The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

No bro. I had zero trouble with this tv so far. The only issue i had was about the authenticity of the seller just like you are asking now. But i went ahead anyway since the same seller has listed a lot of popular models on flipkart. 
Cool great to hear cheers [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

So I bought the C1 55 finally for a price of 1.20 with cashback, not sure if this is a good price or not since I was aiming for 1.20 without cashback so I can get more on top.

But guess i will take it. The discounts on it are not really that great this year.

A question though, I was told I will get 10k cashback after 90 days. Does that mean i have to wait 90 days for that cashback to come before I can do that EMI cancellation trick? Will I not get that cashback if I cancel the EMI right away?

This is an HDFC card.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

No bro. I had zero trouble with this tv so far. The only issue i had was about the authenticity of the seller just like you are asking now. But i went ahead anyway since the same seller has listed a lot of popular models on flipkart. 
So i was trying to put the qn90a in cart but only basic offers applied and after that i assume i will get the rs.2000 super coun offer. So which other offers were you able to apply. Now they only have kotak and axis bank cards.

So I bought the C1 55 finally for a price of 1.20 with cashback, not sure if this is a good price or not since I was aiming for 1.20 without cashback so I can get more on top.

But guess i will take it. The discounts on it are not really that great this year.

A question though, I was told I will get 10k cashback after 90 days. Does that mean i have to wait 90 days for that cashback to come before I can do that EMI cancellation trick? Will I not get that cashback if I cancel the EMI right away?

This is an HDFC card.

1.20L is better than best deals most CX owners got last year. The rarer cases of 1.15L and below may exist for extremely lucky people.

If you are in mumbai where did you buy it from?

My local LG 3rd party store quoted C1 55 for 1.37L which is absurd since many are getting it for 1.25L at this period.

30 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

1.20L is better than best deals most CX owners got last year. The rarer cases of 1.15L and below may exist for extremely lucky people.

My local LG 3rd party store quoted C1 55 for 1.37L which is absurd since many are getting it for 1.25L at this period.

LG stores will not have the best prices. Try Reliance Digital or Vijay Sales if there is one nearby. Vijay Sales has been the most competitive when it comes to my area - Delhi. CX are still available in some stores and a 48 inch CX should be 82-85 k after cashback and discounts if you bargain hard enough they might even give you 5 year warranty over and above the 3 years and some free goodies. To make sure it's not a display unit - just check the display unit in that store and note down the serial number also insist for the delivery in front of you at the store you can just load it in the back of the car and take it with you. 

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

So i was trying to put the qn90a in cart but only basic offers applied and after that i assume i will get the rs.2000 super coun offer. So which other offers were you able to apply. Now they only have kotak and axis bank cards.

Super coin offer is on the main page. You gotta burn 200 plus coins. Why are you trying to buy today when a new sale is starting at midnight?

Super coin offer is on the main page. You gotta burn 200 plus coins. Why are you trying to buy today when a new sale is starting at midnight?
I was just checking. I have no idea when sales are starting thanks for the info. Also i think i have those supercoin ready to use.

I wish I'd just be able to get the tv i want from first party amazon like cloudtail india so that i get 30 days return period. With flipkart you just have 7 days return. Even in offline stores it's 30 days. Which i really had to use with my old DSE Prone x900h.

Ah really? Well i guess its a good enough price in that case. And i suck at bargaining so I think this would have been the best i would have been able to do.

Yes u am in Mumbai, I bought this from Kohinoor and this was like the 6th shop i visited after Chroma, VS, Reliance, LG Brand Store etc. All other folks are playing in the range of 1.3 to 1.4 L. Though one thing to note LG store was giving 5 year warranty instead of the normal 3.

I was really disappointed with Vijay Sales this year, usually they are the cheapest bar none offline store. But they were very firm on their 1.35 price after cashback.

Finally got my Q60T delivered, insane jump from 1080p.

What are the best TV settings? Currently find dynamic much better, however I'm getting soap opera effect while watching IPL on the inbuilt hotstar app, I guess will it'll be there even when watching EPL on hotstar. What settings are there to disable it? Tried to put LED Motion on/off but no effect, same with judder reduction.

Ah really? Well i guess its a good enough price in that case. And i suck at bargaining so I think this would have been the best i would have been able to do.

Yes u am in Mumbai, I bought this from Kohinoor and this was like the 6th shop i visited after Chroma, VS, Reliance, LG Brand Store etc. All other folks are playing in the range of 1.3 to 1.4 L. Though one thing to note LG store was giving 5 year warranty instead of the normal 3.

I was really disappointed with Vijay Sales this year, usually they are the cheapest bar none offline store. But they were very firm on their 1.35 price after cashback.

Wow kohinoor is a good shop ? I hardly hear their name.

