The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Are TV's specifically in Bangalore offline store heavily discounted during Diwali or dusshera?

Or are they heavily discounted in offline stores during big billion day sales and Amazon GIF?

Plan to buy a TV only via offline stores

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

On 9/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Are TV's specifically in Bangalore offline store heavily discounted during Diwali or dusshera?

Or are they heavily discounted in offline stores during big billion day sales and Amazon GIF?

Plan to buy a TV only via offline stores

Last year they were heavily discounted when i was checking out. At Croma they were trying to stick me Samsung TV so they said they can offer even lower price than what it is at the moment in their store. Lot of people got their CX last year for low price. 

Didn't buy any last year cause wasn't a good time to buy plus no PS5 back then but looking for one now. Not many options though. Big brand name TVs are not worth it anymore (Atleast in QLED section).

10 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Last year they were heavily discounted when i was checking out. At Croma they were trying to stick me Samsung TV so they said they can offer even lower price than what it is at the moment in their store. Lot of people got their CX last year for low price. 

Didn't buy any last year cause wasn't a good time to buy plus no PS5 back then but looking for one now. Not many options though. Big brand name TVs are not worth it anymore (Atleast in QLED section).

When though are these tvs heavily discounted in Bangalore ….Diwali or Dussehra?

the Samsung qleds are somewhat decent from what I see 

anyways my budget is max 70k …..so I want to see if I can get it during  Diwali or Dussehra time.

1 minute ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

anyways my budget is max 70k …..so I want to see if I can get it during  Diwali or Dussehra time.

During Diwali time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Go on Dussehra. Last year that was the day for the most discount.

• Thanks 1

Guys if you are looking to get a monitor/gaming tv the LG CX 48 inch is available at some places - sealed/new and available at pretty good prices. I inquired over the phone and after cashback/discounts it is available for around 90-92k. This is just over the phone so I am sure it will be available for cheaper if you visit the stores and are willing to buy. I guess they want to clear out the inventory as soon as possible for the newer C1.

Also, the good thing about the CX 48 inch is that it launched this year in India, it did not launch along with the other sizes and came almost 6-7 months later to India so you will not get a 2020 piece and it is usually also never displayed in the stores so you wont end up with a demo unit. 

I might get one this weekend as I need a small tv for the PS5 and also use it as a monitor, it is mostly sold out in Reliance/Croma etc. but Vijay Sales and some other dealers still have a couple of units which might go oos soon. 

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Guys if you are looking to get a monitor/gaming tv the LG CX 48 inch is available at some places - sealed/new and available at pretty good prices. I inquired over the phone and after cashback/discounts it is available for around 90-92k. This is just over the phone so I am sure it will be available for cheaper if you visit the stores and are willing to buy. I guess they want to clear out the inventory as soon as possible for the newer C1.

Also, the good thing about the CX 48 inch is that it launched this year in India, it did not launch along with the other sizes and came almost 6-7 months later to India so you will not get a 2020 piece and it is usually also never displayed in the stores so you wont end up with a demo unit. 

I might get one this weekend as I need a small tv for the PS5 and also use it as a monitor, it is mostly sold out in Reliance/Croma etc. but Vijay Sales and some other dealers still have a couple of units which might go oos soon. 

C1 48 is available for 1.05 after cashback +3 year extended warranty, isn't it better to spend 10-12k more for this deal?

10 minutes ago, CodeEvo said:

C1 48 is available for 1.05 after cashback +3 year extended warranty, isn't it better to spend 10-12k more for this deal?

Just called Vijay Sales and showed interest and getting the CX 48 for approx. 85k with 3 year warranty he has very less units left so if I go there in person might just lower it further. If I can get it for less than 85k I will go for the CX. C1 is not a major upgrade and don't think it is worth it for 20k more.

Edited by SuperT

11 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Just called Vijay Sales and showed interest and getting the CX 48 for approx. 85k with 3 year warranty he has very less units left so if I go there in person might just lower it further. If I can get it for less than 85k I will go for the CX. C1 is not a major upgrade and don't think it is worth it for 20k more.

Location? Bangalore does not have CX 48 looks like, Tried Croma,Reliance and Girias 

Just now, CodeEvo said:

Location? Bangalore does not have CX 48 looks like, Tried Croma,Reliance and Girias 

Vijay Sales Delhi. Yeah, cx is sold out everywhere, the guy on the phone said he has 2-3 units left of the 48 inch model. I'm guessing they want to clear out the remaining pcs. before Dusshera and then push the C1 to customers. 

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Vijay Sales Delhi. Yeah, cx is sold out everywhere, the guy on the phone said he has 2-3 units left of the 48 inch model. I'm guessing they want to clear out the remaining pcs. before Dusshera and then push the C1 to customers. 

Nice, Couple of guys told me they do have 2 units left and will share the pricing. If I get a deal between 80-85k I will pick it up or will pickup the C1 for 1L

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodeEvo said:

Nice, Couple of guys told me they do have 2 units left and will share the pricing. If I get a deal between 80-85k I will pick it up or will pickup the C1 for 1L

I think CX at 85k with 3 years warranty is a good deal. 20k premium not worth it for the C1 over the CX. Be careful that you are not handed a demo unit, make sure it is a sealed unit.