The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 minute ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

October it is, then.

I decided on CX because it's gotten very good reviews for console gaming. Is there anything else in that price range (1.5 - 1.6L) as a second option?

If you have the budget for an OLED, CX/C1 is a no brainer. Don't even look at other options.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, Outlook said:

Just finished "Mare of Easttown", great story, perfect casting, Kate winslet is amazing..

just couldn't guess the killer until it was revealed 

Hahaha i found it hilarious that you thought this was a " TV show Decision making thread " 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, CtrlAltDev93 said:

October it is, then.

I decided on CX because it's gotten very good reviews for console gaming. Is there anything else in that price range (1.5 - 1.6L) as a second option?

I'm also in the same boat , gonna wait till there.s a sale , for either the BX or the CX. The cheapest I've seen the CX 55 fall to is 1.25L on amazon , and 1.10L for the BX 55 , and the BX65 was on sale for 1.87 L the whole of last week on amazon. 

I'm also waiting for reviews of the TCL C825, its a Mini LED tv , the 65 inch costs 1.5L. So far i havent found any proper reviews of it , so just waiting for that. 

I'm also in the same boat , gonna wait till there.s a sale , for either the BX or the CX. The cheapest I've seen the CX 55 fall to is 1.25L on amazon , and 1.10L for the BX 55 , and the BX65 was on sale for 1.87 L the whole of last week on amazon. 

I'm also waiting for reviews of the TCL C825, its a Mini LED tv , the 65 inch costs 1.5L. So far i havent found any proper reviews of it , so just waiting for that. 
I doubt the cx will be in stock till diwali sales. It's already out of stock not in many places and the c1 is being pushed.

12 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Wait for Dussehra, you'll be able to get 55C1 for 1.15-1.2L and 65C1 for 1.65-1.7L, offline after card discounts.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Wait for Dussehra, you'll be able to get 55C1 for 1.15-1.2L and 65C1 for 1.65-1.7L, offline after card discounts.

1.65L for a 65 inch would be amazing. I dont think ita gonna fall so low , with the whole chip shortage fiasco. If it does then nothing like it. The 1.15 for the C1 seems more plausible at the moment. 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, KunjanPSD said:

I don't see CX price dropping by much now. Especially not online, you can try your luck offline.

But you will most probably be looking at demo units. You'll have to do your due diligence to make sure you are not being given a used unit.

It's the typical product cycle from LG, they call back all the remaining stock of the old product by the time July hits. And then the lowest you can get the newer model for is around Dussehra.

You mean if a retailer has unused and unopened stock,  LG takes all of it back ? Makes sense to some extent,  i guess they dont want to erode the value of the tv by selling it at crazy low prices. 

9 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

1.65L for a 65 inch would be amazing. I dont think ita gonna fall so low , with the whole chip shortage fiasco. If it does then nothing like it. The 1.15 for the C1 seems more plausible at the moment. 

You mean if a retailer has unused and unopened stock,  LG takes all of it back ? Makes sense to some extent,  i guess they dont want to erode the value of the tv by selling it at crazy low prices. 

I don't see chip shortage affecting this segment, atleast in India. The majority of the discount is sponsored by the payment service providers and the retailer itself. So given that the MRP is almost the same, I expect the same discounts to follow this year as well.

Yes, LG takes that stock back to preserve their price. I know some people who got 55C9 for 90k after CX was released. I couldn't even believe it. But that's very rare.

Although there isn't much difference between CX and C1 but given how LG prioritised 2021 sets over 2020/2019 for fixing DV 120hz issue and also the release of updated UI, I always go for the latest model unless I am saving a bunch by going with the older model.

• Like 1

During this big saving days on flipkart Will we get deals like the frame 55 inch going for Rs.65k last diwali?

Tvs are so costly even if i seek a 40 inch q80t it's just 10k cheap than 50 inch qn90a to which point it feels like hold on i could get lg cx 48 inch somewhere for that.

Between the frame 2021 43 inch for 61k and q80t 49 inch for 90k there is nothing worth buying in between.

Even though in most other countries you get many good Tvs like x85j 43-50, samsung frame 2021 55, x90j 50 within this price.

I don't get it these are not made in india right so why are they still over costly?

If a model just feel perfectly withon budget without being overpriced and conflicting with another model of that range ot would be just easy pick.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

October it is, then.

If you are spending big then go with an OLED only. Get LCD only if keeping the oled safe from damage or moving places is a issue in coming future.

Else OLED only.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

On 7/16/2021 at 6:16 PM, KunjanPSD said:

If this does happen, and CX (if any are even in stock) isn't all that cheaper, I'll definitely opt for the C1. I'm all for online shopping but a purchase this big (and fragile) feels like one you visit the showroom for. Any particular stores in Bangalore that ya'll would suggest?

