The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

What is a good place to start looking and reading if I am planning to upgrade from a 1080p TV to a  4K one? I will be buying it in the US and would like to know what options I have. Will be using it primarily to watch movies, TV shows, sports and for PS5 whenever I buy it.

3 hours ago, Keano said:

What is a good place to start looking and reading if I am planning to upgrade from a 1080p TV to a  4K one? I will be buying it in the US and would like to know what options I have. Will be using it primarily to watch movies, TV shows, sports and for PS5 whenever I buy it.

Rtings.com best place for tv reviews.

8 hours ago, Keano said:

Don't read. OLED.

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Pretty much this. Also, you are going to be spoilt for options unlike those of us living in India :(

This.

15 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Don't read. OLED.

This.

16 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Pretty much this. Also, you are going to be spoilt for options unlike those of us living in India :(

20 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Rtings.com best place for tv reviews.

thank you guys, looked around and LG CX series OLED met all my requirements. Picked it up from costco today (for their no questions asked 90 day return policy).

Using a 4K TV/monitor for the first time, cant wait to watch some movies with Mrs this weekend :bigyellowgrin:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Keano said:

thank you guys, looked around and LG CX series OLED met all my requirements. Picked it up from costco today (for their no questions asked 90 day return policy).

Using a 4K TV/monitor for the first time, cant wait to watch some movies with Mrs this weekend :bigyellowgrin:

Remember to set the tvs settings according to this https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled/settings.  I would suggest Blade runner 2049 for the movie watching if you can get the dolby vision version.

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anyone bought the Mi 75 inch qled ? Apparently getting decent reviews. Can be a great common room TV. 

Said it the day it was launched but bhai Jab aankh khule tab savera :p

Jokes apart, even if it is above average i would pick it in jiffy for living room.

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Said it the day it was launched but bhai Jab aankh khule tab savera :p

Jokes apart, even if it is above average i would pick it in jiffy for living room.

Digit did a decent review. 

Someone on TE bought one, and said the PQ is good. AQ is average and needs investment. UI is laggy, FS will be a better option. For gaming, 4k60 only, no 120. 

Blacks do look black, not grey. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Digit did a decent review. 

Someone on TE bought one, and said the PQ is good. AQ is average and needs investment. UI is laggy, FS will be a better option. For gaming, 4k60 only, no 120. 

Blacks do look black, not grey. 

Haan to bas bahut hai living room ke liye, get a decent soundbar, and who cares about UI, just put a firestick. Done and dusted. Cricket and youtube in 75"

Uhhh YouTube kids and Choochoo tv in 75" instead. 

Ya that too and also singham and kaal rakshas. Son would give a sh*t about the PQ, he would just love that size. Plus can see teacher more clearly. Once my current TV dies, getting this or wtever is available in this size for same oeice eyes closed. Also OLED becomes exclusive use.

You don't know my kids. :cry:

Photo whatsapp kar :lol:

Mere wale ko bas TV dekhna hai, its the missus, once bigger tv in hall, no one will bother me.

Toshiba is offering 4 year extended warranty this month

just in time with lockdown lift 

Any good suggestion for a good UPS to go with a 50” tv 

to save from Power surges 

29 minutes ago, AnK said:

Toshiba is offering 4 year extended warranty this month

just in time with lockdown lift 

Any good suggestion for a good UPS to go with a 50” tv 

to save from Power surges 

Curious, is that still a thing for TVs and other appliances? Aren't modern internal adapters reliable enough to protect themselves and even power surges of the kind which may ruin appliances are very very rare nowadays(at least where I live, in metro cities)? I'm ignorant on the topic.

38 minutes ago, AnK said:

It destroys the TV screen 

Board or something 

3 tv’s gone kaput at my place recently (very slowly) 

No need for UPS. Just get a surge protector and if your house is fully connected to an inverter which has protection built in then even that is not needed.