The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Qn90 lele :naughty:

This totally. Or i was quoted 89k on dushera for 48 inch C1 which i feel will go down to 86k on diwali. So wait up for a great deal. As bird said you get great deals near diwali.

I feel C1 and QN90A are best TVs out there but you will have to be real. Either you risk burn in which you jave control over or you risk Dirty screen effect which depends on your relationship with lady luck.

From my experience with X900H which had horrible DSE and vertical bars. I'll say this once you see DSE it's game over. You can't look at the TV like your bae. It's just a tainted hoe you have to bear with till you get a new TV.

Don't take DSE lightly if you watch sports or any panning, fast moving content or content with lots of sky like mildly colored content then you gonna see the DSE each time. If you can't replace the TV then be prepared to destroy your sleep.

Forget soap opera effect, burn in (i had that mildly on my sony 32 inch w700c lcd/led after 5 yrs), the two things that suck on LCD which i noticed on x900h were DSE and for second i forgot the proper term but when i was playing NFS Heat on the x900h last year, there were 2,3 instances when graphical intense content was on screen like rain with sun effects during a race as i was connected online. The TV couldn't handle the load and the car started to move along with like 20 frames of the same car movements attached to it's arse. I was so pissed by this that I'm not gonna recommend sony LCDs unless they can get their act together.

Samsung jas some clear motion magic so you are safe i think.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Qn90 lele :naughty:

Trying for mostly that or Samsung frame 2020 55 inch  :D....that's like 72 on fk....but will see how much  neo qled is during sale 

7 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

With your budget you have a couple of options.

If you don't care about 4K120 gaming, you should look into Hisense U6G. Its one of the best budget TV currently.

There is also TCL C825 Mini LED. Haven't seen this in person but have heard good things about it.

There is also Samsung Frame. It ain't the best but its pretty good.

OLED TV ain't perfect. Burn-in is an issue but it ain't as bad as people make it to be. Don't watch content with static images for long durations. If you properly take care of it. It'll be fine. Very few options for TVs in Indian market. If Hisense would have launched their U7G or U8G i would have gone of either of those than an OLED. My 2009 Samsung LCD also has some burn issues so yeah it is possible on regular LCD.

Also, i doubt TVs will last that long anymore. Regardless of it being an OLED or LCD. 

Ya will look into these ....as I said I was considering those frame TV's or neo qled.....but I'll check the ones u mentioned as well......I wanted u8g.....but ya I saw that it wasn't released here

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

This totally. Or i was quoted 89k on dushera for 48 inch C1 which i feel will go down to 86k on diwali. So wait up for a great deal. As bird said you get great deals near diwali.

I feel C1 and QN90A are best TVs out there but you will have to be real. Either you risk burn in which you jave control over or you risk Dirty screen effect which depends on your relationship with lady luck.

From my experience with X900H which had horrible DSE and vertical bars. I'll say this once you see DSE it's game over. You can't look at the TV like your bae. It's just a tainted hoe you have to bear with till you get a new TV.

Don't take DSE lightly if you watch sports or any panning, fast moving content or content with lots of sky like mildly colored content then you gonna see the DSE each time. If you can't replace the TV then be prepared to destroy your sleep.

Forget soap opera effect, burn in (i had that mildly on my sony 32 inch w700c lcd/led after 5 yrs), the two things that suck on LCD which i noticed on x900h were DSE and for second i forgot the proper term but when i was playing NFS Heat on the x900h last year, there were 2,3 instances when graphical intense content was on screen like rain with sun effects during a race as i was connected online. The TV couldn't handle the load and the car started to move along with like 20 frames of the same car movements attached to it's arse. I was so pissed by this that I'm not gonna recommend sony LCDs unless they can get their act together.

Samsung jas some clear motion magic so you are safe i think.

Yikes this sounds scary :panic:

But ya ....ill have a look at the oled ones too tomorrow

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

Hisense is a pro at knowing where to get our public to spend big

They did not launch U8G here but are releasing 75 inch U80G for 5 lacs ROFL. Their sales teams are pros at capturing them $$$.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, swift said:

Which is better Frame 2021 or X90j? X90j is costlier but it’s just Full ArrayDisplay and the other is QLED.

X90J is too overpriced for what it provides. Go for the frame.

Guys I'm looking for a stopgap 4k tv as we will be renovating in the next year or two. So don't want to spend much.

so no OLED 120 fps etc. Just 4k/60 with decent PQ and 3-4 HDMI slots

Saw c1, cx and bx ....wow just amazing

Qn90a looks amazing as well

But one question ....Frame 2020/2021 or qn90a .....which is better amongst these 2

Though I've seen only qn90a ....it seemed the clear winner to me
QN90A

even if the prices were same it will be wise to go for QLED right?
QN90A

The lesser the better [emoji14]
The frame 2021 if you can risk the one connect box else. AU9070 55 Inch, Q60A. QN90A 50 inch if you get a good deal. Q80T 49 inch if you can find a sealed unit.

Basically budget LG and sony TVs are crap. So no X80J and no nanocells.

• Like 2

Btw. While watching shows on netflix and prime even for 4khdr ones i notice a lot of screen tearing and trailing when any character is doing some rapid movement. Like the rest of the scene is alright but like somebody does a rapid hand movement only that hand would feel like it is trailing or tearing on the screen. This is due to streaming or there must be some setting?

5 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

if you can risk the one connect box

One of the best things about Samsung TVs. Highly underrated. 
Totally worth the extra premium for the convenience it offers. 

I almost used sprain my neck trying to juggle with hdmi ports on my old tv that’s wall mounted. 

• Like 1

Btw. While watching shows on netflix and prime even for 4khdr ones i notice a lot of screen tearing and trailing when any character is doing some rapid movement. Like the rest of the scene is alright but like somebody does a rapid hand movement only that hand would feel like it is trailing or tearing on the screen. This is due to streaming or there must be some setting?

Try Rtings. I think there is samsung clear motion or something right which provides smoother experience than VRR. Try enabling it to see if your issues go away.

• Like 1