The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Yeah, I just went through the loan pdf and understood what's going on. I am not really looking to save money but thinking of seeing if it works.

Or maybe I'll buy something new and then try this, don't want these guys to catch the drift and clamp this down.

Good for you though, amazing find and excellent savings.

Yeah, not worth the hassle for just 2 more months, just get it done. Use this for next big ticket item with a longer term

7 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

All I was thinking while watching the new Justice League was I need an Oled tv to hide the bright black bars on the side. This forum will be leave me broke. -_-

It does legit make a difference, though. You'll never look at your old LED TV the same way again :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

There were 2 experiences which completely changed my life and things were never the same. 

First was when I learnt how to masturbate and second was when I experienced OLED. 

I know in before times I used to stare at the oled tvs at malls for a super long time. Will wait 2 years before chucking the led out and getting an oled. Hopefully the prices will drop a bit by then.

Just checked at an LG store and the 48inch CX model is available at 1.28 (9k is cashback on CC) so essentially 1.19 with 3 yrs warranty and a free TWS earbuds (pretty sure they will be of no use). I have space constraints as I want to buy this for my room and use it both as a monitor and TV for gaming/movies. I know the 55inch is available at similar price but space is a major constraint and also I will be sitting about 2-3 feet away. 

I guess I will just wait till Diwali for a better price/offer and maybe by then newer models will be available and they might sell CX for less. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SuperT said:

Just checked at an LG store and the 48inch CX model is available at 1.28 (9k is cashback on CC) so essentially 1.19 with 3 yrs warranty and a free TWS earbuds (pretty sure they will be of no use). I have space constraints as I want to buy this for my room and use it both as a monitor and TV for gaming/movies. I know the 55inch is available at similar price but space is a major constraint and also I will be sitting about 2-3 feet away. 

I guess I will just wait till Diwali for a better price/offer and maybe by then newer models will be available and they might sell CX for less. 

Not worth more than 80-85K IMO

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SuperT said:

Hoping for the same bro

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Done and Dusted, CX loan closed as well, My CC limit is back to original, no merchant payback or any crap in the statement.

In summary saved 14K with CX65, overall landing cost of 1.53.. before you do this please call customer care and triple check..

Detailed numbers here for noobs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wxl7RAzy1lVENt3LocRM5mrNHzevKaan/view?usp=sharing

How did a CX65 cost you 1.53?!?! I paid 1.25 for my 55C9 about a year ago. Will be moving it to the bedroom after I get a 65 for the living room, but that' still a while away. Would love to know how you managed such a steal for future reference.

1 minute ago, psinide said:

How did a CX65 cost you 1.53?!?! I paid 1.25 for my 55C9 about a year ago. Will be moving it to the bedroom after I get a 65 for the living room, but that' still a while away. Would love to know how you managed such a steal for future reference.

Haha just look at the excel in that link or you can backtrack my post, the ones I have quoted myself, Any more questions I can answer during DS sessions :D 

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Haha just look at the excel in that link or you can backtrack my post, the ones I have quoted myself, Any more questions I can answer during DS sessions :D 

I looked at the excel, but 1.67 for CX65 is still a steal. I can't find it anywhere less than 2.10 right now. Did you get a lot of cashbacks or something? And hows the JBL 9 bar, thats another one on my radar. Just need to convince the wife that these are all 'essential' purchases :nerves:

5 minutes ago, psinide said:

I looked at the excel, but 1.67 for CX65 is still a steal. I can't find it anywhere less than 2.10 right now. Did you get a lot of cashbacks or something? And hows the JBL 9 bar, thats another one on my radar. Just need to convince the wife that these are all 'essential' purchases :nerves:

1.7 was the Diwali 2020 price Bro, couple of us got here.. really 2.1?? By when are you looking to buy? I got one cash back, rest is interest saving scam :P

• Haha 1

Might (totally might, maybe, shayad) get the 55" CX.

I'm thinking I won't go any higher than ₹1.1L during my negotiations in the shops. Is that a fair ask or should I go lower? And no, I can't go for the 65" at all.

Also, apart from SonyLIV (I remember a guy from a store had mentioned that), which are the other major apps missing? Does it have the Apple TV+ app available?

That's the one thing I "might" miss from currently using an Android TV. Every app under the sun is available (from the Play Store or via sideload).

Thanks in advance for the responses.

39 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Also, apart from SonyLIV (I remember a guy from a store had mentioned that), which are the other major apps missing? Does it have the Apple TV+ app available?

Yep Apple TV+ is available, with 4K Dolby Vision.

Except SonyLIV missing, another drawback is no 4K in Hotstar. Can't think of any other major app which isn't there.

18 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Yep Apple TV+ is available, with 4K Dolby Vision.

Except SonyLIV missing, another drawback is no 4K in Hotstar. Can't think of any other major app which isn't there.

59 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Might (totally might, maybe, shayad) get the 55" CX.

I'm thinking I won't go any higher than ₹1.1L during my negotiations in the shops. Is that a fair ask or should I go lower? And no, I can't go for the 65" at all.

That's the one thing I "might" miss from currently using an Android TV. Every app under the sun is available (from the Play Store or via sideload).

Thanks in advance for the responses.

HBO Max plans on expanding internationally in 2021, but isn't available on LG WebOS. Not of immediate impact, but just something to keep in mind.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread