The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

10 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

I was watching on the Q60T. Any other settings which you enabled/disabled?

Besides Brightness ,Sharpness and color , i dont fiddle around with any of the motion related settings. 

I think Filmmaker Mode is the best option.  If you.re still getting the blurred effect,  i would suggest resetting all your picture settings and trying It again. Coz I've watched a lot of sports , including Tennis , Football , havent noticed any motion blurring which is usually quite noticeable in Tennis especially. 

On 10/24/2021 at 11:29 PM, Aercy said:

Well, I read review by a customer who mentioned even the installation guy was afraid that he will tear the thing and asked the customer to be careful about that. And read a few comments how a few people suggest taping the whole thing to keep it out of the harms way.

I moved my TV between my bedroom and living room three times in the last one year. 

The cable is not fragile as people claim. It’s made of teflon. It can bend at 90 deg angle (in fact needs to be bent to install in the groove on TV). 

I agree the cable is expensive to replace, but so is OLED when it retains image. :fear1:

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 8:33 AM, arjun_sasuke said:

Besides Brightness ,Sharpness and color , i dont fiddle around with any of the motion related settings. 

I think Filmmaker Mode is the best option.  If you.re still getting the blurred effect,  i would suggest resetting all your picture settings and trying It again. Coz I've watched a lot of sports , including Tennis , Football , havent noticed any motion blurring which is usually quite noticeable in Tennis especially. 

I found the best picture settings on the Movie mode so far. I tried to shift to filmmaker mode yesterday while watching footy and the ball was still slightly choppy.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:45 AM, Vamos said:

I moved my TV between my bedroom and living room three times in the last one year. 

Do you get bored of your home setup or what? ?

On 10/26/2021 at 8:18 AM, R a g h u said:

Like someone mentioned, it’s a huge comfort than trying to search for the ports behind the TV.

How often do you need to access your access the ports? Also most ports are in the side of back panel, right?

On 10/25/2021 at 7:34 PM, Lazyboy8134 said:

Did it help though?

Yesterday I tried watching the Ind vs Pak game on hotstar and could still see the triple ball effect and was kind of choppy. However, watching footy on Sonyliv seemed fine. Not sure if its the issue with the app or what

Dont think so. I switched off the match as I was watching a match after really long time and I suddenly got West Indies world cup flashbacks but i could still notice the ball trailing a bit. 

Although i do not notice the trailing  effect while watching any series anymore or I have become indifferent.

28 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Planning to wall mount my C9. Any recommendations for the wall mount? Or should I just ask the LG guy to bring one? Also, if the LG guys delay, does it make sense to use Urban Company?

Get the LG guys. They're thorough professionals for this. They'll ensure its mounted perfectly straight, at an angle fit for your room. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:54 PM, Snake said:

Guys I'm looking for a stopgap 4k tv as we will be renovating in the next year or two. So don't want to spend much.

so no OLED 120 fps etc. Just 4k/60 with decent PQ and 3-4 HDMI slots

I bought a 4k VU Ultra 55", I'm really liking it. It's cheap, it's 4k, and it does the job. The colors are also quite good. To be honest for 36k I think it's amazing. I prefer it over my m1 macbook air screen ? - that's the only comparison I got, I never really went to local stores so never seen another TV in years (so take my recommendation with a grain of salt ?).

Haven't gamed on it yet so don't know about gaming performance, waiting for the PS5 to arrive :)

Edited by ox-
  • Like 2

I bought a 4k VU Ultra 55", I'm really liking it. It's cheap, it's 4k, and it does the job. The colors are also quite good. To be honest for 36k I think it's amazing. I prefer it over my m1 macbook air screen [emoji85] - that's the only comparison I got, I never really went to local stores so never seen another TV in years (so take my recommendation with a grain of salt [emoji85]).

Haven't gamed on it yet so don't know about gaming performance, waiting for the PS5 to arrive [emoji4]
It's a hisense panel inside. At budget range there is literally nothing that beats Hisense. They are the budget king.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

It's a hisense panel inside. At budget range there is literally nothing that beats Hisense. They are the budget king.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

Oh I see! This panel shows "pure black" insanely good, I think it could definitely trick me into thinking it's off.

But there is a decent amount of bleeding on gray colors, eg. the Android/Youtube/Prime app backgrounds look like sh*t. Not sure how that works.

3 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Snagged the 48inch C1 for 93.5k from Croma. Any suggestions for taking care of it and to prevent burn in?

Congrats, that's the dream TV :)

Would love to hear which other TV's were you considering and why did you settle on the 48-C1? Also what did Croma quote you for 55" C1 and 55" CX?

Edited by ox-

2 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Snagged the 48inch C1 for 93.5k from Croma. Any suggestions for taking care of it and to prevent burn in?

Tempted to get it too…but it’s so bloody thin….looks too fragile …..and that burn in bc …that’s another major factor

Id like to watch content without having to worry about burn in ….why should I worried about watching or playing content that has constant static logos at set places all the time 

[mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] Hey, how is your C1 doing? Were you able to get game settings for it?
No actually i didn't get the time to get game settings for it yet i am just having fun experimenting settings to my liking. Just don't change anything in RGB colour values.

I found a AVForum video here

This year filmmaker mode has the beat accuracy. So i keep it at that for tele, youtube and songle player gaming. Though i don't like warm 50 colour temperature so i reduce it to warm 30 or so. Though for star wars jedi fallen order i found warm 22 better.

For competitive multiplayer gaming i use game optimizer mode. For SP games i also keep smooth gradation to high. And for MP low or off. Other settings don't change it much.

If you have a list of gaming settings taken off reddit in form of a formatted list post here. I'll edit my settings in it and see it you like em.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk