The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, swift said:

TCL posted that.

a564fd09440d4add70417f40460ccfc2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They were supposed to launch the miniLED series this month in India. So maybe that can be what they are pointing at because apparently it will have HDMI 2.1 with VRR and ALLM. If they price it around 100 k it can be a good option for PS5/XBOX Series X owners. 

Edited by SuperT

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=27643208

Android TV Home added ads to home screen recently, and cannot be disabled. Their play store rating has tumbled to 1 star. 

Basically all android powered smart tvs now have ads? I would just continue using fire stick after I get the latest smart tv if that's the case.

Can anyone share an expert opinion on this TV? Buying it for my parents so it doesn’t need to be from a gaming point of view. 

Samsung 138 cm (55 inches) Crystal 4K Pro Series Ultra HD Smart LED TV UA55AUE70AKLXL (Black) (2021 Model)
by Cloudtail India
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B091GYJLRB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7E5JBPMVH8RYK1S9HGYF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's a decent TV but don't expect it to be much better than its Chinese counterparts in terms of PQ. 

Thank you, can you share its Chinese counterparts? My parents always prefer the big 3 in India - Samsung, LG and Sony for their after sales or repair service. 

On 6/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, Aloy said:

Facing a crisis here.

My current Samsung TV is on the verge of death. Something is probably wrong with its power supply or maybe the IC cause it randomly turns on and off on its own sometimes. This goes on for hours and then it works perfectly for a few days. This gets annoying pretty fast when it starts happening in the middle of a gaming session.

Had shown it to a technician a couple of times but he couldn't find an issue. He even kept it at his store for a day or so.

My plan was to wait and buy a good 50K TV as the replacement but that's not currently possible, at least not till 2022. I'm thinking of buying a 1080 monitor as a temp measure. I can't spend much on a temp. 1080 monitor, maybe max 15K or so.

A TV in that range won't be good, especially for gaming. 

Something like this: https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-Monitor-Freesync/dp/B07S146CB6/ref=asc_df_B07S146CB6/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397083069542&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17140922734554834505&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007761&hvtargid=pla-811335892987&ext_vrnc=hi&th=1

What are my options?

BENQ has some good monitors for about 10K. https://www.amazon.in/BenQ-23-8-inch-Monitor-Built/dp/B073NTCT4Q/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=benq&qid=1624455546&refinements=p_36%3A-1200000&rnid=1318502031&sr=8-1

48 minutes ago, Coruscant1977 said:

Thanks for the recommendation but I've already bought an Acer monitor. That BENQ one also seems good.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, Mysteryman said:

Can anyone share an expert opinion on this TV? Buying it for my parents so it doesn’t need to be from a gaming point of view. 

Samsung 138 cm (55 inches) Crystal 4K Pro Series Ultra HD Smart LED TV UA55AUE70AKLXL (Black) (2021 Model)
by Cloudtail India
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B091GYJLRB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7E5JBPMVH8RYK1S9HGYF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Did you end up buying this TV? If not which one did you choose? I am looking for a 4k tv in this range. As you described for non gaming needs.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, Mysteryman said:

by Cloudtail India

It has low brightness so HDR won't be good but I don't think that it will matter to them.

Also, the only difference between this and the regular Crystal Tv is the voice assistant so it makes more sense to get that one instead along with a firestick.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

The LG BX 55 is on sale on Amazon for 1.10L right now. There.s a coupon that needs to be applied but that can be done on the product page itself. Cheapest I've ever seen it 

Wait for CX to get cheaper or for Dussehra to get C1. The brightness is noticeably better.

40 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Wait for CX to get cheaper or for Dussehra to get C1. The brightness is noticeably better.

Ya but someone mentioned that the CX might well be out of stock by then , and lately I've noticed that any stock thats available of the CX is above 1.45L , but ya , definitely going to wait.

There.s also a prime day sale happening on the 26th and 27th of July , maybe i can get a good CC offer too during the sale.  So ya , lets see. 

So I got my aunt the Samsung crystal 4k tv I was talking about in the previous page. Apprently there will be a delay of a week for installation on wall mount due to covid. If my cousin opens the package and place the tv on the provided stand, will it void the warranty? I have heard some stories alike and my understanding is if we ask local guys to wall mount it, then that may cause an issue but placing it on provided stand on a table is fine. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by b!T