The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 11/3/2021 at 12:11 AM, ox- said:

Congrats, that's the dream TV :)

Would love to hear which other TV's were you considering and why did you settle on the 48-C1? Also what did Croma quote you for 55" C1 and 55" CX?

Don't have space for a bigger tv and they didn't have the cx models at my croma atleast. Was also looking at the 50inch Samsung Neo qled. They were charging 79 for that though I didn't haggle with them.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:15 AM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Tempted to get it too…but it’s so bloody thin….looks too fragile …..and that burn in bc …that’s another major factor

Id like to watch content without having to worry about burn in ….why should I worried about watching or playing content that has constant static logos at set places all the time 

Burn in is an issue. But hopefully since I will not be using it with dth it should be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Don't have space for a bigger tv and they didn't have the cx models at my croma atleast. Was also looking at the 50inch Samsung Neo qled. They were charging 79 for that though I didn't haggle with them.

Burn in is an issue. But hopefully since I will not be using it with dth it should be fine.

How's the visuals in a bright room? According to YouTube videos it looks like it's suited for dark rooms and it looked darker too when compared to the visuals of QN90A

I always play in a brightly lit room ...so still pondering about this tv

Plus I've heard 42 inch oled will be announced in CES 2022 in Jan ..if so....will mostly go for that 

How's the visuals in a bright room? According to YouTube videos it looks like it's suited for dark rooms and it looked darker too when compared to the visuals of QN90A

Plus I've heard 42 inch oled will be announced in CES 2022 in Jan ..if so....will mostly go for that 
How bright is your room go to showrooms where you can see qn90a and C1 are close to each other as possible. I had gone to kohinoor there they had c1 2 rows below qn90a. Other showroom has c1 near x90j.

C1 and qn90a are both amazing. You just have to pick, burn in can be avoided with shuffling content, DSE on the other hand is a gamble on par as getting even a decent High FUT card and most of the time you'll end up with mandanda from a heighest cost pack.

DSE is more commn because chances of desi dudes flippin your costly TV box like a roti in a fryers are very high. I talked with some delivery guys and most of them have a common answer. Akela banda hota hai mostly toh woh box flip karte Hai tempo tak.

After hearing that i don't feel like playing panel lottery.

Lastly i was once thinking about 48 inch but seeing it close because how thin C1 is i feels smaller than it is. I think with 42 inch you will lose any feel of immersion. So don't purchase any soze before you demo it and get a feel of immersion.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

How bright is your room go to showrooms where you can see qn90a and C1 are close to each other as possible. I had gone to kohinoor there they had c1 2 rows below qn90a. Other showroom has c1 near x90j.

C1 and qn90a are both amazing. You just have to pick, burn in can be avoided with shuffling content, DSE on the other hand is a gamble on par as getting even a decent High FUT card and most of the time you'll end up with mandanda from a heighest cost pack.

DSE is more commn because chances of desi dudes flippin your costly TV box like a roti in a fryers are very high. I talked with some delivery guys and most of them have a common answer. Akela banda hota hai mostly toh woh box flip karte Hai tempo tak.

After hearing that i don't feel like playing panel lottery.

Lastly i was once thinking about 48 inch but seeing it close because how thin C1 is i feels smaller than it is. I think with 42 inch you will lose any feel of immersion. So don't purchase any soze before you demo it and get a feel of immersion.

Ya bro 

I had visited Croma and Rd a week back and saw both these models but didn’t pay attention to the brightness levels. Clearly oled is superior but I need to see how it’ll pan out in a normal bright room. And if it isn’t bright during the day I never game or watch stuff in a dark room.Never. Good lighting is always better for the eyes, do not want eye strain.

im fine with 48 as I saw the 48 inch wala demo but I prefer smaller due to space constraints. Currently I have a 42 inch 3D led lg tv itself….I’m content with a 42 inch screen 

But ya I’ll once again have a look at both c1 and qn90a

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

By DSE you mean dirty screen effect? This DSE is caused by improper handling during transportation?

By DSE you mean dirty screen effect? This DSE is caused by improper handling during transportation?
Yes dirty screen effect.

The LCD Display consist of 4-5 layers depending on companies and their implementations. Oled has 2 layers only so thats why the panels are so thing. And LCDs are bulky.

One of the layers in the LCD is so fragile that during mishandling it loses it's shape. This the light that travels across the screen hits it at uneven angles. Thus you see some odd bars across screen or sometimes patches on otherwise uniform screen.

There are videos online which will explain this better. I watched them a year back when i faced X900H DSE issues. Mine was a bad unit and replacement was even horrible. So had to refund.

With DSE you get a horrible viewing experience from day 1 till TV reaches EOL. Burn in can be prolonged to your best efforts.

But if you feel your lucky you will end up with a non DSE screen.

Lastly the bigger the acreen size the more you could face DSE as the distance that the light has to cover increases.

4 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Yes dirty screen effect.

The LCD Display consist of 4-5 layers depending on companies and their implementations. Oled has 2 layers only so thats why the panels are so thing. And LCDs are bulky.

One of the layers in the LCD is so fragile that during mishandling it loses it's shape. This the light that travels across the screen hits it at uneven angles. Thus you see some odd bars across screen or sometimes patches on otherwise uniform screen.

There are videos online which will explain this better. I watched them a year back when i faced X900H DSE issues. Mine was a bad unit and replacement was even horrible. So had to refund.

With DSE you get a horrible viewing experience from day 1 till TV reaches EOL. Burn in can be prolonged to your best efforts.

But if you feel your lucky you will end up with a non DSE screen.

Lastly the bigger the acreen size the more you could face DSE as the distance that the light has to cover increases.

Bhains ki taang i didnt know if it's a thing. How to check for dse? doesn't look like I have it on my screen though. 

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Bhains ki taang i didnt know if it's a thing. How to check for dse? doesn't look like I have it on my screen though. 

I suggest to check at your own risk, as they say "You cannot unsee it" and alot of people get OCD with it and it can't leave your mind, so in a right sense I'd say if you are enjoying your TV, sports, gaming etc then you will best stay like that. Plus you are dealing with samsung here, many users on hifivision have reported samsung says DSE is normal for premium TV [WTF mind blown right].

So best stay clear of the paranormal activities of TV, if you don't see the DSE ghost never go looking for it.

In my case last year, i fukin turned on a football match on the newly purchased X900H and as soon as the camera panned from close up pitch action to top down camera showing sky and pitch, i was greeted with two big vertical bars on left and right of the screen neatly placed parallel from center and edges of screen.

The hassles that come after DSE are damn too rough here in india, i wouldn't want anyone to go through em, so i don't really want you to go looking DSE because you became aware of it is a LCD thing. The people who reviews TVs like RTINGs, Vincent, Quantum all say don't go checking for DSE unless you see it. Rest is up to you. Enjoy your TV it seems to be working good for you from your previous posts here.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

I suggest to check at your own risk, as they say "You cannot unsee it" and alot of people get OCD with it and it can't leave your mind, so in a right sense I'd say if you are enjoying your TV, sports, gaming etc then you will best stay like that. Plus you are dealing with samsung here, many users on hifivision have reported samsung says DSE is normal for premium TV [WTF mind blown right].

So best stay clear of the paranormal activities of TV, if you don't see the DSE ghost never go looking for it.

In my case last year, i fukin turned on a football match on the newly purchased X900H and as soon as the camera panned from close up pitch action to top down camera showing sky and pitch, i was greeted with two big vertical bars on left and right of the screen neatly placed parallel from center and edges of screen.

The hassles that come after DSE are damn too rough here in india, i wouldn't want anyone to go through em, so i don't really want you to go looking DSE because you became aware of it is a LCD thing. The people who reviews TVs like RTINGs, Vincent, Quantum all say don't go checking for DSE unless you see it. Rest is up to you. Enjoy your TV it seems to be working good for you from your previous posts here.

YeH i am not gonna go looking for it and looks like either I dont have the eye for spotting it or it's really not there.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Yeah I wouldn't suggest it for a bright room my tv is next to the window and even with tinted glass, reflections on the tv is pretty bad.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, djdgr8 said:

All I was thinking while watching the new Justice League was I need an Oled tv to hide the bright black bars on the side. This forum will be leave me broke. -_-

f**king hell you can see the oled idea taking a hold 8 months back. :bash:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

Yeah I wouldn't suggest it for a bright room my tv is next to the window and even with tinted glass, reflections on the tv is pretty bad.

Yikes that sucks. Mine isn’t placed next to a window. But I usually play in a bright environment…I mean if it gets even a bit dark at any time of the day , I immediately turn on the lights Same during night as well.

So even with a tubelight on in the room, it’ll look sh*t?

28 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Yikes that sucks. Mine isn’t placed next to a window. But I usually play in a bright environment…I mean if it gets even a bit dark at any time of the day , I immediately turn on the lights Same during night as well.

So even with a tubelight on in the room, it’ll look sh*t?

Tubelight can be managed if it's not head on.

Otherwise it's gonna be a problem.

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If by any means, tubelight can reflect off the TV then it won't be ideal.

Maybe you can rearrange.

Correction :tubelight at bottom center and tv at top right corner of the room. Tv's not even in the viewpoint of the light

Don't think it will reflect off the tv.

Never seen tubelight's reflection on the TV's Ive had till now  . 

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

How risky is playing subtitles with all videos on OLED? I like watching everything with subtitles but I have read that subtitles can really aggravate the burn ins.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

Just have fun with the tv don’t overthink, use it how you would normally use any tv.

Just have fun with the tv don’t overthink, use it how you would normally use any tv.
Hahah, I am way overthinking at the moment especially since its new to the point in am not watching any TV or Cricket on it due to static banners, was watching it on the other TV. Will try to be more liberal [emoji14]

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2