The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Got it. But at that price point, he can get BX 55 for 10k-15k more with 3 years warranty. Besides, Sony TVs don't go for that price anymore as far as I can tell. 

My cousin got that piece of sh*t x85j 65 inch for 1.2.

We're going in circles. He has to prioritise tech vs size. 65 inch Frame/FALD vs 55 inch OLED. 

My vote goes to size. Your vote goes to OLED. 

That's the short conclusion now. 

2 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Any opinions on the Frame? What it's boiling down to rn is either get 55 C1 or stick with Frame. Either TV would be a massive upgrade in terms of quality for me. So, in your opinion, is the smaller size a reasonable compromise to get better PQ. Whatever review I've seen of Frame says it's good but is the difference in quality THAT pronounced compared to a C1? 

In the non-OLED space, this is one of the best TVs you can buy. 

But tbh, I feel spending above 1 lakh seems like overkill. 

I bought the Frame 2020 (55 inch) for around 70k.. but for 1 lakh plus, I would definitely go for OLED over this. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

@CtrlAltDev93

I'll just list the pros and cons, man. Make it easier.

Pros of Frame

Good contrast ratio - punches above it's weight

HDMI 2.1 support

Form factor

Cons

Bad viewing angles. Unless you are viewing head on, colors and brightness will start degrading.

Low brightness. ~500 nits. HDR is unviable at this level and subpar bright room performance

Only 1 HDMI 2.1 slot

Warranty is 1 year afaik vs 3 years with LG

Samsung support is sh*t in my experience

LG C1 has no cons compared to Frame except price. You should compare pricing including 3 years warranty for any model you see.

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

We're going in circles. He has to prioritise tech vs size. 65 inch Frame/FALD vs 55 inch OLED. 

My vote goes to size. Your vote goes to OLED. 

That's the short conclusion now. 

10 minutes ago, Vamos said:

In the non-OLED space, this is one of the best TVs you can buy. 

But tbh, I feel spending above 1 lakh seems like overkill. 

I bought the Frame 2020 (55 inch) for around 70k.. but for 1 lakh plus, I would definitely go for OLED over this. 

Thanks @Mr. Comingle, this makes it a lot more simpler to choose. I just spoke to a store in Bangalore and they offered 55 C1 with 3 years warranty for 1.25L + 10% CB and 6 month no-cost EMI. He also mentioned up to 3% charges on all EMI above 6 months but I didn't really understand that bit. I assume I'll end up paying whatever cashback I get as interest on an 18-month EMI. I think I'll cancel my order and look for deals on the C1 now, mostly because it's less stressful to just get that TV and not have to worry about the quality. I wanted a 65" TV for the living room but I guess I'll just pull the sofa closer for now. 

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I doubt if this is true. @dante77 has the 55 inch (2020) model, and I ate his head getting all feedback before going for X9500G. He specifically said there's little to no variation when viewing sideways. 

I have to disagree. Frame's viewing angles are terrible, at least for the 50 inch model. My brother has it in his room and that is the one flaw I can think of. Apart from that, its worth it foe the price.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

People are giving very uninformed advice. Someone is saying Frame is better in bright environment when it has less brightness. Someone else says the PQ is good when their frame of reference is a flagship from Sony.

Go to a store and check it out with your media and take a decision.

Although I guess you can't check frame out since it's an online only model. But you can check other Samsung panels in similar range to get an idea. 

Yes, correct! 

And also, in bright environments, even IPS TVs with terrible black levels will look great. So it's wrong to say Frame is better in bright environments. 

Frame shines in dark rooms with good black levels. Obviously not as good as OLED's infinite contrast, but in non-OLED space, VA panels provide exceptional contrast ratio. 

32 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I have to disagree. Frame's viewing angles are terrible, at least for the 50 inch model. My brother has it in his room and that is the one flaw I can think of. Apart from that, its worth it foe the price.

50 inch uses a very different panel from 55 and beyond. That's why there's a significant cost difference. 

Edit: My frame of reference is 2020 model. Not sure how things have moved since then. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

40 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Thanks @Mr. Comingle, this makes it a lot more simpler to choose. I just spoke to a store in Bangalore and they offered 55 C1 with 3 years warranty for 1.25L + 10% CB and 6 month no-cost EMI. He also mentioned up to 3% charges on all EMI above 6 months but I didn't really understand that bit. I assume I'll end up paying whatever cashback I get as interest on an 18-month EMI. I think I'll cancel my order and look for deals on the C1 now, mostly because it's less stressful to just get that TV and not have to worry about the quality. I wanted a 65" TV for the living room but I guess I'll just pull the sofa closer for now. 

