The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

What the heck is the brand Beston that is using LG’s magic remote and WebOS. Is LG sharing software assets with other TV brands? This doesn’t seem like a spinoff.

3 hours ago, lod757 said:

Samsung are seriously having quality issues , their products might be priced well but so many product quality issues.

Just had a look at https://twitter.com/SamsungIndia/with_replies

And in just last 5 days found at least 10 people reporting failures with the same tv model as mine.

I had bought a Samsung 43” 4K TV (NU7100) in Aug 2018, it cost me 52k. When I bought LG CX in Mar 2021, I had given it my father. Since October 2021, half the screen has gone completely dark (Backlight has stopped working on left side). It is out of warranty. Just 3 year’s life!! The estimations are 7-8k if only backlight can be changed, else it will be entire panel change which means 25-30k. We all know what will be the solution when they take it to their back office.

I always was averse to Samsung products and thought that I should give a fair chance to them. Wham!! Never buying Samsung electronics/appliances again.

LG has been always good for me starting with my first ever Android phone, LG Optimus One to ‘the’ original best gaming TV, LG CX OLED. 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hey everyone, 

I plan to change my TV this year. Currently I use the 43 inch Sony KDL-43W800D model bought in 2016. Works fine but I plan to give it to my parents. I'm not that good at TV model hunting so please do help a brother out. 

My usage is mainly the PS5 and OTT. I have a 2.1 channel Sony Soundbar that I use currently, and I plan to continue using this over the TV speakers for the foreseeable future. My constraint is that I would prefer a medium size ie around 50 inches since the room space is small. The TV won't be wall mounted so a good table stand system is better to have.

Things I need are 3+ HDMI ports, a good refresh rate for gaming and a 2K or 4K resolution.

Things that are good to have but not necessary: Smart features like Android TV, HDR, etc. 

Budget is around 1L ish, but I can expand another 20K or so. 

For that price, OLED. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think he has a space constraint. Otherwise, always best to get the biggest possible tv. I'm defo getting a 65 inch in an year or two. And 77 inch when I'm super rich or the prices become reasonable. 

Yeah, my next TV is definitely gonna be 65". 

Need it to make up for other things :fear1:

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Does the LG C1 run on its own OS? I'm reading about it and it doesn't seem to be running on Android. Any pros/cons of their system?

Also, I'm curious why the C1 is being recommended? Is there nothing better at this price range? :fear1:

LG CX and C1 are identical but I would go for whichever is cheaper by 15k or more, else go for tor newer.

Under 1.4L there’s nothing better than LG OLED, evidently the best TV for gaming.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think he has a space constraint. Otherwise, always best to get the biggest possible tv. I'm defo getting a 65 inch in an year or two. And 77 inch when I'm super rich or the prices become reasonable. 

Same happened with me, I could have gone for 65” CX with good offer, but had to settle for 55” due to space constraint.

My next target is to get a 77” OLED after I save enough and buy a flat ? long shot!!!

44 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I would recommend to just buy the 55" model.

You will be surprised by seeing how small an OLED seems as compared to another LED/LCD of the same size. 55" seems like a 50".

39 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

When I do get around to buying, I plan to see the dimensions and check if it'll fit in the room. Then the final size will be decided. 

Also, I guess I can always get a chromecast or an android TV stick if the LG OS isn't that good.... Obviously the built in android performs quite well but a TV stick shouldn't be that far off in terms of performance. 

Edited by LordSpymaster

7 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

When I do get around to buying, I plan to see the dimensions and check if it'll fit in the room. Then the final size will be decided. 

Also, I guess I can always get a chromecast or an android TV stick if the LG OS isn't that good.... Obviously the built in android performs quite well but a TV stick shouldn't be that far off in terms of performance. 

I stick with Sony because of the Android interface but they have now started pushing ads (Google). So if that doesn't get fixed in future then I will also switch to LG and just get a fire stick or watch via Ps5/XSX.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I stick with Sony because of the Android interface but they have now started pushing ads (Google). So if that doesn't get fixed in future then I will also switch to LG and just get a fire stick or watch via Ps5/XSX.

Any good Sony recommendations for my requirement?

7 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Does the LG C1 run on its own OS? I'm reading about it and it doesn't seem to be running on Android. Any pros/cons of their system?

Also, I'm curious why the C1 is being recommended? Is there nothing better at this price range? :fear1:

It’s the best gaming tv available at that price point

4 HDmi 2.1 gaming ports , vrr ,gsync and free sync compatible,dolby vision etc 

whereas Sony and Samsung doesn’t have anything equivalent to the c1 at that price point 

if you need the c1 features on a Sony tv , it’ll cost u about 1.3 to 1.5 lakhs or so

look around a bit on YouTube for why everyone’s recommending the c1 , you’ll get an idea of it

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why 77 inch OLED in India are too much overpriced? Does these TV's not sell well like 55inch or 65inches? 

Normally 77inch OLED  from LG (C1) costs around 2900 dollars, which should be around 2lakh 80-90thousands in India inclusive of taxes, not more. But everywhere it's showing too much. Why is that?

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Why 77 inch OLED in India are too much overpriced? Does these TV's not sell well like 55inch or 65inches? 

Normally 77inch OLED  from LG (C1) costs around 2900 dollars, which should be around 2lakh 80-90thousands in India inclusive of taxes, not more. But everywhere it's showing too much. Why is that?

Haha. It was 10 lakh till last year. Sony priced theirs for 6 then lg reduced the price. I expect that this (3) would the price 2 years from now.

• Sad 1

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

3 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

I’m at Kolkata. Bought CX 55 last Feb, don’t expect good price offline in kolkata. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I recently moved back to Bengaluru and I want to get a OLED TV. I’ve decided on the LG C1 55 inch.

The price online in Reliance Digital, Croma is around 1.5 lakh while on Amazon it is available for 1.26 lakh. Is this the right model? (C1PTZ)

Where will I be able buy the TV for lowest price, and what price would that be approx (55 inch)?

40 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Guys I recently moved back to Bengaluru and I want to get a OLED TV. I’ve decided on the LG C1 55 inch.

The price online in Reliance Digital, Croma is around 1.5 lakh while on Amazon it is available for 1.26 lakh. Is this the right model? (C1PTZ)

Where will I be able buy the TV for lowest price, and what price would that be approx (55 inch)?

You'll get the lowest prices offline during Dusera/Diwali. Vijay Sales usually has the lowest prices. Ideally around 1.10-1.15 lakhs after discounts and cashback. 

49 minutes ago, SuperT said:

You'll get the lowest prices offline during Dusera/Diwali. Vijay Sales usually has the lowest prices. Ideally around 1.10-1.15 lakhs after discounts and cashback. 

oh I don’t think I can wait till Dussehra. 1.20 lakh on Amazon including cash back seems like a decent offer.

Do you know if there’s a difference between the models C1XTZ and C1PTZ

I contacted a Girias rep and he quoted ₹1.3L for C1 55 inch and said that with a no cost EMI ICICI credit card, AXIS cc, American Express cc I can get ₹18k cash back instantly, so effective price is ₹1.12L.

Can anyone help me understand no cost EMI? I have never once in my life bought anything on EMI, not sure if it is a good thing or not. I also only have a AmazonPay ICICI cc with me, so I guess I have to get a new CC soon too.

Edited by Gavara Tarun
changed cx to c1