The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

2 minutes ago, Aercy said:

If 4K 60hz is acceptable after stretching to 81k, then can consider. Also know that nits of brightness is low for this one. Better to get a Samsung QLED at this price. Samsung The Wall 55 with 120hz is there too

:suicide:

Never imagined that buying a TV is going to be so complicated.

Will keep looking. BC hisense is also not coming back in stock. 

• Sad 1

Hello. I'm buying a new TV. Budget is around 75k max.

I'm stuck between a 4k 60, 55 inch OLED with Dolby atmos, no HDR. No HDMI 2.1 only 60 Hz.

Vs

4k 120, 65 inch LED with Dolby atmos, HDR 10+, 120 Hz.

So basically its smaller OLED with less features and refresh rate vs larger LED with more features and refresh rate.

I'm also gonna get a PS5 in tomorrows restock hopefully or whenever else possible. So which one should I pick? Stuck between the 2.

Any ideas, suggestions?

We need to stop promoting OLED for being the best. I’d probably settle for QLED next time, hope the CX lasts for 4-5 years.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Any recommendations for 4K 43" TVs? Want it for the bedroom so preferably don't want to spend too much. Around 30k? Might be able to extend a bit if its a good option

Hisense or Toshiba doing good in that budget segment for the past 2 years or so

7 minutes ago, Aercy said:

We need to stop promoting OLED for being the best. I’d probably settle for QLED next time, hope the CX lasts for 4-5 years.

OLED army soon coming after you, lol.

Samsung Neo QLED (80/90 series) do a damn good job of coming close to OLEDs with their mini-LED backlight.

Only if they were a bit cheaper then I personally would buy them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I'm stuck between a 4k 60, 55 inch OLED with Dolby atmos, no HDR. No HDMI 2.1 only 60 Hz.

Vs

So basically its smaller OLED with less features and refresh rate vs larger LED with more features and refresh rate.

I'm also gonna get a PS5 in tomorrows restock hopefully or whenever else possible. So which one should I pick? Stuck between the 2.

Any ideas, suggestions?

65".

49 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

Vs

Any ideas, suggestions?

Go for the 2nd option. Thumbs rule getting anything expensive is to get something that you can afford to easily replace without having to suffer financial stress upon disasters/accident. OLED can wait

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

OLED army soon coming after you, lol.

Samsung Neo QLED (80/90 series) do a damn good job of coming close to OLEDs with their mini-LED backlight.

Only if they were a bit cheaper then I personally would buy them.

OLED army is much more wiser now, they will understand. But will seriously consider QLEDs with mini-LEDs in future to replace my LG CX, and save some money. My experience with OLED is great but not 1.26L great

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aercy said:

OLED army is much more wiser now, they will understand. But will seriously consider QLEDs with mini-LEDs in future to replace my LG CX, and save some money. My experience with OLED is great but not 1.26L great

I am currently running an x90H and now VRR update has started to roll out as well. 120hz is a bit wonky on it but does a pretty good job for 83k.

Planning to upgrade next year, hopefully Sony will offer mini-LED options as well otherwise Samsung but prices will need to come down. Right now they are in the same OLED range.

Somewhere around 1L for a 55” and I will be a butterfly for sure.

1 minute ago, Aercy said:

I am currently running an x90H and now VRR update has started to roll out as well. 120hz is a bit wonky on it but does a pretty good job for 83k.

Planning to upgrade next year, hopefully Sony will offer mini-LED options as well otherwise Samsung but prices will need to come down. Right now they are in the same OLED range.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have realised that I would have possibly been similarly ecstatic if had gotten myself a QLED even with 60fps, especially since mainstream 120 fps gaming is far fetched dream ? I’d be happy with a stable 60 fps-ish RTX performance with the PS5

Went to croma to check out tvs. Now BC yeh Neo LED kya bala hai :fogug:

Getting 50 Inch Samsung Neo Led qn90 for 82k after offers. 

https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/qled-tv/qn90a-50-inch-neo-qled-4k-smart-tv-qa50qn90aaklxl/

Take a look at this SAMSUNG Neo QLED 125 cm (50 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV on Flipkart

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/j9hQamuuuN

Edited by Bhpian Bali

2 hours ago, Aercy said:

Hisense or Toshiba doing good in that budget segment for the past 2 years or so

I wouldn't quote this video to say Dont promote OLED, this is mainly on PC usage which most of the guys here don't use it that way..

45 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Went to croma to check out tvs. Now BC yeh Neo LED kya bala hai :fogug:

Getting 50 Inch Samsung Neo Led qn90 for 82k after offers. 

https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/qled-tv/qn90a-50-inch-neo-qled-4k-smart-tv-qa50qn90aaklxl/

Take a look at this SAMSUNG Neo QLED 125 cm (50 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV on Flipkart

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/j9hQamuuuN

Great choice.

50" model will have less dimming zones as compared to a 55" one but you will absolutely love the picture quality.

Congrats.

49 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

I wouldn't quote this video to say Dont promote OLED, this is mainly on PC usage which most of the guys here don't use it that way..

Exactly. For pc usage, i would never recommend OLEDs as the desktop and all are static. Otherwise, OLED is totally worth it. I have two OLEDs (C9) at home and both have run for more than 3k+ hours. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Picture quality is absolutely perfect and there is no way i would get any other type of tech to replace it when i have to.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Great choice.

50" model will have less dimming zones as compared to a 55" one but you will absolutely love the picture quality.

Congrats.

The seller looks alright in the flipkart page? @santanu18 need your help too. 

Flipkart price works out to 73k wit card offers 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Exactly. For pc usage, i would never recommend OLEDs as the desktop and all are static. Otherwise, OLED is totally worth it. I have two OLEDs (C9) at home and both have run for more than 3k+ hours. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Picture quality is absolutely perfect and there is no way i would get any other type of tech to replace it when i have to.

My sister has a C9 and is currently sitting at around 2700hrs and has developed a very noticeable burn. She has had all the preventive options turned on. Typical television usecase i.e. watching movies, shows, sports etc.

That kind of variability between different sets makes OLED a no go for me currently.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My sister has a C9 and is currently sitting at around 2700hrs and has developed a very noticeable burn. She has had all the preventive options turned on. Typical television usecase i.e. watching movies, shows, sports etc.

That kind of variability between different sets makes OLED a no go for me currently.

Surprising

Just now, Sach4life said:

Surprising

I have mentioned this many times on this thread. Before buying my current TV, I was about to go with CX as well but decided not to. Next year when I upgrade, I'll check all the options available, not against getting an OLED if reliability increases.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have mentioned this many times on this thread. Before buying my current TV, I was about to go with CX as well but decided not to. Next year when I upgrade, I'll check all the options available, not against getting an OLED if reliability increases.

I understand. If i had seen such a case first hand, i would be reluctant to go for OLED as well. One of the reasons i went for OLED is because we have removed dth from our house and i knew there won't be any static logos during usage