The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

56 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I think CX at 85k with 3 years warranty is a good deal. 20k premium not worth it for the C1 over the CX. Be careful that you are not handed a demo unit, make sure it is a sealed unit. 

CX not available anywhere, they are giving me C1 48 For 1.01 and 10,500 cash-back (ICICI) so effectively 90,500 INR.

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Take a look at this MOTOROLA Revou-Q 139 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart Android TV on Flipkart
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/NqYRiWuuuN

:naughty:  

Should I go for this one during the sale? Oled is out of budget. O nahi toh Q hi sahi. 

QLED is nothing but a fancy LED.

I am sure higher-mid end LEDs from Sony and Samsung will perform better than this.

Unless you don't wanna go for those, consider offerings from TCL which should be cheaper than this. Anything in the middle won't provide you bang for the buck.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Guys, what are your thoughts on this? It seems quite good but then it's almost in tumhe OLED range where LG C1 is pretty close to this. 

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/ufUE0lNNNN

If you are willing to pay maybe 10-15 k more you can get a LG OLED 48 inch or maybe if you can find a CX in stock you can get it for around 80-85k. You get better PQ, 4 HDMI 2.1 slots with vrr - so you are future proof.

Edited by SuperT

54 minutes ago, SuperT said:

If you are willing to pay maybe 10-15 k more you can get a LG OLED 48 inch or maybe if you can find a CX in stock you can get it for around 80-85k. You get better PQ, 4 HDMI 2.1 slots with vrr - so you are future proof.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. If I am spending that much might as well spend just slightly more and get a LG C1 or CX OLED. 

3 questions though,

1) what's the difference between C1 and CX. 

2) And where are you seeing the prices that you mentioned? Online on flipkart and Amazon 48 inches is usually not available and if it is then the price is very high. 

3) Does LG use any cheap tactics where the lower inch model has an inferior panel and specs compared to its larger panels? I see this done by a lot of manufacturers where they advertise the specs of larger models but the smaller size models end up have worse quality and specs in terms of brightness and contrast. So just wanted to ask. 

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Exactly what I was thinking as well. If I am spending that much might as well spend just slightly more and get a LG C1 or CX OLED. 

3 questions though,

1) what's the difference between C1 and CX. 

2) And where are you seeing the prices that you mentioned? Online on flipkart and Amazon 48 inches is usually not available and if it is then the price is very high. 

3) Does LG use any cheap tactics where the lower inch model has an inferior panel and specs compared to its larger panels? I see this done by a lot of manufacturers where they advertise the specs of larger models but the smaller size models end up have worse quality and specs in terms of brightness and contrast. So just wanted to ask. 

1. Not much a new processor on the C1 which will have a little bit better processing power means the PQ might be better - I suggest you go to a store and check them out side by side by playing the same content. - If the diff. is more than 15k between the 2 then I suggest you save up and go for the CX. 

2. You will never get good prices online for LG OLED tvs online, check out some local dealers or vijay sales if there is one nearby. I always get the best offers from Vijay Sales. 

3. Nope you get all the features on the 48 inch model. 4 HDMI 2.1 slots with VRR is available on the 48inch model so nothing to worry about. 

This guy is the best in the business when it comes to TVs/Displays - 

Edited by SuperT

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Saw this yesterday. 

Wondering what will happen to Asus since many of their mid tier/high tier laptops are moving to OLED screens. 

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Absolutely no one has made a video about it and laptops live on excels and code editors.

18 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

How is this model? Good offer as well. With HDFC card around 54000

Limited-time deal: LG 139.7 cm (55 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 55UP7720PTY (Light Black) (2021 Model) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0967M4WPJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_QQJ8A41ZX6YAW0SM6B7Y?psc=1

Check this - https://dl.flipkart.com/s/lQAS98uuuN

Full Array at a decent price. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Are bhai koi toh kuch bolo

Basically - most TV's are edge lit means the light comes from the edges this leads to bleeding. For example blacks will look grey since light bleeds into those areas. Full Array tries to address this by having light sources which are behind the panel rather than on the edges. OLEDs go one step further because they have individually lit pixels so that means there is no back light. Hence no bleeding. OLED is the best in the business for now. 

I suggest you check some YouTube videos and also try to visit Reliance/Croma where they will have all types of panels displayed - edge lit/OLED/full Array etc. Take a pen drive with some 4k videos and ask the guy to play it for you on different screens. Check it out for yourself and then take a call. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Basically - most TV's are edge lit means the light comes from the edges this leads to bleeding. For example blacks will look grey since light bleeds into those areas. Full Array tries to address this by having light sources which are behind the panel rather than on the edges. OLEDs go one step further because they have individually lit pixels so that means there is no back light. Hence no bleeding. OLED is the best in the business for now. 

I suggest you check some YouTube videos and also try to visit Reliance/Croma where they will have all types of panels displayed - edge lit/OLED/full Array etc. Take a pen drive with some 4k videos and ask the guy to play it for you on different screens. Check it out for yourself and then take a call. 

Is hisense a reliable brand? 

@KunjanPSDsaid to go for a mid-high end Led Uhd tv from sony or samsung instead of qled tvs from smaller brands. Or just go for a basic uhd led tv from smaller brands. 

I am getting confused now. That's why chose lg in the middle. Good brand at a good price. 

Ps:- it does look like a full array qled is definitely better than qled from motaloda, xiaonahi and no kia .

Decision is based on the fact that hisense should be reliable in the long term.cant beat reliability of anything lg or sony. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali