The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

32 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

I contacted a Girias rep and he quoted ₹1.3L for CX 55 inch and said that with a no cost EMI ICICI credit card, AXIS cc, American Express cc I can get ₹18k cash back instantly, so effective price is ₹1.12L.

Can anyone help me understand no cost EMI? I have never once in my life bought anything on EMI, not sure if it is a good thing or not. I also only have a AmazonPay ICICI cc with me, so I guess I have to get a new CC soon too.

Isn’t C1 available around the same price? No Cost emi is interest free emi scheme; but usually you do have to pay GST and a processing fee nowadays

1 minute ago, Aercy said:

Isn’t C1 available around the same price? No Cost emi is interest free emi scheme; but usually you do have to pay GST and a processing fee nowadays

Yes, its the C1 not the CX, I got confused. LG needs to get its naming in order how does the C9 come before the C1?

Looks like a decent option, I have to get a CC now

46 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Yes, its the C1 not the CX, I got confused. LG needs to get its naming in order how does the C9 come before the C1?

Looks like a decent option, I have to get a CC now

There will some GST and processing fees but shouldn't be more than 1k. 

Also, I doubt it will be instant cashback if it's on No Cost EMI, maybe after 90 days?

Anyway, the cost should basically be 1.3L+1k/N months and then you will get 18k cashback in one of the N months.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

There will some GST and processing fees but shouldn't be more than 1k. 

Also, I doubt it will be instant cashback if it's on No Cost EMI, maybe after 90 days?

Anyway, the cost should basically be 1.3L+1k/N months and then you will get 18k cashback in one of the N months.

So am I understanding this correctly? The store guy tells me I have to take a 6 month no cost EMI. So I will get that and pay 21.6k (1.3L/6) + 1k every month for 6 months.

One of those months I will get a 18k cashback and after getting that I can close the remaining payment early to save on the 1k every month. Is that correct?

Sorry for the dumb questions, never done this before.

35 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

So am I understanding this correctly? The store guy tells me I have to take a 6 month no cost EMI. So I will get that and pay 21.6k (1.3L/6) + 1k every month for 6 months.

One of those months I will get a 18k cashback and after getting that I can close the remaining payment early to save on the 1k every month. Is that correct?

Sorry for the dumb questions, never done this before.

Dude, 1k is one time.

You will be charged for 1,30,000 + 1k, that comes out to be 21,833 per month for 6 months.

And during one of those 6 months, either you will get a cashback of 18k credited to your account or your EMI for that month will be reduced by 18k i.e. 21,833-18,000.

That's it, simple.

When it comes to foreclosure, basically you will pay off the whole loan after you receive the 18k cashback (generally the 3rd month) and that will save you some additional interest which was included in the original price.

No cost EMI basically isn't no cost per se because instead of giving you the discount directly, the manufacturer goes via the card issuer. And then the issuer adds in the interest for final price.

You basically save on a part of that interest too if you foreclose.

Edited by KunjanPSD

18 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Foreclosure must have charges too right? 

Also, my experience with ICICI's no cost EMI was that they gave me the cashback after 90 days on a 6M EMI. Right at the end. 

HDFC has zero foreclosure charges.. 

1 hour ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Thanks for explaining guys its clear now, I don't have a CC (except for the AmazonPay CC) so I can't buy the TV yet, none of my friends are in Bangalore now. I'll apply for one from ICICI.

Is the deal not applicable for Amazon ICICI card you have?

32 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

I am looking at the offer page on ICICI website: https://www.icicibank.com/offers/lg-product-offer.page

I don't see any mention anywhere that this is not applicable on AmazonPay card, not sure how I can find out if it works or not. I'll drop a mail to ICICI support but I doubt I'll get a response.

Try calling their customer care number and clarify.

1 hour ago, Gavara Tarun said:

I am looking at the offer page on ICICI website: https://www.icicibank.com/offers/lg-product-offer.page

I don't see any mention anywhere that this is not applicable on AmazonPay card, not sure how I can find out if it works or not. I'll drop a mail to ICICI support but I doubt I'll get a response.

That's the problem with partner cards, both with FK Axis Card and AMZ ICICI cc, it is often kept out of bank offers, and only applies when the FK/AMZ make the offer.

Morning I called the ICICI relationship manager and asked her if this offer would work with AmazonPay ICICI CC and she said it should work. I visited the store in the evening and tried swiping the CC but it does not work. It sucks, I really wanted to buy it today.

I came home and decided to apply for a HDFC Regalia. I submitted the form and submitted the documents online and get a mail instantly saying that my request got rejected. What ...? I earn enough for Diners Black eligibility but Regalia is enough for me and they rejected the approval for Regalia. I'll try contacting some customer care person tomorrow and try again. Or just get a standard ICICI Platinum lifetime free CC, all I want to do with it is just buy the TV and a washing machine.

19 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Looking for a TV priced below 30k. 

Mi 4k AMOLED @ 30k or OnePlus 1080p @ 23k. Which one is better ? 

Honestly, all the tvs in that range will more or less be the same. I suggest you get one with the best service like Sanyo, it is under the Panasonic brand in India and their service/warranty is provided by Panasonic customer care in India. But do your research before buying one and if possible visit a store to see them for PQ. 

I’ve placed an order for Samsung Frame (2021) 65 inch model for 1.13L on an 18-month no-cost EMI. Is it a good deal or can I get something better for the same price? I mostly play SP games so 120hz isn’t a major priority for me.