The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Matlab they can quote anything they want. :lol:

Did you get GST paid bill, I see base price quotes is 1481, and rest is GST. 2600 seems to be quoted as over inflated price.

24 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Did you get GST paid bill, I see base price quotes is 1481, and rest is GST. 2600 seems to be quoted as over inflated price.

Yup. Final invoice from LG. 

Unit price 1164.6 0 

CGST 9 104.81

SGST 9 104.81

Total 1374.23

• Like 1

Peeps with LG OLED, does the internal player play titles with DV + DA correctly in recent times (recent encodes) ? 

I have seen this issue cropping in the last 6-8 months - if a rip has both DV+DA, all I get to see are weird purple blue greenish tinge. Basically the TV is unable to read DV data. Most recent example would be Halo E1 - MKV. Not sure about the MP4. 

Noticed the same issue with all Disney+ Marvel IMAX rips (which got released in the last 5-6 months or sooner). Older encoded files work fine. 

Edit: MP4 works. MKV doesn't. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Peeps with LG OLED, does the internal player play titles with DV + DA correctly in recent times (recent encodes) ? 

I have seen this issue cropping in the last 6-8 months - if a rip has both DV+DA, all I get to see are weird purple blue greenish tinge. Basically the TV is unable to read DV data. Most recent example would be Halo E1 - MKV. Not sure about the MP4. 

Noticed the same issue with all Disney+ Marvel IMAX rips (which got released in the last 5-6 months or sooner). Older encoded files work fine. 

Edit: MP4 works. MKV doesn't. 

Unrelated but don't get me started about TrueHD sound decoding :ranting:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I've had this happen when I play a DV encode on a non DV device 

So its possible the TV simply doesn't recognise the DV in the rip. 

Can you check if the description shows DV. 

It does. Guessing it's a profile+ container issue. MP4 works. MKV doesn't. 

36 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

On that note, any easy way to convert dts audio to something the TV can read. I download a movie only to discover it doesn't have non dts track and it's so frustrating. 

I know plex is an option but my shitty router is not able to reliably support media streams. 

There's no "easy" way unfortunately. You'll need to re-encode the entire AV stream. 

Pretty sh*t move by LG to remove DTS from newer models. 

8 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Will C1 55 inch drop below 1lakh this diwali or it'll stay the same price despite C2 launch ? 

By then at least i hope all C1 55 and above will be evo panels 

CX never dropped below 1.08L, so unlikely with C1

1 hour ago, Kenzooru said:

Got G1 installed today, thing is amazing. Even SDR content on OTT apps look amazing, I tried some Series X and PS5 games, everything a big step up from my LED set up. Very happy to get this in 1.40L.

Congrats man, Good decision instead of waiting for C2 as this has Evo panel already and C2 prices aren't guaranteed to reduce.

Did you buy it from Amazon - 1 Day Delivery Bangalore seller ? Sounded a bit shady so just make sure its not a demo piece or anything.

How many years is the warranty out of the Box ?

I got it from Amazon but it wasn’t a one day delivery, product was shipped for near Gurgaon, ordered on Thursday and it was delivered today even though I live in NCR myself. warranty is one year and they offered another year for 18k(said to be a discount but I don’t buy that). The TV showed zero hours when I checked during installation, so nothing more I can do. Didn’t see any wear or tear on the set either.

• Like 1

For LG CX or any OLED user: Do you guy get headache or uneasiness after an hour of viewing Dolby Vision content in Standard mode? Or Gaming on Game mode?

Edited by Aercy

9 hours ago, Aercy said:

For LG CX or any OLED user: Do you guy get headache or uneasiness after an hour of viewing Dolby Vision content in Standard mode? Or Gaming on Game mode?

Lol here its more like people have put in more hours watching, playing stuff on OLED than they ever did in their lives 

10 hours ago, Aercy said:

Why watch DV in Standard ? Cinema Home is the way to go. 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:27 PM, WhatsInTheName said:

Also check start of the bill. If there is any kind of discount there for using card EMI, then you are definitely not getting any cashback. 

I also got fooled by Reliance Digital. They told me to not cancel the EMI for 90 days and wait for cashback which never came. I called up HDFC and they refused to pay anything back to me. They  said, that that merchant cashback has already been paid to the merchant. I went to RD to fight and they said that the sales agent gave me incorrect info. I was never supposed to get the amount mentioned as merchant cashback. I requested for the sales agent and they claimed that he doesnt work with them anymore.

So, if you want to save interest by cancelling EMI, do it now. Dont wait 90 days. Anyways the interest you will save by immediate foreclosure should be more than that cashback amount. 

Yup I totally got scammed. Total is coming out to me for around Rs 1,20,700 + maybe 800 extra GST charges. Lost trust from Vijay sales

This what the guy at the counter showed me on the machine and said the charges will be "1,17,159 + around 1000 in gst charges, so total around 118k"

UWrA9Ms.jpg

Now they are backing out, even the Vijay sales head office is backing out and saying its 120,778 only. Going to stick to croma from next time

Edited by ox-

Man, that’s such a scummy behaviour from a brand retailer for a few thousand rupees. 

Also, day 2 of using the OLED and the options and settings are overwhelming. Right now, I can’t seem to figure out whether to use Dolby Vision on Series X for games or stick with HDR 10.