The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Is this a good tv? Looking to buy a good 55 inch. Brand doesnt matter much but I am a sony fanboy and dont have money for oled. 

Limited-time deal: Sony Bravia 138.8 cm (55 inches) 4K Ultra HD Certified Android LED TV 55X7500H (Black) (2020 Model) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084T8MD6L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_FA2CTRGH68X1FHNGW1M7

Is this a good tv? Looking to buy a good 55 inch. Brand doesnt matter much but I am a sony fanboy and dont have money for oled. 

Limited-time deal: Sony Bravia 138.8 cm (55 inches) 4K Ultra HD Certified Android LED TV 55X7500H (Black) (2020 Model) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084T8MD6L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_FA2CTRGH68X1FHNGW1M7

7 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Look for Samsung Frame 2020/21.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

It is a 1.5 lac. Is it going to get almost 50% discount during diwali?

2 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I think @Mr. Comingle meant X90H?

You'll get x90J for 90k if not for 80k during Dussehra. 

It's basically their x90H replacement but they hike the base price.

Other than that, Frame 2021.

• Like 1

I have to buy too many things so a little low on budget. It seems i should TV out of my mind till diwali at least. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Will be back with this query after two months. 

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Rather get frame 2020 55 inch during Diwali or something.....that has 4k@120 hz refresh rate and is currently priced at 82k

This is by samsung or LG? Wont even touch samsung tv. I have had really bad experience. Plus i feel sony tvs work especially well with playstation. 

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

This is by samsung or LG? Wont even touch samsung tv. I have had really bad experience. Plus i feel sony tvs work especially well with playstation. 

Samsung.

You won't find a decent TV from LG aside from their OLED range.

• Like 1

DP

P.s. Forum needs to be fixed. Can't use it in the current state.

Edited by KunjanPSD

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sony TVs are just hype. Charging hefty premium just for brand and marginally better processing. 

My suggestion - it you can't afford x90j or Frame, just go for Motorola or some such with decent reviews. Like the other midrange / budget range TVs from big brands are absolute dogshit. Don't spend extra 20-30k for big 3 brands on their shitty TVs in the 60-70k range just for the f**k of it. Either be ready to spend a bit more or get a cheap set. These halfway there 60k TVs are just packaging the same 30k TV and slapping the brand to fool customers.

Yeah. If you can't get one within 90k-1.2L range then just spend bucks and go for 30-40k sets from the likes of TCL or something.

Anything else is a waste of money.

• Like 2

I have to buy too many things so a little low on budget. It seems i should TV out of my mind till diwali at least. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Will be back with this query after two months. 

Samsung 

Don’t think so ps5 will work especially well with Sony tv’s 

I think it’ll be fine with Samsung,lg too I assume 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Engineer said:

My 35 year old CRT TV finally broke down. Currently looking for a new TV that works for next 30 years. I got my eyes on LG C1 oled 55". Is LG TVs good and long lasting? Will they provide software updates for the next 30 years?

LG has only promised 29 years, I suggest you look at other brands.

2 hours ago, Engineer said:

My 35 year old CRT TV finally broke down. Currently looking for a new TV that works for next 30 years. I got my eyes on LG C1 oled 55". Is LG TVs good and long lasting? Will they provide software updates for the next 30 years?

Probably the worst technology to buy if you are interested in longevity of 30 years. OLED degrades in air (and with use) more than any other piece of technology that you might have ever bought other than batteries.

17 hours ago, Engineer said:

Yes, but you need to provide LG with Bhagwan ka Puraskar aka Balak Paneer to ensure the brand does not go out of business. Only way for your grandkids to see the burn-in OLED panel in 2051.