The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

4 minutes ago, Aercy said:
35 minutes ago, adity said:
Amazon prices lmao. People have actually brought this for 1.15L this months itself. 

Not online, I suppose. 1.15 with cashback from offline?

Amazon's pricing has always been out of whack. Offline people got it for even 1.1L just 2 weeks ago. 1.15-1.2L easy.

I guess we will have to see the C11's price to see if the price cut actually gets transferred to India or not. Most probably LG will pocket the cut and not reduce price in India.

19 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I really want to upgrade to a 65 inch oled, maybe prices go down around Diwali this time:fear:

They always go down around Dussehra and Diwali. These exact prices were available around then only. But pretty sure there won't be 65CX available for cheap as compared to 65C11, that's just how LG's supply has been.

Sony on the other hand, you might be able to get the A80H for less as compared to A80J but Sony are already more expensive than LG so won't make sense cost wise.

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

They always go down around Dussehra and Diwali. These exact prices were available around then only. But pretty sure there won't be 65CX available for cheap as compared to 65C11, that's just how LG's supply has been.

Sony on the other hand, you might be able to get the A80H for less as compared to A80J but Sony are already more expensive than LG so won't make sense cost wise.

Nah, not going for Sony. They are too overpriced, imo plus LG service is great. Sony on the other hamd sucks w.r.t service.

2 hours ago, Aercy said:

Bro, TV prices already increased since February. And with the complaints against FK and Amazon, they are also not giving good discounts. It'll increase more, maybe 2-3k but it will

See the price by OmniTechRetail (FK), Amazon's usual 1.32L has beocmw 1.39L

e1e69b1855490ce9591ca145022f31af.jpg49b6a63567f6309c2a48420daec84e01.jpg

soundbars too....so many mid range soundbars prices have increased by 4-6k since December/January 

11 hours ago, kold_war said:

Ya if one company starts making mini led tv's...won't the rest follow?

Yep, similar to how everyone suddenly has QLED models now.

Lot of other factors at play with these TVs though, including the number of dimming zones. A low number might mean low quality, similar to a lower price FALD panel.

Plus these locally manufactured TCL TVs are generally pretty bad quality. HDR doesn’t work and the picture quality is basic. Maybe they’ll improve things this year :/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Done and Dusted, CX loan closed as well, My CC limit is back to original, no merchant payback or any crap in the statement.

In summary saved 14K with CX65, overall landing cost of 1.53.. before you do this please call customer care and triple check..

Detailed numbers here for noobs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wxl7RAzy1lVENt3LocRM5mrNHzevKaan/view?usp=sharing

This wasn't a no-cost EMI, right? Otherwise it wouldn't have saved money.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

This wasn't a no-cost EMI, right? Otherwise it wouldn't have saved money.

Its a no cost, that's why the save because you get interest discounted upfront. Add the numbers in principal and interest column (JBL) basically that's the MRP I purchased but bank loan will be only Principal amount and you pay interest every month then overall it becomes zero cost.. But now I pre-closed so I saved all those interest which was merchant payment amount.. so overall I paid less than MRP

Read my posts by going back in quotes

30 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Its a no cost, that's why the save because you get interest discounted upfront. Add the numbers in principal and interest column (JBL) basically that's the MRP I purchased but bank loan will be only Principal amount and you pay interest every month then overall it becomes zero cost.. But now I pre-closed so I saved all those interest which was merchant payment amount.. so overall I paid less than MRP

Read my posts by going back in quotes

Which bank?

Also, did you just pay the whole amount for closure directly on your CC and the system adjusted it against your loan? Because the CC statement wouldn't have accounted for pre-closure so not sure how their system adjusted the payment correctly.

Doubts.

Also, I assume this can't work with DC EMI?

6 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Which bank?

Also, did you just pay the whole amount for closure directly on your CC and the system adjusted it against your loan? Because the CC statement wouldn't have accounted for pre-closure so not sure how their system adjusted the payment correctly.

Doubts.

Also, I assume this can't work with DC EMI?

HDFC, each bank will be different so check with your bank.

Before doing this, you need to call the bank. The phone guy will tell you the amount and ask you to pay the same day, Bank will also close the loan same day and outstanding balance will appear along with prorata interest.. so your payment will net off resulting is zero outstanding on your account.

Doing direct payment will NOT result in any closure..

19 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

HDFC, each bank will be different so check with your bank.

Before doing this, you need to call the bank. The phone guy will tell you the amount and ask you to pay the same day, Bank will also close the loan same day and outstanding balance will appear along with prorata interest.. so your payment will net off resulting is zero outstanding on your account.

Doing direct payment will NOT result in any closure..

I have a no-cost 6 Month EMI on my sister's HDFC CC of 96k, the amount on the bill.

No interest was charged.

Got cashback last month which was adjusted in the next statement. So total 4 EMIs have been paid out of 6.

So I just need to get on a call with the Phone Banker, ask him to close the loan on the same day and then the amount will reflect in the CC bill? Am I getting this right?

Or he will tell the amount and I just need to pay that amount without it reflecting in the system?

If correct then the closure amount should be less than the amount of the remaining 2 EMIs.

Sorry to badger you, lol.

Edited by kunjanp

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

I have a no-cost 6 Month EMI on my sister's HDFC CC of 96k, the amount on the bill.

No interest was charged.

Got cashback last month which was adjusted in the next statement. So total 4 EMIs have been paid out of 6.

So I just need to get on a call with the Phone Banker, ask him to close the loan on the same day and then the amount will reflect in the CC bill? Am I getting this right?

Or he will tell the amount and I just need to pay that amount without it reflecting in the system?

If correct then the closure amount should be less than the amount of the remaining 2 EMIs.

Sorry to badger you, lol.

No worries, happy to help.

Correct, he will tell the amount and confirm closure is happening and you will also get an email from HDFC with EXACT amount, with only 2 EMIs left the savings won’t be more than 1000-1500 bucks I feel. In my case you see I had taken a longer term, so more saving..

The savings is basically the interest factor of the last 2 EMIs, you can see this on the PDF that was sent initially at the time of purchase or it can be found in the Loans section in HDFC credit card website after you login.. 

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

The savings is basically the interest factor of the last 2 EMIs, you can see this on the PDF that was sent initially at the time of purchase or it can be found in the Loans section in HDFC credit card website after you login.. 

Yeah, I just went through the loan pdf and understood what's going on. I am not really looking to save money but thinking of seeing if it works.

Or maybe I'll buy something new and then try this, don't want these guys to catch the drift and clamp this down.

Good for you though, amazing find and excellent savings.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread