The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

4 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

It is selling a lot of LG, Samsung and other banner listed tvs for flipkart. 

Then it should be good. Remember not to open the box yourself. Let the official guy/installer unbox it in front of you.

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

AFAIK Retailnet and omnitechretail were official FK first party sellers like cloudtail india on amazon. Are there more?

The major problem on flipkart is that they only show seller rating in form of ratings out of 5 but they removed the breakdown system of showing you how many users actually rated the seller and the range of ratings.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Plenty of first/third party with direct affiliation to Amazon and flipkart got added in the last 1.5 years

2 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Any feedback about these TVs? For PS5 + firestick usage for the bedroom. All 43"

• TCL P715
  • Vu Ultra (If I can find it somewhere)
  • Hisense A71F/A6GE
  • Mi 5x
  • Samsung AUE70(6-7k more than the others, is it worth it?)

From what I read, VU is the brightest panel of the lot. Don't know about anything else. Will be switching from a 24" 1080p monitor so I guess all of them will be a huge upgrade lol

Stay away from Mi tv if you love your money and time. They will run max 2-3 years and then die

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, santanu18 said:

Stay away from Mi tv if you love your money and time. They will run max 2-3 years and then die

Thanks!

Saw the Mi 4a TV in person, was not impressed.

Any opinions on 43" Samsung AU8200? It looked good from what I saw offline. Don't know the exact difference though between AUE70, AU8000 and the AU8200. Also saw AU7700 but the 8200 looked much better.

Saw TCL P715 as well but trust Samsung more from brand and service POV.

Any feedback about these TVs? For PS5 + firestick usage for the bedroom. All 43"

• TCL P715
  • Vu Ultra (If I can find it somewhere)
  • Hisense A71F/A6GE
  • Mi 5x
  • Samsung AUE70(6-7k more than the others, is it worth it?)

From what I read, VU is the brightest panel of the lot. Don't know about anything else. Will be switching from a 24" 1080p monitor so I guess all of them will be a huge upgrade lol
The best 43 inch gaming TV on a budget is either AU9070 or AU8000. Don't go for above just to save money.

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The best 43 inch gaming TV on a budget is either AU9070 or AU8000. Don't go for above just to save money.

Any idea about the diff between AU8000, AU8200 and AU9070? And what about LGUP7500 and UP7750? LG has only 2 HDMI ports but what other differences are there? 

Any idea about the diff between AU8000, AU8200 and AU9070? And what about LGUP7500 and UP7750? LG has only 2 HDMI ports but what other differences are there? 
Watch the review of AU9070 by babit singh on youtube. He did a good job explaining it. Also it's worth mentioning it's a bit inferior to QLED which cost 10k more but AU9070 is a decent gaming TV and a monitor if you want to use it as such.

23 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Watch the review of AU9070 by babit singh on youtube. He did a good job explaining it. Also it's worth mentioning it's a bit inferior to QLED which cost 10k more but AU9070 is a decent gaming TV and a monitor if you want to use it as such.

will check it out, thanks a lot! Yup main usage would be PS5 + regular firestick usage.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Saw those videos few months back.....He's made so many videos for the au9070 ..very well explained

I wonder if Hisense will launch their U7G and U8G here. If they do that will be interesting. Don't feel like spending way too much for FALD TV from Sony or Samsung. if TCL had kept reasonable price for their new mini-led would have picked that.

In market for a 4k 120 TV. So hopefully i'll find some good one soon.

11 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

When is it coming? Please share your feedback about it, looking to get one as well and all the chinese brands confuse me

It came in today! The TV is shockingly good!
It's more than sufficiently bright for my room, vibrant/punchy colors in 4K HDR videos. The VA panel is great, brings out those blacks really well, and decent viewing angles too.
1080p hotstar videos looks as good as watching on a 43" 1080p screen, didn't notice any scaling/loss in quality. I mostly used the FireStick 4K, rather than the in-built apps, so no idea about how well the OS/apps behave. Also, didn't get a chance yet to connect the PS5 yet.

I walked-in to RD to buy some appliances, and saw the 50" A71f there as well. Side-by-side with some Oneplus, Lg, and Samsung TVs, it was better than or at least neck-to-neck against most higher range TVs.
For 24k, I don't think there's a better TV. Hopefully it serves me well for at least 4-5 years.

Edited by Ram Dante
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

It came in today! The TV is shockingly good!
It's more than sufficiently bright for my room, vibrant/punchy colors in 4K HDR videos. The VA panel is great, brings out those blacks really well, and decent viewing angles too.
1080p hotstar videos looks as good as watching on a 43" 1080p screen, didn't notice any scaling/loss in quality. I mostly used the FireStick 4K, rather than the in-built apps, so no idea about how well the OS/apps behave. Also, didn't get a chance yet to connect the PS5 yet.

