The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

22 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Btw let's say during cleaning or just randomly your arm hits the TV in a punch motion will that break the OLED screen like a cracker would at the part? With LCDs that is a less worry that accidental hits won't damage the display at all.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I have never heard of tv breaking like this… is this a real thing ? 

I'm getting discount on jbl sb140 2.1 of 2k so final price 12k is it worth it? At kohinoor final price for C1 1.32L no cashback as i don't have the desired bank card. So they are giving 2k discount on speakers. Are these speakers worth it?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

On 10/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, Lazyboy8134 said:

70k for the AU does seem expensive. Have a look at the Hisense one

Thanks LazyBoy really appreciate all the help. I didn't want to over think this so just ordered the VU Ultra 4k TV 55" at 36k from Amazon. 1 year base warranty + 1 year extended warranty by Acko.

It's been 3 years without a TV now, so hope my parents are happy with this! It's going to be a huge upgrade from their mobile phone screens :dance:

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:53 PM, 0verlord said:

Which buttons do you press exactly to do this? I have an older OLED and need to go to all settings -> energy saving -> screen off 

Sorry for the late reply. Was away for the weekend.

When I press the Settings button on the remote, it opens up the Quick Settings side-bar. The choice of icons there are customisable. So, I've added the screen off toggle there.

So it's finally here. Installed and ready to go. PQ is absolutely insane, it being a working day I haven't played around with the settings yet but even in default it looks quite good. 40ef7c0430d1de87338634a9f8008c32.jpg22d755f01d5049feb6205aed03676fd6.jpg

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So it's finally here. Installed and ready to go. PQ is absolutely insane, it being a working day I haven't played around with the settings yet but even in default it looks quite good. 40ef7c0430d1de87338634a9f8008c32.jpg22d755f01d5049feb6205aed03676fd6.jpg

Everyone ends up playing this video on YouTube when they get a new tv. The installation guy said - "Bhaiya, yeh takle ko baar baar goli martey dekh thak gaya hoon."  

• Haha 1

Everyone ends up playing this video on YouTube when they get a new tv. The installation guy said - "Bhaiya, yeh takle ko baar baar goli martey dekh thak gaya hoon."  
I wanted to test the Dolby Vision feature of the TV. I searched dolby vision and this came up. I then realised this is HDR and not dolby vision as YouTube does not support DV.

I tried a F9 DV rip and that did it trigger DV either. I downloaded a DV demo video and that triggered the DV logo. Finding DV rips of movies is very difficult.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

which TV is this man , haven’t been following the thread

30 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I wanted to test the Dolby Vision feature of the TV. I searched dolby vision and this came up. I then realised this is HDR and not dolby vision as YouTube does not support DV.

I tried a F9 DV rip and that did it trigger DV either. I downloaded a DV demo video and that triggered the DV logo. Finding DV rips of movies is very difficult.

Go to the LG app store and download the Dolby app I don't remeber the name. If has some amazing videos and you'll be blown away watching them on the C1. 

9 hours ago, ox- said:

Thanks LazyBoy really appreciate all the help. I didn't want to over think this so just ordered the VU Ultra 4k TV 55" at 36k from Amazon. 1 year base warranty + 1 year extended warranty by Acko.

It's been 3 years without a TV now, so hope my parents are happy with this! It's going to be a huge upgrade from their mobile phone screens :dance:

Woah enjoy! The upgrade will be amazing! I've personally liked all the Vu TVs I've seen so far, bright and good display. When is it coming?

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

which TV is this man , haven’t been following the thread