The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

I have a Sony x95g but want to upgrade to an OLED and HDMI2.1. Also I want to start gaming in my room instead of the hall so I want a smaller size 48inches would be awesome. Just waiting for diwali I hope by that time it will be easily available at good prices.

That’s great. You already have one of the best TVs for cinema HDR. Makes sense to wait.

• Like 1

I think its time the forum has a thread for LG CX 55inch discussion thread like PS5 and Xbox.. :P

Congrats on the purchases everyone with OLED , I mean the same LG CX 55inches.. The only variation in the TV department has been how much discount each were able to get..:D

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

I think its time the forum has a thread for LG CX 55inch discussion thread like PS5 and Xbox.. :P

Congrats on the purchases everyone with OLED , I mean the same LG CX 55inches.. The only variation in the TV department has been how much discount each were able to get..:D

Not surprised that people are going for the same highly acclaimed TV around the world.

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

Congrats!

How much you got it for?

Thanks! 1.18L after cashback. Paid for the 4th year extended warrenty. He was pushing for 5 years but I am pretty sure I'll be looking for a change after 4-4.5 years of use.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Not surprised that people are going for the same highly acclaimed TV around the world.

Thanks! 1.18L after cashback. Paid for the 4th year extended warrenty. He was pushing for 5 years but I am pretty sure I'll be looking for a change after 4-4.5 years of use.

1.18 is a bargain. Congrats!

And smart thinking factoring the next change in. My pre-OLED 55" LED lasted me exactly 4.5 years before I got the itch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dante77 said:

BC is thread me ana matlab OLED OLED, jiska budget na bhi ho wo bhi ghar baar bech ke bhikari ban ke OLED le le.

This thread is now the LG CX thread, all other TVs can fk off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

This thread is now the LG CX thread, all other TVs can fk off

MiniLED is coming, plus apprently cheaper OLEDs, so like any tech, LG CX will be forgotten too in few months.

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

BC is thread me ana matlab OLED OLED, jiska budget na bhi ho wo bhi ghar baar bech ke bhikari ban ke OLED le le.

CX is the gateway to another world, just like P3G, so bech diya sab kuch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adity said:

Miniled won't be affordable for the next few years. Lots of other tech coming too. QNED, QD-LED, etc. 

I will remain blind to all TV tech till September 2025

44 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Which websites should I check for best settings/calibration for LG CX? (Apart from YouTube)

Use Cinema Home for DV. Filmmaker for HDR10 and ISF Expert bright/dark for SDR depending on the lightning conditions. Color Gamut should always be set to auto no matter what. Temp to Warm 2. Black Level Auto. 

OLED light and Peak Brightness I change from Content to content. When using DV content go to settings>General>AI service> turn on AI Brightness, genre selection. ( This is for only Dolby Vision content ). HDR 10 also has a Dynamic tone mapping feature I use it based on the content. 

Just copying settings will not work because of panel variations. CX is calibrated extremely well out of the box if you use correct picture mode. 

If you still want settings check Rtings.com 

Edited by HEMAN
  • Like 1

Use Cinema Home for DV. Filmmaker for HDR10 and ISF Expert bright/dark for SDR depending on the lightning conditions. Color Gamut should always be set to auto no matter what. Temp to Warm 2. Black Level Auto. 
OLED light and Peak Brightness I change from Content to content. When using DV content go to settings>General>AI service> turn on AI Brightness, genre selection. ( This is for only Dolby Vision content ). HDR 10 also has a Dynamic tone mapping feature I use it based on the content. 
Just copying settings will not work because of panel variations. CX is calibrated extremely well out of the box if you use correct picture mode. 
If you still want settings check Rtings.com 

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhai ghanta kuch nahi hone wala. I'm reading this since the past 6 months. 

Bro, TV prices already increased since February. And with the complaints against FK and Amazon, they are also not giving good discounts. It'll increase more, maybe 2-3k but it will

See the price by OmniTechRetail (FK), Amazon's usual 1.32L has beocmw 1.39L

e1e69b1855490ce9591ca145022f31af.jpg49b6a63567f6309c2a48420daec84e01.jpg

1 minute ago, Aercy said:
29 minutes ago, adity said:
Bhai ghanta kuch nahi hone wala. I'm reading this since the past 6 months. 

Bro, TV prices already increased since February. And with the complaints against FK and Amazon, they are also not giving good discounts. It'll increase more, maybe 2-3k but it will

Yeah they've increased a lot since Diwali. Anyone who's store shopping will know.

BUT LG's next launches are supposed to be about 20% cheaper and there's some rumours of the cx being discounted to bring it in lieu with the new pricing.

Yeah they've increased a lot since Diwali. Anyone who's store shopping will know.

BUT LG's next launches are supposed to be about 20% cheaper and there's some rumours of the cx being discounted to bring it in lieu with the new pricing.
That's 20% cheaper is not for India. They said that for Europe and US. But let's wait and watch

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread