The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

4 hours ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Guys I received my C1, got the table top stand too. Off to setup a Plex server on my Raspberry Pi so that I can view movies with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio using AirPods Pro.. :)

25 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Don't think you can connect airpods to lg 

Why not ? It's bluetooth right ? 

4 hours ago, DinJo said:

Don't think you can connect airpods to lg 

Airpods act just as a regular bluetooth device, so I think they should work. But spatial audio only works with apple devices I think.

8 hours ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Guys I received my C1, got the table top stand too. Off to setup a Plex server on my Raspberry Pi so that I can view movies with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio using AirPods Pro.. :)

w00t! Noice. Did you get BOTH the table top stand AND the wall mount?

1 hour ago, ox- said:

Airpods act just as a regular bluetooth device, so I think they should work. But spatial audio only works with apple devices I think.

No no, I just got the table top stand. The LG folks were telling me the table top stand might not be in stock so installation might take more time if I insist on the table top stand.

But I made sure to make the Reliance Digital folks call their LG contacts before my purchase to ensure that the table top stand is in stock. So I got it.

The table top stand weighs a lot, its more worth it in terms of money than the wall mount. Also, I don't have separate speakers, I think the TV sound improves a minor bit with the table top stand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ox- said:

I could be wrong but earlier version of lg models only used to support specific lg headphones nothing other than that. Others can confirm

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Any BT headphone works but the connection is spotty. My buds+ are not usable with frequent drops and my pxc works but there are still hitches at times. I think the BT on the tv is not very good. 

I use BT headphones on my B9 and experience no drops at all. Have tried sennh bt nc 4.5, jbl run, and xbox wireless headset so far.

6 hours ago, DinJo said:

I could be wrong but earlier version of lg models only used to support specific lg headphones nothing other than that. Others can confirm

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Any BT headphone works but the connection is spotty. My buds+ are not usable with frequent drops and my pxc works but there are still hitches at times. I think the BT on the tv is not very good. 

All BT earbuds/headphones work. I use XM3s and PXC frequently with the TV, and mine's nearing 4 years. 

17 hours ago, Gavara Tarun said:

No no, I just got the table top stand. The LG folks were telling me the table top stand might not be in stock so installation might take more time if I insist on the table top stand.

But I made sure to make the Reliance Digital folks call their LG contacts before my purchase to ensure that the table top stand is in stock. So I got it.

The table top stand weighs a lot, its more worth it in terms of money than the wall mount. Also, I don't have separate speakers, I think the TV sound improves a minor bit with the table top stand.

Thanks I did the same with VS got them to confirm that the LG folks have the table stand and yes they do!

They also verbally confirmed it’s a sealed piece never used before, so Im going to take their word for it!

Booked mine, should arrive tomorrow and installation the day after :)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 12:06 PM, KunjanPSD said:

This is gonna be expensive but can't wait to see this tech in TVs. Might postpone buying a TV.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-s-OLED-TVs-could-be-in-trouble-Amazon-leaks-lower-than-expected-prices-for-the-Samsung-QD-OLED-TV-lineup.608819.0.html

Let's see if this price carries over to India.