I walked-in to RD to buy some appliances, and saw the 50" A71f there as well. Side-by-side with some Oneplus, Lg, and Samsung TVs, it was better than or at least neck-to-neck against most higher range TVs.
For 24k, I don't think there's a better TV. Hopefully it serves me well for at least 4-5 years.

Amazing!

RD told me that apparently the A71F in 43" is being discontinued or something. I had seen the 55" as well and it looked decent. 

But for 24k, its a steal!

Inquired about the C1 55 today, got an offer of Rs.137000/- including a 1 yr burn in and accidental damage warranty and 3 year standard warranty. Additional warranty of 2 years is an extra Rs.13000/-.  This was from the main LG store , hence the 1 year screen burn in warranty. 

18 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Inquired about the C1 55 today, got an offer of Rs.137000/- including a 1 yr burn in and accidental damage warranty and 3 year standard warranty. Additional warranty of 2 years is an extra Rs.13000/-.  This was from the main LG store , hence the 1 year screen burn in warranty. 

1.37L? Pass

Check Vijay Sales on Dussehra and bring your absolute A game to haggle, by checking best prices from other places and quoting your (best offer - 3% of best offer) to Vijay Sales salesperson.

Generally for LG and Sony, these guys can give 5% off on already discounted sticker price (lowest of the LG website's and retailer's own sticker price).

Followed by the card discounts.

If the prices don't drop to around 1.15L-1.2L then it would be confirmed that shortages and shipping costs have eaten up into their margins.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

1.37L? Pass

Check Vijay Sales on Dussehra and bring your absolute A game to haggle, by checking best prices from other places and quoting your (best offer - 3% of best offer) to Vijay Sales salesperson.

Generally for LG and Sony, these guys can give 5% off on already discounted sticker price (lowest of the LG website's and retailer's own sticker price).

Followed by the card discounts.

If the prices don't drop to around 1.15L-1.2L then it would be confirmed that shortages and shipping costs have eaten up into their margins.

And this 1.37 is inclusive of card discounts. The one good part of buying straight from LG is the 1 year screen burn in plus accidental damage warranty. Probably worth the extra 5,6 k right  ? 

1 hour ago, arjun_sasuke said:

And this 1.37 is inclusive of card discounts. The one good part of buying straight from LG is the 1 year screen burn in plus accidental damage warranty. Probably worth the extra 5,6 k right  ? 

Yeah, I meant 1.15-1.20L after card discount.

I am not sure about the burn-in warranty.

Never heard LG giving that away, they do replace it in case burn-in happens but they never explicitly put it as a burn-in warranty because then a person can absolutely torture the TV for the 1st year and then get it replaced.

I think LG shop person is just playing with the words here, looks to be the standard warranty.

Extended warranty you can anyway buy for the same price from LG's website.

Accidental damage warranty is very weird, something seems fishy.

3 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

28 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Never heard LG giving that away, they do replace it in case burn-in happens but they never explicitly put it as a burn-in warranty because then a person can absolutely torture the TV for the 1st year and then get it replaced.

I think LG shop person is just playing with the words here, looks to be the standard warranty.

Helped a friend get the C1 55 inch for about 1.33L after discounts. This was from RD, and it was the best deal we got after Croma and LG Store, who said straight up “impossible” to anything below 1.4L (after card discounts).

In Bangalore.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Helped a friend get the C1 55 inch for about 1.33L after discounts. This was from RD, and it was the best deal we got after Croma and LG Store, who said straight up “impossible” to anything below 1.4L (after card discounts).

In Bangalore.

Yeah i think i.ll wait a bit. Also , there.s a CX 55 on sale on FK for 1.35 L , plus i have an SBI card for whixh SBI says there.s a 10% cashback on all E commerce sites,  which is valid till the end of the day. So that ll workout to about 1.23 L , wondering if thats a better deal than the newer C1. 

Edit: Max cashback is 10k , so 1.25L vs 1.38L. 

Edited by arjun_sasuke

Screen Size - 48”-55”

Spec. Requirements - 2.1 HDMI for 120 Hz gaming , 4k Resolution , HDR , Low input lag preferable ! ( If Allm / Vrr possible , even better ) .

Budget - 75k - 85k INR 

Guys , after reading the last 2-3 pages of this topic , i came across many suggestions like redmi x35 , hisense , TCL’s etc etc .. however , i’m not entirely sure if they fulfil my requirements listed above .

I’m sure all of you guys here are much more informed on the topic than me , so kindly suggest me something that ticks all the checkmarks . I’m moving towns in a month or two & would require one there .

Thanks