The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

3 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Is hisense a reliable brand? 

@KunjanPSDsaid to go for a mid-high end Led Uhd tv from sony or samsung instead of qled tvs from smaller brands. Or just go for a basic uhd led tv from smaller brands. 

I am getting confused now. That's why chose lg in the middle. Good brand at a good price. 

Check out YouTube for some videos regarding your doubts bro.....that's what I did and do what @SuperT said.....take a few 4k videos in a pen drive and try it out at offline stores

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Check out YouTube for some videos regarding your doubts bro.....that's what I did and do what @SuperT said.....take a few 4k videos in a pen drive and try it out at offline stores

Bhai i am at an age if there is no parking available at a shop/restaurant etc i would just drive back home. Chasme ka size alag badha hua hai. 

How reliable is the brand is what matters to me. For eg i could have easily bought hector or harrier i instead bought seltos kyonki magajmari nahi hoti. Ek dum riks nahi leneka 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

29 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Bhai i am at an age if there is no parking available at a shop/restaurant etc i would just drive back home. Chasme ka size alag badha hua hai. 

How reliable is the brand is what matters to me. For eg i could have easily bought hector or harrier i instead bought seltos kyonki magajmari nahi hoti. Ek dum riks nahi leneka 

No point in going with Hisense at 80k, go and explore around Dussehra in local stores. Look for Sony x90J. 

Else, just buy something sub 45k.

• Like 1

@Bhpian Bali How much do you intend to spend. There are only two types of display panels: OLED n LCD. Both of have their pros n cons. Rest of stuff mentioned is just tech stuff.

As for Hisense, its a very good brand and they are killing it this year with their U series. Unfortunately, Indian Markets is hogged over by Sony, Samsung and LG due to marketing hence people disregard other brands. Just do some research you'll get better idea.

The Hisense U6G is the entry model and is the best budget TV but not future proof for gaming as it lacks HDMI 2.1 and other stuff. If you are looking at OLED, look no further than a LG model.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

@Bhpian Bali How much do you intend to spend. There are only two types of display panels: OLED n LCD. Both of have their pros n cons. Rest of stuff mentioned is just tech stuff.

As for Hisense, its a very good brand and they are killing it this year with their U series. Unfortunately, Indian Markets is hogged over by Sony, Samsung and LG due to marketing hence people disregard other brands. Just do some research you'll get better idea.

The Hisense U6G is the entry model and is the best budget TV but not future proof for gaming as it lacks HDMI 2.1 and other stuff. If you are looking at OLED, look no further than a LG model.

Budget is around 50k not exceeding 60k

I have shortlisted two models

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/9BK6Z8uuuN

And 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0967M4WPJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_QQJ8A41ZX6YAW0SM6B7Y?psc=1

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Budget is around 50k not exceeding 60k

I have shortlisted two models

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/9BK6Z8uuuN

And 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0967M4WPJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_QQJ8A41ZX6YAW0SM6B7Y?psc=1

Between these 2, I see LG doesn't mention HDR or peak brightness anywhere in that page and Hisense clearly says HDR /Dolby Vision and 700nits peak brightness.

Just something to take into consideration before you make your decision.

Also, I have been using a Toshiba FALD for almost a year, their electronics division was bought by Hisense few years ago and I've had no issues no far, but that's just me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Between these 2, I see LG doesn't mention HDR or peak brightness anywhere in that page and Hisense clearly says HDR /Dolby Vision and 700nits peak brightness.

Also, I have been using a Toshiba FALD for almost a year, their electronics division was bought by Hisense few years ago and I've had no issues no far, but that's just me.

Thank you for this. There's actually no mention of hdr. 

But too late. Hisense showing oos for my pin code. 

29 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Does the following answer HDR issue? Cant find peak brightness on the lg page. 

LG UP77, 55 (139.7cm) 4K Smart UHD TV

(0)

Write a review

Real 4K Display with 3 Side Cinema Screen Design

Intelligent Quad Core Processor 4K

AI Brightness, HDR 10 Pro, HLG HDR Pro

Built -in Google Assistant & Alexa, Apple Airplay 2, Apple HomeKit

WebOS & AI ThinQ™ with New Magic Remote

Game Optimizer, ALLM

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Thank you for this. There's actually no mention of hdr. 