Usually the interest free scheme is for 6/9 months emi. Go for that more than that the interest will eat into the discount and cashback you are getting. When I picked up a TV the interest free scheme was for 6months emi only anything less or more meant I had to pay interest which doesn't really make sense. 

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Usually the interest free scheme is for 6/9 months emi. Go for that more than that the interest will eat into the discount and cashback you are getting. When I picked up a TV the interest free scheme was for 6months emi only anything less or more meant I had to pay interest which doesn't really make sense. 

Just called another store. They offered it for 1.14 after all cashbacks. 12 month no-cost EMI but 2% processing fee.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Source?

Check specs. It's a 60hz panel. 55 and above are 120 hz. The panel viewing angles and brightness also seem affected from what I remember looking at reviews - searched a lot during 2020 when it was basically Frame vs X95G vs OLED. 

12 hours ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Anyone know what's the best price on a 65 inch LG A1 OLED? I was considering getting a 55 inch C1 but now I'm thinking that I don't really need the gaming features and I would benefit much from the bigger display.

Prices I see so far:

55 inch LG A1 OLED - ₹ 93574 (Amazon, after 5% cashback)

55 inch LG C1 OLED - ₹ 112000 (local seller, after ICICI CC discount)

65 inch LG A1 OLED - ₹ 156749 (Amazon, after 5% cashback)

65 inch LG C1 OLED - ₹ 176415 (Amazon, after 5% cashback)

55 inch Samsung Neo QLED QN90A - ₹ 137645 (Amazon, after 5% cashback)

65 inch Samsung Neo QLED QN90A - ₹ ???

I saw the Neo QLED and OLED in a Reliance Digital store and I actually liked the picture on Neo QLED better. But I saw a comparison video that shows that gaming sucks on QLED and also it does not support Dolby Vision so now I am 75% sure of getting OLED.

As for OLED, I can buy the C1 but if as I won't spend a lot of time playing games, mostly will watch movies and TV shows and the games I play will be on PS5 or Switch, I think C1 is overkill so maybe A1 is enough. But then is it worth to pay 50% more to get the 65 inch instead of 55 inch?

I don't know much about TVs but a friend recently bought this for 87k from a Samsung Store.
https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Ultra-Smart-QA50QN90AAKLXL-Black/dp/B0928MGRQR/

Pulled the trigger and made the purchase. Got the 55 C1. Came up to 1.1L after all the cashback and discount. Thanks for the help, guys. Would have stuck with Frame and probably thought about the "what-ifs" had it not been for the discussion here.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Pulled the trigger and made the purchase. Got the 55 C1. Came up to 1.1L after all the cashback and discount. Thanks for the help, guys. Would have stuck with Frame and probably thought about the "what-ifs" had it not been for the discussion here.

Congratulations!! From where btw?

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

6 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Congratulations!! From where btw?

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Which store, which credit card.. 

Asking for a friend 

I bought it from LG Shoppe (Videotronics), Indiranagar. They quoted the lowest for ICICI.

I also contacted

Devi International in Jayanagar (1.25 after cashback)

Protail in Harlur (1.2 after cashback)

AMBA in Hosur Rd (1.14 after cashback, but for Axis or Citi cards, and only after I told them I'm getting the offer from LG Shoppe for 1.14)

seC8GMY.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I bought it from LG Shoppe (Videotronics), Indiranagar. They quoted the lowest for ICICI.

I also contacted

AMBA in Hosur Rd (1.14 after cashback, but for Axis or Citi cards, and only after I told them I'm getting the offer from LG Shoppe for 1.14)

seC8GMY.jpg

Oh nice!

I'll check out the indranagar store when i need it.

Last time i checked Devi and girias were quoting higher rates over the phone 

8 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I also contacted

seC8GMY.jpg

Since this is an instant brand discount and no cost EMI, you can probably foreclose this soon as possible (not sure how it works with ICICI) and get more savings? Or does that EMI cashback gets credited after 90 days?

Edited by KunjanPSD

Just now, silv3rgunn3r said:

Oh nice!

I'll check out the indranagar store when i need it.

Last time i checked Devi and girias were quoting higher rates over the phone 

Indiranagar store actually quoted full 1.8L over the phone, It probably wasn't the TV guy so he might not have been aware of the offers but I actually laughed out loud and told him what Devi was quoting me. He said he'll call back in 5 minutes and another guy called. He said 1.4 and then cashback but I kept telling him about the other offer. Then negotiations began and managed to bring it down to 1.1L. I contacted them last thinking they'd be pricey considering it's an Indiranagar store.

7 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

seC8GMY.jpg

Be careful about how to read this.. The EMI interest cash back shown there is kinda scam..  once you get the payment schedule please review it once. The loan amount should be less than payable about in No cost cases.. talk to me if you have Qs..

Are you planning to pay in EMI or close it early to save the interest?

• Like 1