The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

7 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Yes i feel paranoid

This is understandable. Vijay sales has had my back multiple times so I'm usually willing to pay them a bit extra for the peace of mind.

10 minutes ago, ox- said:

55" is around 70k at Vijay Sales, seems quite expensive for a decent non-oled VA panel

Congrats on the new tv! How much did you purchase the Q60T for? And if you don't mind, I'm interested to know how you reached at finalizing this model :cheers:

Never heard of Kohinoor in Santacruz before I'll keep them in mind! But I usually tend to just prefer Vijay sales as I trust them.

70k for the AU does seem expensive. Have a look at the Hisense one

22 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Kohinoor C1 buyers please post asap when you get your tv delivered and set up. Lemme know how the delivery & installation guys are. When i got x900h last year vijay sales delivered it and sony guys came later for install. The delivery though not bad wasn't good either.

I hear there are oled installation horror cases where people installing it are sometimes noobs sent by Lg 3rd party partners.

If i want LG staff to come and install do i need to target a particular shop?

Yes i feel paranoid a bit. But if it was G1 i wouldn't be worried. C1 idk why is so thin. It's not even a gallary model C-series should bulk up a bit so that it can handle indian household during diwali cleaning emoji1787.png. These things are made for 1st world countries.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Bought LG from Vijay Sales and the installation guys were from LG. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Kohinoor C1 buyers please post asap when you get your tv delivered and set up. Lemme know how the delivery & installation guys are. When i got x900h last year vijay sales delivered it and sony guys came later for install. The delivery though not bad wasn't good either.

I hear there are oled installation horror cases where people installing it are sometimes noobs sent by Lg 3rd party partners.

If i want LG staff to come and install do i need to target a particular shop?

Yes i feel paranoid a bit. But if it was G1 i wouldn't be worried. C1 idk why is so thin. It's not even a gallary model C-series should bulk up a bit so that it can handle indian household during diwali cleaning emoji1787.png. These things are made for 1st world countries.

You are not buying neo qled?

Also Kohinoor Baner, Pune is my go to appliance place. I once bought a washing machine from them which got damaged as it had to be carried from ground to 7th floor  (the society had a stupid rule of not transporting appliance in lift while allowing lpg cylinder of same weight)

The unit was replaced with no questions asked. 

I gifted a refrigerator to my parents and the model of the fridge got mixed up (same model but different variant). The issue was resolved in 2 to 3 calls. They tried to convince me to keep the fridge but I had a very specific requirement to not accept it and was replaced amicably. 

I get the best rates from them but the team at my nearby store has changed so no longer know who I am but they can give the most awesome and unbelievable rates some times. 

• Like 1

Also Kohinoor Baner, Pune is my go to appliance place. I once bought a washing machine from them which got damaged as it had to be carried from ground to 7th floor  (the society had a stupid rule of not transporting appliance in lift while allowing lpg cylinder of same weight)

I gifted a refrigerator to my parents and the model of the fridge got mixed up (same model but different variant). The issue was resolved in 2 to 3 calls. They tried to convince me to keep the fridge but I had a very specific requirement to not accept it and was replaced amicably. 

I get the best rates from them but the team at my nearby store has changed so no longer know who I am but they can give the most awesome and unbelievable rates some times. 
I am genuinely pleased to hear so many good stories from fellow members about Kohinoor. I thought they were almost dead in terms of presence and I kind of took a slight risk buying from them but really glad to hear all the positive stories.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Depend on the price I'm getting. Oled is tempting me. But shifting might happen idk. So oled might get replaced by a sturdied 50QN90A if i can find it in store. Online there is only iwqnbecommerce seller on FK and tata cliq of which I'm not really getting a good discount.

Lets see both options are good.

OLED is not particularly fragile. I've shifted my oled twice. Once in the same city and once inter city and it's just fine. The packers and movers weren't particularly careful with it either beyond packing it with plenty of bubble wrap and Styrofoam. 
I'm more concerned about the burn in, lack of codec support, low brightness and high reflectiveness. 
Lol we have different concern. Burn in is not much of a worry. I'm using note 10+ for 2+ yrs without any burn in. Mqny users here never faced any burn in. Unless you watch stock market or dth tv for 8-9 hours a day it seems that risk is minimal. Codec support is a bit of a worry. But i had a X900H last year with all codecs supported sadly the DSE was too bad.

Btw let's say during cleaning or just randomly your arm hits the TV in a punch motion will that break the OLED screen like a cracker would at the part? With LCDs that is a less worry that accidental hits won't damage the display at all.

The 48 and 55 inch oleds are huge so I'm afraid accidentally hitting it once in a blue moon. Not just myself there is only so much caution people at home can take. Though this year LG C1 is like a temptress. Hard to ignore it.

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

I am genuinely pleased to hear so many good stories from fellow members about Kohinoor. I thought they were almost dead in terms of presence and I kind of took a slight risk buying from them but really glad to hear all the positive stories.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

I negotiate really hard but i go soft on them sometimes and buy without negotiating as I want such stores to survive. I alone have purchased worth 3 to 4 lacs from them. That's a lot in terms of repeat business.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:22 PM, i_rock098 said:

So I bought the C1 55 finally for a price of 1.20 with cashback

Hey, congrats on the new screen. That’s a sweet price.
Would you mind too much checking with the same guys about a 65” C1 and G1, and what price they would offer for each? I’m getting some ridiculous quotes here in delhi. 

Edited by achilles

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Btw let's say during cleaning or just randomly your arm hits the TV in a punch motion will that break the OLED screen like a cracker would at the part? With LCDs that is a less worry that accidental hits won't damage the display at all.

I nominate peasant C9 user @quixote_1989 to try this on his OLED and come back to you with feedback.. 

• Haha 1

Wallmount would be good option 
I have nystagmus (poor eye vision) so i need to get as close to TV as possible [emoji24] if i wall mount it then it would be pushed that much back. And anyway wall falls a bit short of housing it.

If you have poor eye vision then why are you in this thread , just take one and sit back 
That has nothing to be in this thread. I've been gaming since i was very little. Now it's part of my DNA. Poor vision or not.