2 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

If this does happen, and CX (if any are even in stock) isn't all that cheaper, I'll definitely opt for the C1. I'm all for online shopping but a purchase this big (and fragile) feels like one you visit the showroom for. Any particular stores in Bangalore that ya'll would suggest?

Check all the usuals: Croma, RD, LG Shopee.

Online you won't get the best price.

• Thanks 1

BX 55 OLED is on sale for 97k on Flipkart , after cc discounts and an additional 3 % discount you get from playing some mystery box quiz. Quite a good offer,  but the warranty says just 1 year plus 1 additional on the panel.

I was under the impression that all LG oleds come with 3 yr warranty as standard. 

On 7/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Even if you are not looking for a TV to game specifically, an OLED is a worthy investment because the viewing experience is much better but if it's just gonna be used for let's say sports and sitcoms in a family room then I think you can skip it.

If you can't budget out 1L+ for an OLED then you can still get pretty good 4k TVs.

But 70k is very grey area, you will get much better TVs for 80-85k if you time it right. Wait for Dussehra and you will be able to get Sony 55" x90J which is pretty good and no other TV really comes close in this range.

Right now x90H is generally available for this price but I won't recommend to buy it right now when you can get x90J for the same price in future.

For 70k range, you'll be looking at Samsung Frame but it's quite a cutdown so I won't recommend that over Sony.

Also the general pecking order is OLED >= Well made Mini LED > General Mini LED > LED

QLED is just a moniker used by Samsung to market their LED sets with a Quantum Dot layer which does provide it better colors and contrast but it's basically still LED and you will have blooming issues and it's not even any cheaper than OLED.

Hi!
Are you sure though about getting the x90J around that price considering it currently sells for 1.3lacs?
Also, how important is HDMI 2.1 in terms of future proofing? I'm the kind who doesn't really understand the difference in picture quality but looking at something around the 80k range. So far, only Frame fits in.

Some other options without HDMI 2.1 are Samsung AU8000 or Sony X80J. 

Any other recommendations?

17 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Hi!
Are you sure though about getting the x90J around that price considering it currently sells for 1.3lacs?
Also, how important is HDMI 2.1 in terms of future proofing? I'm the kind who doesn't really understand the difference in picture quality but looking at something around the 80k range. So far, only Frame fits in.

Some other options without HDMI 2.1 are Samsung AU8000 or Sony X80J. 

Any other recommendations?

Sony prices its LEDs very stupidly.

Last year even x90H used to be priced around 1.2L, then display price was cut down to 1.05L and I got it for 83k post cashback.

They have released x90J for 1.6L which is insane as at that price it's OLED any day, so I think 90-95k should be doable around Dussehra.

Below that it's upto your bargaining skills and the appetite of the retailer.

For picture quality 2.1 won't matter much but it's a must have for gaming at this point. O won't recommend buying a set without it.

Just wait till Oct-Nov, you will see prices tumble.

On 7/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Sony prices its LEDs very stupidly.

Last year even x90H used to be priced around 1.2L, then display price was cut down to 1.05L and I got it for 83k post cashback.

They have released x90J for 1.6L which is insane as at that price it's OLED any day, so I think 90-95k should be doable around Dussehra.

Below that it's upto your bargaining skills and the appetite of the retailer.

For picture quality 2.1 won't matter much but it's a must have for gaming at this point. O won't recommend buying a set without it.

Just wait till Oct-Nov, you will see prices tumble.

Thank you!

If HDMI 2.1 is not a priority, is there a better VFM TV than the Frame 55"?

16 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Thank you!

If HDMI 2.1 is not a priority, is there a better VFM TV than the Frame 55"?

If you are looking for a TV with good PQ, it will most probably have 2.1. You won't really get a TV which only gives up 2.1 to provide value, it will drop down in PQ as well.

But Frame 55" is the best one afaik if you don't want to wait for x90J.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Frame has only 1 port iirc. It also had issues with 120 Hz. Not sure if they're fixed. 

It's one connect cable is also a fire hazard as per the best TV installer in the Cali area. 

But if 2.1 isn't a need then neither is 120hz.

And I'll probably have to refer to some good Australian source regarding the fire hazard. 

9 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

If you are looking for a TV with good PQ, it will most probably have 2.1. You won't really get a TV which only gives up 2.1 to provide value, it will drop down in PQ as well.

But Frame 55" is the best one afaik if you don't want to wait for x90J.

Thank you!

Gonna wait till Diwali anyway and see, hopefully x90 is at a good price by then!