But too late. Hisense showing oos for my pin code. 

https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-55up7720pty

So as per official page, LG unit does have HDR, but prolly does not Dolby Vision format. It does mention HDR10 and HLG. Also no mention of peak brightness.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So what are your final thoughts? It comes with 3 year warranty as well. 

Honestly, I think depends on you. Lots of factors on individual preference here. 

Hisense has HDR and supports Dolby Vision as well. Higher peak brightness benefits HDR. 1 year warranty(you could check for official warranty extension or flipkart extended warranty, have this on both my Toshibas but haven't called them for any issues yet so no idea how the service is). 

LG unit has HDR but no DV by the looks of it. It has HDR tone mapping, implies peak brightness is probably on the lower side not sure if its good enough replacement to having higher peak brightness panel(someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Has 3 years warranty by default and LG service is known to be good (at least my experience with other appliances service have been good).

Personally, between these two units, I'd go with Hisense, but depends on your preferences. 

Edited by gecko89

16 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Honestly, I think depends on you. Lots of factors on individual preference here. 

Hisense has HDR and supports Dolby Vision as well. Higher peak brightness benefits HDR. 1 year warranty(you could check for official warranty extension or flipkart extended warranty, have this on both my Toshibas but haven't called them for any issues yet so no idea how the service is). 

LG unit has HDR but no DV by the looks of it. It has HDR tone mapping, implies peak brightness is probably on the lower side not sure if its good enough replacement to having higher peak brightness panel(someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Has 3 years warranty by default and LG service is known to be good (at least my experience with other appliances service have been good).

Personally, between these two units, I'd go with Hisense, but depends on your preferences. 

Honestly, can't decide this at all without checking them out in the stores. It will be difficult to find the Hisense in a store though.

Existence of tone mapping doesn't necessarily mean lower brightness.

@Bhpian Bali Roll the dice and get Hisense.

Although I am partial to LG but Hisense might be worth it. 

Purely based on their website, I don't have experience with their TVs and customer service.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Honestly, can't decide this at all without checking them out in the stores. It will be difficult to find the Hisense in a store though.

Existence of tone mapping doesn't necessarily mean lower brightness.

@Bhpian Bali Roll the dice and get Hisense.

Although I am partial to LG but Hisense might be worth it. 

Purely based on their website, I don't have experience with their TVs and customer service.

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Ok. Will try and buy hisense. Sad that it is showing out of stock. Will keep trying the page. Hope that the plus member discount doesn't disappear at mid night. 

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Ok. Will try and buy hisense. Sad that it is showing out of stock. Will keep trying the page. Hope that the plus member discount doesn't disappear at mid night. 

Hisense will be sold in stores as well i believe. Croma had listed it on their site as well. I would stay away from LG as their low end TV's aren't great. 

One other thing, Most of TVs (doesn't matter the brand) doesn't look great out of the box. Those who are well informed either hire professional callibrator to callibrate their TV or find callibration settings online (forums etc). Majority of people who walk into a store n buy them are just uninformed. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Hisense will be sold in stores as well i believe. Croma had listed it on their site as well. I would stay away from LG as their low end TV's aren't great. 

One other thing, Most of TVs (doesn't matter the brand) doesn't look great out of the box. Those who are well informed either hire professional callibrator to callibrate their TV or find callibration settings online (forums etc). Majority of people who walk into a store n buy them are just uninformed. 

Hisense is sold in RD for sure, I have seen it.

45 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I was just checking lg tv deals. Is this a good one at 81 after discount?

Take a look at this LG OLED A1 Series 121 cm (48 inch) OLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV on Flipkart

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/O3XemsNNNN

If 4K 60hz is acceptable after stretching to 81k, then can consider. Also know that nits of brightness is low for this one. Better to get a Samsung QLED at this price. Samsung The Wall 55 with 120hz is there too