The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

How much does the 77 inch c10 go for in india? Has anyone enquired?

Well, the MRP is 13L, so...... f**kall money needed again. :lol:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Well, the MRP is 12L, so...... f**kall money needed again. :lol:

Lol damn. I saw it on amazon for 6l but thought maybe it's been overpriced there.

How does 3500 usd ballpark translate to 12l or even 6l here though. Beyond stupidity with the excess taxes.

Edited by playstationdude

32 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Not worth more than 75K even during sale.. 55 is still sweet spot @ 1.1-1.3 during sales

Holi sales from mid-March onwards. Hopefully the offers are good. :panic:and that ext warranty too

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Planning for CX65??

I'll bite if the price is right. Bigger worry is finding a retailer who won't stick me a demo/panel replaced unit under the guise of a box packed one. :nerves:

Feel so ashamed to have been conned so badly with my current one. 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Not worth more than 75K even during sale.. 55 is still sweet spot @ 1.1-1.3 during sales

55 is too big for me. I was hoping for 50" OLED for sometime 

2 minutes ago, Aercy said:

55 is too big for me. I was hoping for 50" OLED for sometime 

OLEDs give impression of being smaller than they actually are, especially when they are wall mounted. If you are thinking of a 50" TV then 55" OLED will be perfect for you.

28 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I'll bite if the price is right. Bigger worry is finding a retailer who won't stick me a demo/panel replaced unit under the guise of a box packed one. :nerves:

I don't think it's a normal scenario. Croma/RD/VS are generally good. 

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

OLEDs give impression of being smaller than they actually are, especially when they are wall mounted. If you are thinking of a 50" TV then 55" OLED will be perfect for you.

:rofl: so much true, my 65 started feeling like 55 after walmount.. then I started using it by pulling front on the swivel stand so it appears upright, like on a stand and in air rather than being wall leveled and appearing small.. 

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl: so much true, my 65 started feeling like 55 after walmount.. then I started using it by pulling front on the swivel stand so it appears upright, like on a stand and in air rather than being wall leveled and appearing small.. 

I am gonna buy a 65" next year just because of this. Starts feeling too small. Anything above that is just not worth the money.

I think its because the TV just disappears in a dark with its super sleek profile. It looks like a floating picture in a dark room and at that point you're kinda expecting the theater experience and not getting it. 
I f**king love it though. I definitely f**ked my finances with the purchases but it's getting so much use its worth it. 
Any person who is skeptical should just experience the dark room OLED glory. 
Some buggers were going about FHD contents upscaled looking poor on CX. Have you noticed anything in this regard?

I'll bite if the price is right. Bigger worry is finding a retailer who won't stick me a demo/panel replaced unit under the guise of a box packed one. default_nerves.gif

What happened? When did you find out? Where's the shopkeeper buried?

24 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't think it's a normal scenario. Croma/RD/VS are generally good. 

Going by what purely was told by the brand engineer in good faith of course, this is more widespread than one might think. Very rarely do people actually catch it or have problems arising during the warranty period where the brand smells something wrong. Hell he said he can't vouch even for the official outlet to have 100% assurance on this not happening again. I know there's a way to check the run time in the menu but even that can be reset. In my case two things were wrong, a store/demo piece and the cherry on the cake : the panel was replaced at some point in it's lifetime before it was sold to me as a sealed unit. The engineer recommended me to take it up with the brand themselves but 2 years out of warranty there's no likely way I can prove I did not do this myself. So right now the tv lives like a cat who's run out of it's nine lives. One more bite, and I'll be more than happy to put it down. 

While I do know the chances of this happening again with the same person (me) are very very thin, just the thought of being duped so badly by a big box store operating in full public view and boasting a lineage of years of service shook me. That's what put me off on upgrading late last year. 

2 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

What happened? When did you find out? Where's the shopkeeper buried?

Small consolation : They shut shop (at least the one I got from in Dec) :lol:

Bola tha, harami buddho ka haai buri hoti hai. 

• Like 1

Small consolation : They shut shop (at least the one I got from in Dec) [emoji38]

Bola tha, harami buddho ka haai buri hoti hai. 
Which shop was it?

And more importantly how can we actually know if it is a sealed unit? There was a shopkeeper saying there's some lock/ seal and we need to test it.

4 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

Which shop was it?

And more importantly how can we actually know if it is a sealed unit? There was a shopkeeper saying there's some lock/ seal and we need to test it.

God knows bro kaise sure rahe. I mean just imagine if a big box store can do this, reapplying the seal surely can't be a hassle for them. 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread