The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

59 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Btw. While watching shows on netflix and prime even for 4khdr ones i notice a lot of screen tearing and trailing when any character is doing some rapid movement. Like the rest of the scene is alright but like somebody does a rapid hand movement only that hand would feel like it is trailing or tearing on the screen. This is due to streaming or there must be some setting?

In settings, search for picture clarity settings. Select custom and then under that, set the judder reduction to max, LED clear motion off and I think even noise reduction off.

This helped me alot in reducing that tearing effect while watching sports and has improved the quality alot overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

In settings, search for picture clarity settings. Select custom and then under that, set the judder reduction to max, LED clear motion off and I think even noise reduction off.

This helped me alot in reducing that tearing effect while watching sports and has improved the quality alot overall.

Picture quality settings were off. Led clear motion was off and noise reduction was off as well. I put judder to 10 from 0 and turned on clarity and noise reduction on auto.

6 hours ago, Vamos said:

One of the best things about Samsung TVs. Highly underrated. 
Totally worth the extra premium for the convenience it offers. 

I almost used sprain my neck trying to juggle with hdmi ports on my old tv that’s wall mounted. 

I hope that thin wire is sturdy enough.

One of the best things about Samsung TVs. Highly underrated. 
Totally worth the extra premium for the convenience it offers. 

I almost used sprain my neck trying to juggle with hdmi ports on my old tv that’s wall mounted. 
I hope that thin wire is sturdy enough.
Not sure who created this hoopla of thin wire being fragile. Yes it is thin but its not like you are gonna need it to hang the one connect box itself lol

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Not sure who created this hoopla of thin wire being fragile. Yes it is thin but its not like you are gonna need it to hang the one connect box itself lol

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Exactly. Unnecessary hue and cry and overthinking

Lots of negative PR about the One Connect and the cable by reviewers. 

They solved one of the big  annoyances of TV connectivity, I feel it never got enough credit.
Maybe they need to advertise it better. 

But Samsung is now slowly discontinuing One Connect, which is sad. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

Well, I read review by a customer who mentioned even the installation guy was afraid that he will tear the thing and asked the customer to be careful about that. And read a few comments how a few people suggest taping the whole thing to keep it out of the harms way.

9 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Does Samsung now charge for One Connect cable??? 

Replacement. If it snaps. And IIRC, it's an optical cable, so you gotta be careful. As long as no one touches it post installation, you're fine. 

As much as it is a great idea, the cable and box add another layer of failure in the system. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

Guys looking into buying the C1 48 inch for my master bedroom what do you think is a good price for it? It's going for 1.05L on flipkart right now. Croma at max was willing to go for 1.05-1.1 for that model with card discounts.

You should be able to get it for around 90-95k after cashback/discounts. Never buy an OLED online if you are looking for a good deal - visit your local Croma/RD/Vijay Sales etc. Also, if the C1 is meant for movies etc. then viewing distance should not be more than 4-5 feet. If it is more then go for a 55 inch model. I have a 48inch CX which I got for 85k after cashback/discounts and also got some goodies. My use case is just for videocalls/work and gaming on the PS5 - the viewing distance is only 3-4 feet so it is perfect. But I do prefer movies etc on my other 55inch TV over this. 

21 minutes ago, SuperT said:

You should be able to get it for around 90-95k after cashback/discounts. Never buy an OLED online if you are looking for a good deal - visit your local Croma/RD/Vijay Sales etc. Also, if the C1 is meant for movies etc. then viewing distance should not be more than 4-5 feet. If it is more then go for a 55 inch model. I have a 48inch CX which I got for 85k after cashback/discounts and also got some goodies. My use case is just for videocalls/work and gaming on the PS5 - the viewing distance is only 3-4 feet so it is perfect. But I do prefer movies etc on my other 55inch TV over this. 

Thanks viewing distance is about 6 feet. Don't have more space for a bigger TV. Will try to adjust the viewing distance when watching something with Dolby vision but for everyday viewing I think 6 feet should be fine I hope. Will have to go out there and haggle for the 90k price it seems.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

Picture quality settings were off. Led clear motion was off and noise reduction was off as well. I put judder to 10 from 0 and turned on clarity and noise reduction on auto.

Did it help though?

Yesterday I tried watching the Ind vs Pak game on hotstar and could still see the triple ball effect and was kind of choppy. However, watching footy on Sonyliv seemed fine. Not sure if its the issue with the app or what

32 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Did it help though?

Yesterday I tried watching the Ind vs Pak game on hotstar and could still see the triple ball effect and was kind of choppy. However, watching footy on Sonyliv seemed fine. Not sure if its the issue with the app or what

Which TV is this? I was watching the same Match on Hotstar on my Samsung Frame 2021, it was fine. I think i was watching on Filmmaker Mode , not sure though, will have to double check. 

1 hour ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Which TV is this? I was watching the same Match on Hotstar on my Samsung Frame 2021, it was fine. I think i was watching on Filmmaker Mode , not sure though, will have to double check. 

I was watching on the Q60T. Any other settings which you enabled/disabled?

9 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Guys looking into buying the C1 48 inch for my master bedroom what do you think is a good price for it? It's going for 1.05L on flipkart right now. Croma at max was willing to go for 1.05-1.1 for that model with card discounts.

Poor discount, with discounts i was quoted 89k, but upon seeing it i felt like going for 55 as the TV is so sleek you sometimes are left feeling is it smaller than it should be, totally good though for space.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Replacement. If it snaps. And IIRC, it's an optical cable, so you gotta be careful. As long as no one touches it post installation, you're fine. 

As much as it is a great idea, the cable and box add another layer of failure in the system. 

i bought a Samsung QLED (49 inch, Curved) along with the One X when it released. Did not have to worry about the One Connect box or the cable till now. Like someone mentioned, it’s a huge comfort than trying to search for the ports behind the TV.