The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

4 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

Screen Size - 48”-55”

Spec. Requirements - 2.1 HDMI for 120 Hz gaming , 4k Resolution , HDR , Low input lag preferable ! ( If Allm / Vrr possible , even better ) .

Budget - 75k - 85k INR 

Guys , after reading the last 2-3 pages of this topic , i came across many suggestions like redmi x35 , hisense , TCL’s etc etc .. however , i’m not entirely sure if they fulfil my requirements listed above .

I’m sure all of you guys here are much more informed on the topic than me , so kindly suggest me something that ticks all the checkmarks . I’m moving towns in a month or two & would require one there .

Thanks  

Should check out Sony 55" X90J.

I don't think it will be available for 85k but do try to haggle offline. 90k was used to be quite easy for this range. I am not sure how it will pan out in current situation.

Wait exactly for Dusshera.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

Screen Size - 48”-55”

Spec. Requirements - 2.1 HDMI for 120 Hz gaming , 4k Resolution , HDR , Low input lag preferable ! ( If Allm / Vrr possible , even better ) .

Budget - 75k - 85k INR 

push the budget a bit and get a C1 in the Dusshera/Diwali sale, Checks all the boxes..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Helped a friend get the C1 55 inch for about 1.33L after discounts. This was from RD, and it was the best deal we got after Croma and LG Store, who said straight up “impossible” to anything below 1.4L (after card discounts).

In Bangalore.

Let's wait and see till Dussehra.

Last year as well the prices were a bit high around this time.

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

push the budget a bit and get a C1 in the Dusshera/Diwali sale, Checks all the boxes..

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Should check out Sony 55" X90J.

I don't think it will be available for 85k but do try to haggle offline. 90k was used to be quite easy for this range. I am not sure how it will pan out in current situation.

Wait exactly for Dusshera.

C1 & X90J seem a bit out of the league considering the hefty tags of 1.5L ... However i may just consider these if they ever get discounted between 1-1.10L coz a lot of my time may actually go in content watching as well .. So it’ll be gaming + content , alternatively ..

P.S - Any more suggestions ?
Those frame tv’s by samsung .. they don’t do 120fps / Vrr / Low input lag

11 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

C1 & X90J seem a bit out of the league considering the hefty tags of 1.5L ... However i may just consider these if they ever get discounted between 1-1.10L coz a lot of my time may actually go in content watching as well .. So it’ll be gaming + content , alternatively ..

P.S - Any more suggestions ?
Those frame tv’s by samsung .. they don’t do 120fps / Vrr / Low input lag

In the last 2 years, Sony reduced the sticker price of 90 series to 1.05L and from there 80-90k used to be pretty easy via discount+card.

I don't think it's gonna happen this time. Need to wait till Dussehra.

Extra 40-50k is not chump change.

So unless you get decent discount on x90J/C1, no point in just keep pushing the budget.

I think Frame 2021 is the only option if you don't want to go with something like Hisense.

Edited by KunjanPSD

16 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

You can definitely get C1 55 for 1.1-1.15 during Diwali.. 

If you see recommended post of this thread, I got a CX65 for 1.54 after bank adjustments so just wait buy at right time 

• Like 1

For those looking to get the higher budget TVs, best time is just a day or two before Diwali. That's when the sales guy will entertain the maximum discount. Even more than a week before Diwali. Ideally haggle as much as possible just 1 day before Diwali. 

16 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

You can definitely get C1 55 for 1.1-1.15 during Diwali.. 

If you see recommended post of this thread, I got a CX65 for 1.54 after bank adjustments so just wait buy at right time 

But that is if bank trick works for him as well.

I am counting on repeating the same next year when I get a new TV.

Unless HDFC changed the terms.

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

For those looking to get the higher budget TVs, best time is just a day or two before Diwali. That's when the sales guy will entertain the maximum discount. Even more than a week before Diwali. Ideally haggle as much as possible just 1 day before Diwali. 

Dusshera as well.

I got x90H for 82k and my brother got CX for 1.08L, I haven't seen these prices otherwise.

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

But that is if bank trick works for him as well.

I am counting on repeating the same next year when I get a new TV.

Unless HDFC changed the terms.

Still works, recently bought a PS5 for a friend and closed it at under 47K second day in a 12 month no cost thing..

So a few questions to guide me better for buying an LG Oled. 

1)Is Dussehra or Diwali usually a better time for these TVs? I am in no hurry and want to focus on the best ever possible deal. 

2) Can someone help me out with the ideal sale prices for the following including all discounts so that I have a rough idea to bargain? I absolutely Suck at bargaining is why need a little help with rough prices 

C1 50-

C1 48-

CX 55-

CX 48-

3)Should I consider BX or B1 instead if they are much cheaper? Thoughts on it? 

4 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

So a few questions to guide me better for buying an LG Oled. 

1)Is Dussehra or Diwali usually a better time for these TVs? I am in no hurry and want to focus on the best ever possible deal. 

