The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

3 hours ago, Gavara Tarun said:

So, it's been 9 days and ICICI have not sent me any update on the status of the CC I've applied for, I've done the online KYC, doc submission and all. I'll wait for a week more, hopefully I should get the card by then. The customer care for CC is always busy, was not able to reach them.

Now, I see LG 55 inch C1 on Amazon from a seller from whom I've ordered a washing machine which is working fine, it's fulfilled by Amazon too. The price atm is ₹127999 minus 5% discount (eff. ₹ 121600). I see that there is a 2 year warranty on the TV. If I buy locally on EMI with discount it might be around ₹117000.

What do you think? Should I just get the one on Amazon or wait for CC and buy locally on EMI?

Always buy locallyy, you might get a better price or some freebies thrown in with you can let them keep for further discounts

On 3/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, ox- said:

Vijay Sales quoted me 1.22K with 1 year comprehensive warranty :cry:Super confused to get this or wait for the c2

Took this offer to Croma. They said they will do 55” for 1.2 with 3 years warranty.

But they said they would do the 48” for 90k with 3 years warranty. (These are post cashback prices)

Maybe I need to take this price back to VS and see if they drop down to 1.15ish with 3 years warranty?

Does 48” for 30k cheaper seem like a much better deal? Not sure how much difference the size would make?  I want to put it in the bedroom and my beds pillow is around 7ft away from the wall.

Scratch that I just tried to simulate this from my hall's 55" (which is at 6.5ft distance). 48" won't do, if anything I should be aiming for a 65 :roflroll:

Edited by ox-

VS isn’t budging and final price they did was 1.19k with INSTANT cashback (I dont know how but they said it will be instant) + added the 3 years warranty!

Im thinking to go for it! 

Update: Going to go and book this on Saturday after Holi

Edited by ox-

On 2/24/2022 at 9:49 AM, Gavara Tarun said:

oh I don’t think I can wait till Dussehra. 1.20 lakh on Amazon including cash back seems like a decent offer.

Do you know if there’s a difference between the models C1XTZ and C1PTZ

Yup didn’t find much info about difference between c1 XTZ and c1 PTZ.

PTZ looks like the international model and XTZ could be Indian specific one.

Does any c1 owner here have the XTZ - any issues with it? (This is what I’ll be purchasing from Vijay sales)

So I have finally purchased the LG C1 55 inch from Reliance Digital in Marathalli for ₹117817.

They've quoted me 1.24L plus 10k cashback using ICICI Credit or Debit card no cost EMI. They said I will get a stabiliser free with the TV. I took a screenshot of that and then they tried with my ICICI Debit card (as I ended up getting rejected from ICICI for their cheapest CC while I earn enough for a more premium card).

Didn't work. I got my card as a salary account card from my previous company and it was not eligible.

Then they quoted me a final amount of 1.20L (but no more free stabiliser) and using my AmazonPay ICICI CC I got a instant cashback of ₹2500.

So I ended up paying ₹117817 for the TV with 3 years warranty. If I had a CC I could've gotten it for ₹1.10L but it's fine I guess.

Delivery tomorrow, installation the day after. I've specifically asked them to call the LG guys and confirm that the table top stand is in stock, as I've seen reviews online where the LG people are saying that is not in stock and only provided wall mount stand. I prefer the table top stand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ox- said:

Yup didn’t find much info about difference between c1 XTZ and c1 PTZ.

PTZ looks like the international model and XTZ could be Indian specific one.

Does any c1 owner here have the XTZ - any issues with it? (This is what I’ll be purchasing from Vijay sales)

I believe I'm getting that XTZ too, that's what Reliance has on their online store.
I think someone mentioned previously that PTZ means it has white back and XTZ means it has black back.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

So I have finally purchased the LG C1 55 inch from Reliance Digital in Marathalli for ₹117817.

They've quoted me 1.24L plus 10k cashback using ICICI Credit or Debit card no cost EMI. They said I will get a stabiliser free with the TV. I took a screenshot of that and then they tried with my ICICI Debit card (as I ended up getting rejected from ICICI for their cheapest CC while I earn enough for a more premium card).

Didn't work. I got my card as a salary account card from my previous company and it was not eligible.

Then they quoted me a final amount of 1.20L (but no more free stabiliser) and using my AmazonPay ICICI CC I got a instant cashback of ₹2500.

So I ended up paying ₹117817 for the TV with 3 years warranty. If I had a CC I could've gotten it for ₹1.10L but it's fine I guess.

Delivery tomorrow, installation the day after. I've specifically asked them to call the LG guys and confirm that the table top stand is in stock, as I've seen reviews online where the LG people are saying that is not in stock and only provided wall mount stand. I prefer the table top stand.

Congrats!!!!! Also oof that hurts! I have an ICICI CC and I'm also getting this 10k cashback but from 129K. So going to cost 119k, so your 117k is still a good deal :)

I don't want to book now because HOLI and chaos everywhere and I'm scared kuch anhoni na hojaye :rofl:

> I've specifically asked them to call the LG guys and confirm that the table top stand is in stock

Is it an either -or- situation here? That pick the wall mount or the table top? Should I get this confirmed by VS if they give both in the box?

Also any way to confirm the TV is brand new and not used (as I'll be getting the delivery directly from their warehouse)?

Edited by ox-

8 minutes ago, ox- said:

Congrats!!!!! Also oof that hurts! I have an ICICI CC and I'm also getting this 10k cashback but from 129K. So going to cost 119k, so your 117k is still a good deal :)

I don't want to book now because HOLI and chaos everywhere and I'm scared kuch anhoni na hojaye :rofl:

> I've specifically asked them to call the LG guys and confirm that the table top stand is in stock

Is it an either -or- situation here? That pick the wall mount or the table top? Should I get this confirmed by VS if they give both in the box?

Also any way to confirm the TV is brand new and not used (as I'll be getting the delivery directly from their warehouse)?

In the settings you can check the life hrs (switched on). You can ask the installation guy to show it to you, it should be zero. But I have heard even this can be reset. Just check for physical signs and panel properly, there is no clear way of detecting it. I got the table stand and the wall mount with my CX don't know if it is the same anymore with the C1.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SuperT said:

In the settings you can check the life hrs (switched on). You can ask the installation guy to show it to you, it should be zero. But I have heard even this can be reset. Just check for physical signs and panel properly, there is no clear way of detecting it. I got the table stand and the wall mount with my CX don't know if it is the same anymore with the C1.

I only got the wall mount with my CX :| I was given an option to choose one.

1 hour ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Good decision, insist on the table top only it will have a waiting period but wait. You can buy the wallmount later if you want but table top will cost a bomb.. I regret not doing this

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Good decision, insist on the table top only it will have a waiting period but wait. You can buy the wallmount later if you want but table top will cost a bomb.. I regret not doing this

I hope I don't have to wait. In online reviews, they said that the LG people told them they will get the stand if they wait but they don't respond back.

But yeah the stand is huge, compared to the wall mount and also it gives me a chance to move the TV around if I feel like it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ox- said:

I don't celebrate Holi so I guess I'm safe :) but I have some furniture moving in this week so I'll be extra careful around the TV.

Time to obtain some Dolby Vision content, anyone has a "must watch in HDR" movie suggestion?

Also I've requested the Reliance folks to let me know when they get PS5s in stock. They told me they can contact me and then I'll have like 10-15 mins to pay the whole amount to confirm it.

Edited by Gavara Tarun
a

My C8 conked off 3 days ago. Screen wouldn't turn on - the red light just flashed three times and disappeared. 

Registered a complaint - engineer visit happened the same day - the TV was only taking in 12V vs 24V, apparently mobo fired. No idea how it happened since I have it connected to an APC UPS, which regulates voltage. 

Nevertheless, mobo + 2 cables had to be changed. Total cost was around 8.3k, including 1700 bucks as service charge. 

Decent experience - all parts were arranged within 2 days. 

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My C8 conked off 3 days ago. Screen wouldn't turn on - the red light just flashed three times and disappeared. 

Registered a complaint - engineer visit happened the same day - the TV was only taking in 12V vs 24V, apparently mobo fired. No idea how it happened since I have it connected to an APC UPS, which regulates voltage. 

Nevertheless, mobo + 2 cables had to be changed. Total cost was around 8.3k, including 1700 bucks as service charge. 

Decent experience - all parts were arranged within 2 days. 

How old? Was it in warranty? Which UPS are you using (I want to buy one too for TV, Apple TV and PS5)?

47 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

How old? Was it in warranty? Which UPS are you using (I want to buy one too for TV, Apple TV and PS5)?

It's a 2018 model. Three and half years now. No warranty. 

Using APC 1500w. PS5, XSX and TV.