The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

31 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Agreed. Dialogues sound thin (not sure if it is the right word). Having said that, that comparison is with a sound bar.

We are talking in terms of TV speakers - frame of reference is not comparing with a soundbar or another setup. 

With how thin the TV is, the downward firing speakers are really good. I've mine wall mounted, and i don't really face any dialogue issues. YMMV if it's placed on a table. 

In comparison, the Sony TV speakers sound like 100 rupee China junk. They're really garbage quality. 

On 3/8/2022 at 4:54 PM, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Pulled the trigger and made the purchase. Got the 55 C1. Came up to 1.1L after all the cashback and discount. Thanks for the help, guys. Would have stuck with Frame and probably thought about the "what-ifs" had it not been for the discussion here.

Just curious how many years of warranty did you get? 1 or 3? Any idea on what type of warranty it is? i.e. comprehensive warranty / does the warranty cover burn-in issues?

2 hours ago, ox- said:

Just curious how many years of warranty did you get? 1 or 3? Any idea on what type of warranty it is? i.e. comprehensive warranty / does the warranty cover burn-in issues?

3 years comprehensive warranty + 1 year insurance included in the price. Yes, the warranty covers burn-in issues

8 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

3 years comprehensive warranty + 1 year insurance included in the price. Yes, the warranty covers burn-in issues

Warranty doesn’t cover burn-in

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Don't trust that.

LG doesn't offer burn-in warranty. They might change it if it happens relatively quickly but no guarantee.

That's quite shady. They've also given 1 year insurance, so that should cover burn in, no?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Don't worry, man. LG gives 1 time panel replacement if burn in happens. They don't cover it as part of warranty but it's covered. Also burn in is not a concern on the new panels unless you use it completely irresponsibly. Anyone owning C9 or above can confirm that burn in is non existent. 

Oh, cool. I don't plan on hooking it up to a PC or set-top box so that avoids most of the static image worries. i'll just ensure that I don't leave games on the pause screen too long with the TV on then.

Burn in for static images does happen in oled. We used it with a set top box for a year and a half it’s been more than a year now since we stopped using set top box but I can see the set top box company’s logo when the screen is fully white. So yeah be careful with static images other than that it’s all good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kruzzo said:

Burn in for static images does happen in oled. We used it with a set top box for a year and a half it’s been more than a year now since we stopped using set top box but I can see the set top box company’s logo when the screen is fully white. So yeah be careful with static images other than that it’s all good.

Only OTT and gaming so I guess I'm safe on that front

7 minutes ago, ox- said:

Vijay Sales quoted me 1.22K with 1 year comprehensive warranty :cry:Super confused to get this or wait for the c2

Which city?

3 hours ago, ox- said:

Mumbai, Santacruz store

cool cool cool cool cool

I’m looking to buy one as well, but close to Diwali 

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

cool cool cool cool cool

I’m looking to buy one as well, but close to Diwali 

C2 will be discounted decently near Diwali I guess (but I still have a feeling won't go below 1.1-1.2L even in diwali). Planning on 55 or 65 or more :P ?

Edited by ox-

4 hours ago, ox- said:

C2 will be discounted decently near Diwali I guess (but I still have a feeling won't go below 1.1-1.2L even in diwali). Planning on 55 or 65 or more :P ?

5t bro, if I buy 65 it will be on the road with me and my bags

• Haha 1

So, it's been 9 days and ICICI have not sent me any update on the status of the CC I've applied for, I've done the online KYC, doc submission and all. I'll wait for a week more, hopefully I should get the card by then. The customer care for CC is always busy, was not able to reach them.

Now, I see LG 55 inch C1 on Amazon from a seller from whom I've ordered a washing machine which is working fine, it's fulfilled by Amazon too. The price atm is ₹127999 minus 5% discount (eff. ₹ 121600). I see that there is a 2 year warranty on the TV. If I buy locally on EMI with discount it might be around ₹117000.

What do you think? Should I just get the one on Amazon or wait for CC and buy locally on EMI?

On 3/11/2022 at 5:05 PM, kruzzo said:

Which model do you have?