2) Can someone help me out with the ideal sale prices for the following including all discounts so that I have a rough idea to bargain? I absolutely Suck at bargaining is why need a little help with rough prices 

C1 50-

C1 48-

CX 55-

CX 48-

3)Should I consider BX or B1 instead if they are much cheaper? Thoughts on it? 

1) Closer to Diwali you can get best offers. You can maybe start visiting stores in 2.5-3 weeks and tell them you are serious but want better prices

2) C1 55 would be 1.2 or lower around Diwali sales. CX is mostly sold out. C One of my friend was able to get C1 55 to 1.27 but after very solid bargain and we bought a lot of stuff from that store. RD has better deals in my opinion. 

I will move a bit away from accepted advise and would suggest BX 55 at ~81k available at flipkart right away. This is purely based on the cost diff and if difference was lower at say 15-20K I would not have suggested it. This is for 91.25 on ICICI card and has further 10K discount on EMI transactions. You can cancel EMI and pay right away (scroll a few pages back to @Assassins Creed's post to get a better idea) to have a net outgo of ~81.25 making OLED's a bit more affordable. They are worth the difference at least for gaming. 

Edited by Bluebolt05
typo
  • Like 1

Is the triple ball/soap opera effect prevalent in current Samsung TVs?

Looking to buy the Samsung AU8000 or AU9070 43" and read that it maybe having the triple ball/soap opera effect. Do other TVs have this as well?

And if anyone has real-world experience with these, is it worth the 10-15k premium over Hisense A71F/TCL P715? 

Will use it for gaming + OTT. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bluebolt05 said:

1) Closer to Diwali you can get best offers. You can maybe start visiting stores in 2.5-3 weeks and tell them you are serious but want better prices

2) C1 55 would be 1.2 or lower around Diwali sales. CX is mostly sold out. C One of my friend was able to get C1 55 to 1.27 but after very solid bargain and we bought a lot of stuff from that store. RD has better deals in my opinion. 

I will move a bit away from accepted advise and would suggest BX 55 at ~81k available at flipkart right away. This is purely based on the cost diff and if difference was lower at say 15-20K I would not have suggested it. This is for 91.25 on ICICI card and has further 10K discount on EMI transactions. You can cancel EMI and pay right away (scroll a few pages back to @Assassins Creed's post to get a better idea) to have a net outgo of ~81.25 making OLED's a bit more affordable. They are worth the difference at least for gaming. 

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, this has helped guide me a lot. 

As for the BX model on flipkart, there is no additional discount applicable if you do no cost emi or pay the full amount. Both ways it's showing the final amount as 91,249. Don't think it's possible to do that emi trick here. And at 90k might as well push and get the C1 for slightly more is what I am leaning into. Unless you rightly said the difference is more than 20k.

8 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, this has helped guide me a lot. 

As for the BX model on flipkart, there is no additional discount applicable if you do no cost emi or pay the full amount. Both ways it's showing the final amount as 91,249. Don't think it's possible to do that emi trick here. And at 90k might as well push and get the C1 for slightly more is what I am leaning into. Unless you rightly said the difference is more than 20k.

So when you take a no cost emi, the interest portion is given to you as an upfront discount and then it is charged over the duration to you by bank + GST. Remember to take higher duration EMI for higher  discount. So you can cancel the emi conversion by calling your back within 3-4 days of transaction and at least 3-4 days before your bill is generated. Bank will tell you to pay full amount shortly which will be without interest since you are paying right away rather than 18 months. This works on HDFC, ICICI & Amex. Other banks might have charges which I am unaware of. 

Check the  screenshot for more details. This discount or closer to this should be available in next few days so get the best offer on C1. This trick is also applicable on c1 no cost emi products 

image.png

Edited by Bluebolt05

1 hour ago, silica said:

Is it possible to get a 5 year warranty for an LG Oled C1? Flipkart is showing a 3 year additional warranty (including the standard 1 year warranty)

FK warranty is through Ask Jeeves AFAIK. They're pathetic beyond comprehension. 

Get it from LG if needed. 

4 hours ago, Bluebolt05 said:

So when you take a no cost emi, the interest portion is given to you as an upfront discount and then it is charged over the duration to you by bank + GST. Remember to take higher duration EMI for higher  discount. So you can cancel the emi conversion by calling your back within 3-4 days of transaction and at least 3-4 days before your bill is generated. Bank will tell you to pay full amount shortly which will be without interest since you are paying right away rather than 18 months. This works on HDFC, ICICI & Amex. Other banks might have charges which I am unaware of. 

Check the  screenshot for more details. This discount or closer to this should be available in next few days so get the best offer on C1. This trick is also applicable on c1 no cost emi products 

image.png

Bang on, 81K using this method for a BX is a total steal with 3 years warranty..:panic:

Btw where you getting 18 Month no cost ? Is that ICICI? On Axis its maxing out to 12 month and costing about 85K, still a good deal but not sure if Axis has swift pre-closure...

image.png

Edited by Assassins Creed