The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

4 minutes ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Anyone own sony x900e here?
how does hdr gaming work for you, for me most the time looks washed out except for few games like gears 5 or horizon zero dawn
dunno if it is tv's fault or game has worst hdr implementation  

I own the same TV, don't use it anymore as the main.

But it used to go enough, didn't get that bright to really take advantage of HDR but shouldn't look washed out. 

Have you checked the picture settings? Maybe too much gamma?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I own the same TV, don't use it anymore as the main.

But it used to go enough, didn't get that bright to really take advantage of HDR but shouldn't look washed out. 

Have you checked the picture settings? Maybe too much gamma?

Brightness was never issue, it's contrast that looks washed out.
Blacks looks more like grey, gamma is set to default zero , i could increase contrast enhancer and advance black but doesn't look natural

Super excited for the new OLED tech coming this year. Any idea by when will these hit the Indian markets? I was planning to get a C1 in Feb/March but maybe I should wait now :D

Now the decision is even harder with the new 42" OLEDs by both LG and Sony and Samsung QD-OLED gaming monitors (based on Linus's video).

If the 42" OLED comes in at ~60k it might be a solid deal to get it for a work desk setup and less of an investment considering how fast the display tech is changing / possible burn-in of OLED.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:00 PM, ox- said:

Super excited for the new OLED tech coming this year. Any idea by when will these hit the Indian markets? I was planning to get a C1 in Feb/March but maybe I should wait now :D

Now the decision is even harder with the new 42" OLEDs by both LG and Sony and Samsung QD-OLED gaming monitors (based on Linus's video).

If the 42" OLED comes in at ~60k it might be a solid deal to get it for a work desk setup and less of an investment considering how fast the display tech is changing / possible burn-in of OLED.

42-42 inch OLED at 60k even with deals is unlikely case in 2022; expect it to cost at least 80k

• Sad 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:20 PM, Aercy said:

42-42 inch OLED at 60k even with deals is unlikely case in 2022; expect it to cost at least 80k

Oh noes! This is going to be a tough decision to make :scratchchin:

Eitherways I'm excited to see which monitors launch in India with QD-OLED. This might be a real game changer for me because if I can get a good OLED monitor, I may not want a TV.

The above video says initial cost of samsung qd-oled is going to be over 10million WON (8000 USD+) lol. :roflroll:?

Edited by ox-

On 9/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, lod757 said:

Samsung 2020 led lineups are extremely disappointing , i bought the samsung 50tu8000 at 49k its alright nothing extraordinary for the price, i bought it because of the tvs i checked out. 

I had brought along a pendrive filled with different content to test and none of the other models failed to play them all like samsung did and android/iphone phone pairing was excellent and quick, i was shocked to sony tv 2020 model hang up while trying to play content from my pen drive and a qled lg model froze while i was getting the demo. 

The dealer sucuessfully convinced my family to go for samsung , i personally wanted to get a android tv, any idea on the best android model that matches samsung in 43 to 55 inch class ?

Also whats the stigma on burn-in on qled ?, i was put off on going for one looking at huge stickers plastered on each model saying x years warranty on burn-in

I have always had a sense that something was off on this tv , and today the tv bit the dust right 3 months after the 1 year warranty ended, now the tv is stuck in a constant reboot loop, Have raised a service request... hugely disappointed at how poor quality stuff are these days.

Might look into jumping to sony tvs once this gets fixed.

Issue came up out of nowhere , regretting not getting extended warranty.

The service person came up and straight away said that this model has this common issue and they have ordered a replacement panel but in case the display panel is not in stock a 87% refund of amount will be provided. 

Just a heads up for people buying samsung tvs , BUY AMC for at least 3 years.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, lod757 said:

I have always had a sense that something was off on this tv , and today the tv bit the dust right 3 months after the 1 year warranty ended, now the tv is stuck in a constant reboot loop, Have raised a service request... hugely disappointed at how poor quality stuff are these days.

Might look into jumping to sony tvs once this gets fixed.

Issue came up out of nowhere , regretting not getting extended warranty.

The service person came up and straight away said that this model has this common issue and they have ordered a replacement panel but in case the display panel is not in stock a 87% refund of amount will be provided. 

Just a heads up for people buying samsung tvs , BUY AMC for at least 3 years.

We bought a Samsung 550L fridge few years back since the LG models have low vegetable space. f**king thing started having a gas leak 2 months after the warranty ended. Had to pay 5k to get it repaired officially, and the guy said he does 8-10 such Samsung repairs everyday. 

Our previous Whirlpool fridge worked like a champ for over 12 years ! 

Stopped buying Samsung since that incident. Generally LG or Whirlpool. 

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

We bought a Samsung 550L fridge few years back since the LG models have low vegetable space. f**king thing started having a gas leak 2 months after the warranty ended. Had to pay 5k to get it repaired officially, and the guy said he does 8-10 such Samsung repairs everyday. 

For pure luck since we were moving to a new place at that time we bought new LG fridge and washing machine, only the tv we bought Samsung and it turned out to be a lemon :cry:

Bought a LG monitor 32 inch last month as well , i will avoid Samsung :wallbash: 

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bought a Samsung Fridge last year. Makes knocking sounds in rainy season because apparently even at a temp. setting of 5-6, it's creating excessive ice.

2 service guy came and after that they stopped following up.

No matter how many requests I put in, they never come.

Should have just gotten LG but my mom wanted that extra space.

Samsung are seriously having quality issues , their products might be priced well but so many product quality issues.

Just had a look at https://twitter.com/SamsungIndia/with_replies

And in just last 5 days found at least 10 people reporting failures with the same tv model as mine.

Edited by lod757

Hey everyone, 

I plan to change my TV this year. Currently I use the 43 inch Sony KDL-43W800D model bought in 2016. Works fine but I plan to give it to my parents. I'm not that good at TV model hunting so please do help a brother out. 

My usage is mainly the PS5 and OTT. I have a 2.1 channel Sony Soundbar that I use currently, and I plan to continue using this over the TV speakers for the foreseeable future. My constraint is that I would prefer a medium size ie around 50 inches since the room space is small. The TV won't be wall mounted so a good table stand system is better to have.

Things I need are 3+ HDMI ports, a good refresh rate for gaming and a 2K or 4K resolution.

Things that are good to have but not necessary: Smart features like Android TV, HDR, etc. 

Budget is around 1L ish, but I can expand another 20K or so. 

5 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hey everyone, 

I plan to change my TV this year. Currently I use the 43 inch Sony KDL-43W800D model bought in 2016. Works fine but I plan to give it to my parents. I'm not that good at TV model hunting so please do help a brother out. 

My usage is mainly the PS5 and OTT. I have a 2.1 channel Sony Soundbar that I use currently, and I plan to continue using this over the TV speakers for the foreseeable future. My constraint is that I would prefer a medium size ie around 50 inches since the room space is small. The TV won't be wall mounted so a good table stand system is better to have.

Things I need are 3+ HDMI ports, a good refresh rate for gaming and a 2K or 4K resolution.

Things that are good to have but not necessary: Smart features like Android TV, HDR, etc. 

Budget is around 1L ish, but I can expand another 20K or so. 

Lg C1 oled 48 inch tv costs around 1 lakhs....during last diwali it was available for 89k

• Thanks 1