The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

4k@120 doesn't work without HDMI 2.1, you need to get the cable (comes with Ps5/XsX if you have one) and make sure your source (laptop) has the same port and that you are connecting to the 2.1 port on the TV.

Dont have ps5 or XsX. No 2.1 cable and I am not sure if my laptop has 2.1 either. 

Ps:- my EMI of 68500 has been cancelled. Now what?

Edited by Bhpian Bali

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

Isn't the stand suppose to be in the box can anyone who has bought this TV recently confirm this. 

It changed since last year (BX/CX), now they only give one depending on preference.

LG Oled is always the most value for money and best all around purchase. That's why so many people in the forum have gone with LG.

8 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

@Assassins Creed help a fellow scammer out.

happy episode 17 GIF

8 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Ps:- my EMI of 68500 has been cancelled. Now what?

which bank credit card ?

Cancelled means, you called customer service and told them you want to close the loan ?

Didn’t they tell you next steps and amount to pay ? Typically these should be paid same or next day that you cancelled.

45 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

happy episode 17 GIF

which bank credit card ?

Cancelled means, you called customer service and told them you want to close the loan ?

Didn’t they tell you next steps and amount to pay ? Typically these should be paid same or next day that you cancelled.

Icici only. Yes i guess cancel the emi conversion. Yeah i have told my sister to make the payment. 

This is the msg my sis got

Dear Customer, EMI transaction of INR 68683 /- on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XXxx has been cancelled on 11-OCT-21.

Hey all! I don't own a TV right now (3 years ago the Sony TV which lasted ~10 years broke down)

I want a new TV for youtube, primevideo, hotstar, news, and ofcourse gaming with PS5/XSX + parents watching Saibaba and news. (I do have a firestick 1080p version). I don't have a budget in mind, but don't want to spend a lot as I'm going from NO TV to a 4k TV, so it's a huge leap anyways :happydance:

I found these good models online:
* 55inch "Vu 4k Ultra" - 39k
* 55inch and "Vu 4k Cinema" - 47k
* 43inch Samsung 4k Crystal - 38k

* 43inch LG 7500P - 37k

* Samsung AU9070 and samsung FRAME tv - expensive but are they worth it?

Vu looks like it has somewhat better service than other cheap brands. I'm more inclined to go for the Ultra as it's cheaper and 55inch at the price of Samsung/LG 43inch.

But I couldn't find much info about latency / input lag on Vu TV's if I use it with PS5/XSX. Any thoughts/advice on what would be your pick?

Edited by oxal

30 minutes ago, ox- said:

Hey all! I don't own a TV right now (3 years ago the Sony TV which lasted ~10 years broke down)

I want a new TV for youtube, primevideo, hotstar, news, and ofcourse gaming with PS5/XSX + parents watching Saibaba and news. (I do have a firestick 1080p version). I don't have a budget in mind, but don't want to spend a lot as I'm going from NO TV to a 4k TV, so it's a huge leap anyways :happydance:

I found these good models online:
* 55inch "Vu 4k Ultra" - 39k
* 55inch and "Vu 4k Cinema" - 47k
* 43inch Samsung 4k Crystal - 38k

* 43inch LG 7500P - 37k

* Samsung AU9070 and samsung FRAME tv - expensive but are they worth it?

Vu looks like it has somewhat better service than other cheap brands. I'm more inclined to go for the Ultra as it's cheaper and 55inch at the price of Samsung/LG 43inch.

But I couldn't find much info about latency / input lag on Vu TV's if I use it with PS5/XSX. Any thoughts/advice on what would be your pick?

LG only has 2 HDMI ports so might be inconvenient in the future. 

Regarding the crystal HD, if there is a Croma/RD near your house, go there and see in person. They usually have the offline verions of the AUE60/70 which is AU7700 and  AU8000 I think. They also have the AU9070. I personally liked the quality of the AU 9070 the most, display looked much better compared to the Chinese counterparts.

However, depends on the size you want. Many of my friends have Vu and personally liked its quality for the price it offers. 

Try bargaining the AU9070 for 41-45k. I had managed to get the price down to 41k but in the end was too late and went for Q60t instead.

Although, if you want 4k@120hz, then I think frame 55" is the lowest you can go. Not sure if any 43" tv offers 120hz. AU9070 has a HDMI 2.1 port and has 1080p gaming at 120Hz and 4k@60Hz and also has VRR. 

Vu I don't think has any of those features though. Not sure about the input lag on Vu, but from what I researched, it was very low on the AU9070 and is good for gaming.

• Like 1

Icici only. Yes i guess cancel the emi conversion. Yeah i have told my sister to make the payment. 

This is the msg my sis got

Dear Customer, EMI transaction of INR 68683 /- on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XXxx has been cancelled on 11-OCT-21.
Buddy can you lemme know what is the price of max extended warranty of QN90A. LG Offers max 2 years for 20k instead of 80k during diwali period on oleds. Lemme know how many max extended years in warranty samsung give for qn90a.

I may go for qn90a 50 inch if i face budget issues and low discounts.

Lastly will the recent coal shortage across country affect the production line in india leading to price hike?

Globally i checked a recent supply chain failure video of wion news and they show that coal shortage and electricity across china is severely impacting products availability across globe.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Buddy can you lemme know what is the price of max extended warranty of QN90A. LG Offers max 2 years for 20k instead of 80k during diwali period on oleds. Lemme know how many max extended years in warranty samsung give for qn90a.

I may go for qn90a 50 inch if i face budget issues and low discounts.

Lastly will the recent coal shortage across country affect the production line in india leading to price hike?

Globally i checked a recent supply chain failure video of wion news and they show that coal shortage and electricity across china is severely impacting products availability across globe.

This coal thingy is temporary. Samsung has an extended warranty plan for 2 yrs extra @9500. But if you buy from croma you get the TV for 82000 after all offers and 3 trs warranty. Flipkart is offering 1 yr on product and 1 yr additional on panel.

After applying all disc i got it for 74k (2k discount included against 200 flipkart plus point)  Then paid by applying no cost emi which further reduced it to 68680. I have got my emi payment cancelled from icici pocketing the discount on interest. 

If everything goes as per plan then i am looking at a price of 68680.

Edited by Bhpian Bali

This coal thingy is temporary. Samsung has an extended warranty plan for 2 yrs extra @9500. But if you buy from croma you get the TV for 82000 after all offers and 3 trs warranty. Flipkart is offering 1 yr on product and 1 yr additional on panel.

After applying all disc i got it for 74k (2k discount included against 200 flipkart plus point)  Then paid by applying no cost emi which further reduced it to 68680. I have got my emi payment cancelled from icici pocketing the discount on interest. 

If everything goes as per plan then i am looking at a price of 68680.
GG man great deal. Is it available in RD as well? Also is the 3 year croma warranty comprohensive samsung one covering mobo and internals as well as panel defects or issues that are not of our doing?

And are you sure 2yr for just 9.5k? I read qleds had more cost for extended warranty depending on panel size. Since this is a new model i asked you what are their warranty plans if it has issues.

I'm a warranty kind of guy. Buying it for washing machines has helped alot. Never need tv warranty as the old 1080p models lasted 5yr at least for me and then crapped out when all warranty was up ROFL

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

GG man great deal. Is it available in RD as well? Also is the 3 year croma warranty comprohensive samsung one covering mobo and internals as well as panel defects or issues that are not of our doing?

And are you sure 2yr for just 9.5k? I read qleds had more cost for extended warranty depending on panel size. Since this is a new model i asked you what are their warranty plans if it has issues.

I'm a warranty kind of guy. Buying it for washing machines has helped alot. Never need tv warranty as the old 1080p models lasted 5yr at least for me and then crapped out when all warranty was up ROFL

I dont think the Croma Warranty is direct from Samsung. It most probably will be from a third party agent like OnSiteGo or OneAssist etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

RD and VS dont have the 50 inch model. Either croma has or some other local store would have the 50 inch model. Or you gotta buy from Flipkart. Regarding the warranty croma guy made it sound like it is from samsung as he did not use the word extended warranty and instead said "3 saal ka warranty hai".

9500 ka figure i got from samsung website only. 

The difference between 50 and 55 inch is too much with 55 Inch price falling into Oled category. 

RD and VS dont have the 50 inch model. Either croma has or some other local store would have the 50 inch model. Or you gotta buy from Flipkart. Regarding the warranty croma guy made it sound like it is from samsung as he did not use the word extended warranty and instead said "3 saal ka warranty hai".

The difference between 50 and 55 inch is too much with 55 Inch price falling into Oled category. 
Yeah not gonna buy the 55 incher.

I made a rule for myself since the DSE issues i faced with x900h. If you gonna go 1 lakh plus then only buy oled.

15 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Yeah not gonna buy the 55 incher.

I made a rule for myself since the DSE issues i faced with x900h. If you gonna go 1 lakh plus then only buy oled.

While oled are amazing, qleds and mini led tvs are pretty close. In fact had mini led tvs launched in 2019 i would have picked that instead of oled.

22 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

LG only has 2 HDMI ports so might be inconvenient in the future. 

Regarding the crystal HD, if there is a Croma/RD near your house, go there and see in person. They usually have the offline verions of the AUE60/70 which is AU7700 and  AU8000 I think. They also have the AU9070. I personally liked the quality of the AU 9070 the most, display looked much better compared to the Chinese counterparts.

However, depends on the size you want. Many of my friends have Vu and personally liked its quality for the price it offers. 

Try bargaining the AU9070 for 41-45k. I had managed to get the price down to 41k but in the end was too late and went for Q60t instead.

Although, if you want 4k@120hz, then I think frame 55" is the lowest you can go. Not sure if any 43" tv offers 120hz. AU9070 has a HDMI 2.1 port and has 1080p gaming at 120Hz and 4k@60Hz and also has VRR. 

Vu I don't think has any of those features though. Not sure about the input lag on Vu, but from what I researched, it was very low on the AU9070 and is good for gaming.

Thank you for the detailed analysis this was really helpful. I'll try to hunt a AU9070 locally.

My viewing distance is around ~6ft and I'm pretty sure that 43 inch isn't going to be enough for me. The 50/55" of the AU9070 becomes a bit expensive but from the reviews it looks like it really does have a good panel for a non OLED ?

• Like 1

Hi i can't PM you because i still can't login via browser or PC so tapatalk is the only option. So had to quote. How is you TV crashing issue you faced ?

I may have to limit my budget so might have to go for qn90a 50 inch or lg cx 48 inch if i can get it New instead of store used.

Inqbwcommerce on flipkart has a good price on qn90a 50 but if we check seller reviews, product quality score of seller is just 3.1/5 the seller has been on for around 2 yrs and such a score makes me worry.

Can anyone urgently give tentitive offline store dushera prices of

Qn90a 50 inch
Lg cx 48 inch

31 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Hi i can't PM you because i still can't login via browser or PC so tapatalk is the only option. So had to quote. How is you TV crashing issue you faced ?

I may have to limit my budget so might have to go for qn90a 50 inch or lg cx 48 inch if i can get it New instead of store used.

Inqbwcommerce on flipkart has a good price on qn90a 50 but if we check seller reviews, product quality score of seller is just 3.1/5 the seller has been on for around 2 yrs and such a score makes me worry.

Can anyone urgently give tentitive offline store dushera prices of

Qn90a 50 inch
Lg cx 48 inch

I didn't face any crash issue ?

Bro even i have bought from the same seller. 

I didn't face any crash issue [emoji848]

Bro even i have bought from the same seller. 
I didn't buy it yet. I read your older post yesterday that you had some issue with qn90a. I can't remember what it was. I guess it was some software update trouble idk I'll have to look for the older post

32 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I didn't buy it yet. I read your older post yesterday that you had some issue with qn90a. I can't remember what it was. I guess it was some software update trouble idk I'll have to look for the older post

No bro. I had zero trouble with this tv so far. The only issue i had was about the authenticity of the seller just like you are asking now. But i went ahead anyway since the same seller has listed a lot of popular models on flipkart.