Are you near dahisar to goregaon area? If so lemme know the kohinoor shop. And the LG shop. If i get 5 years comprohensive LG warranty around 1.3L then that is a steller deal. I am suprised there is a LG shoppe in mumbai. Those never pop up at least on western line.

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Are you near dahisar to goregaon area? If so lemme know the kohinoor shop. And the LG shop. If i get 5 years comprohensive LG warranty around 1.3L then that is a steller deal. I am suprised there is a LG shoppe in mumbai. Those never pop up at least on western line.

Kohinoor is good, usually buy most of my electronics from there only. It has an outlet in Lokhandwala and Santacruz on SV Road. I think might have more but not sure of other outlets. Its a proper electronics chain like Croma, etc.

Edit: Would just like to add they've been good to me atleast so far with whatever I've bought :P. Hope others also have the same experience. Many times ends up giving the lowest price and hence buy from there usually.

Edited by Lazyboy8134

What are the best TV settings? Currently find dynamic much better, however I'm getting soap opera effect while watching IPL on the inbuilt hotstar app, I guess will it'll be there even when watching EPL on hotstar. What settings are there to disable it? Tried to put LED Motion on/off but no effect, same with judder reduction.

Try this. If it is not for your model then try on reddit as well. There should be a QLED sub like there is a OLED one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Use rtings,com as base for ideal settings

On 10/4/2021 at 12:42 PM, VelivolusDas said:

@Bird Bird Bird: I have made sure there is a 'Screen Off' toggle in the quick settings of the CX. Everytime I know I will pause a game or will be on a static screen on HDMI for a while, I use that option. Barely takes a few seconds. Minor 'one more step', but invaluable peace of mind.

Which buttons do you press exactly to do this? I have an older OLED and need to go to all settings -> energy saving -> screen off 

They are decent, they used to be super big but I don't think they are as big anymore. I am on the central side so I went to the Chembur store.

I think the 5 year warranty is given only by LG store if I am correct. Though i could be wrong on this.

Kohinoor is good, usually buy most of my electronics from there only. It has an outlet in Lokhandwala and Santacruz on SV Road. I think might have more but not sure of other outlets. Its a proper electronics chain like Croma, etc.

Edit: Would just like to add they've been good to me atleast so far with whatever I've bought :P. Hope others also have the same experience. Many times ends up giving the lowest price and hence buy from there usually.

Yup they used to be quite good, not sure right now how they are but keeping my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

They about to get some more business 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Which buttons do you press exactly to do this? I have an older OLED and need to go to all settings -> energy saving -> screen off 

You can just use remote voice control and say "Turn off the screen" 

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:08 AM, ox- said:

Thank you for the detailed analysis this was really helpful. I'll try to hunt a AU9070 locally.

My viewing distance is around ~6ft and I'm pretty sure that 43 inch isn't going to be enough for me. The 50/55" of the AU9070 becomes a bit expensive but from the reviews it looks like it really does have a good panel for a non OLED ?

No worries! There's an Indian youtuber who has made tons of videos on the AU9070 as well, have a look at those! I had seen all of them and saw it in person and liked the TV :P. How much does the 50/55" cost?

Also have a look at the Hisense U6G. Has pretty good reviews on rtings and comes around 60k for 55" I think.

15 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Try this. If it is not for your model then try on reddit as well. There should be a QLED sub like there is a OLED one.

Will try this, thanks a lot!

14 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Use rtings,com as base for ideal settings

Tried their settings as well but the screen looked a slight dull compared to the dynamic mode, but will try to mess around the settings more! Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

No worries! There's an Indian youtuber who has made tons of videos on the AU9070 as well, have a look at those! I had seen all of them and saw it in person and liked the TV :P. How much does the 50/55" cost?

55" is around 70k at Vijay Sales, seems quite expensive for a decent non-oled VA panel

Congrats on the new tv! How much did you purchase the Q60T for? And if you don't mind, I'm interested to know how you reached at finalizing this model :cheers:

Never heard of Kohinoor in Santacruz before I'll keep them in mind! But I usually tend to just prefer Vijay sales as I trust them.

Edited by ox-

Kohinoor C1 buyers please post asap when you get your tv delivered and set up. Lemme know how the delivery & installation guys are. When i got x900h last year vijay sales delivered it and sony guys came later for install. The delivery though not bad wasn't good either.

I hear there are oled installation horror cases where people installing it are sometimes noobs sent by Lg 3rd party partners.

If i want LG staff to come and install do i need to target a particular shop?

Yes i feel paranoid a bit. But if it was G1 i wouldn't be worried. C1 idk why is so thin. It's not even a gallary model C-series should bulk up a bit so that it can handle indian household during diwali cleaning [emoji1787]. These things are made for 1st world countries.