't wait and need to buy the TV very soon. It's a toss up between them.

Both of them are much superior to the X9000H and I don't want to go for the A8H

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

The OLEDs get bright enough to burn your eyes. Unless somebody is letting direct sunlight hit the screen, I cannot think of any conceivable reason to look for more brightness.

More brightness = higher rate of burn in or so my limited googling tells me. I think the culprit is Automatic Brightness Limiter.

19 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

I sadly can't wait and need to buy the TV very soon. It's a toss up between them.

More brightness = higher rate of burn in or so my limited googling tells me. I think the culprit is Automatic Brightness Limiter.

In the immortal words of Dani Daniels in Blacked, "Once you go black, you can never go back" 

OLED and Digital are the only true paths to redemption when judgement is upon us. The infidels will torment under the curse of FALD and discs. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, abhi90 said:

You wouldn't have a problem with burn-in per se. If you don't watch 8hrs of DTH a day, get the OLED. You'll be fine and never regret it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abhi90 said:

But CX can't decode DTS

DTS is a minor issue for sure, but remember that it won't be a long term one if you end up getting a soundbar or A/V receiver because they'll process your audio instead. The CX has decent enough audio, but it won't come anywhere close to a dedicated setup.

I'd say the Samsung not having Dolby Vision is a much bigger deal.

Edited by Keyofx
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

In the immortal words of Dani Daniels in Blacked, "Once you go black, you can never go back" 

OLED and Digital are the only true paths to redemption when judgement is upon us. The infidels will torment under the curse of FALD and discs. 

You shall be shown the light by thy mini-led's

9 hours ago, kunjanp said:

You wouldn't have a problem with burn-in per se. If you don't watch 8hrs of DTH a day, get the OLED. You'll be fine and never regret it.

It's just gaming as the primary use case. However Fifa etc has a lot of static HUD's and quite bright, Yeah I might be oer thinking.

8 hours ago, Keyofx said:

DTS is a minor issue for sure, but remember that it won't be a long term one if you end up getting a soundbar or A/V receiver because they'll process your audio instead. The CX has decent enough audio, but it won't come anywhere close to a dedicated setup.

I'd say the Samsung not having Dolby Vision is a much bigger deal.

"They" say that DTS etc is not even allowed as a pass through, that's a bummer.

7 hours ago, adity said:

HDR specs say lower brightness levels are fine if your black levels are low enough and CX literally has infinite contrast and blackest blacks possible. 

Dark room HDR on OLED is unparalleled. However, yes it's not that usable in a bright room. 

The brightness isn't even that low. It peaks out at 750 nits I think. 

But the ABL kicks in when a large portion of the screen is bright. Copied from rtings the stats are given as:

HDR Sustained 2% Window  752 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 10% Window  775 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 25% Window  433 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 50% Window  287 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 100% Window  140 cd/m² 

As you all are saying it might be enough. I visited a Croma showroom that was receiving direct sunlight (and the CX happened to be situated right there) and it was almost impossible to see the screen from certain angle

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread