The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Hi, I am looking to buy a TV to use with my PS5. I don't have a large space so would be looking for something under 50 inches and my budget is about 50K (can be a bit flexible). I will be setting it up on my workstation and will be occasionally connecting my laptop to do some work stuff.  Can someone suggest some good options according to my needs and price point ?

Thanks,

A.W

On 3/29/2022 at 3:08 PM, ox- said:

Yup I totally got scammed. Total is coming out to me for around Rs 1,20,700 + maybe 800 extra GST charges. Lost trust from Vijay sales

This what the guy at the counter showed me on the machine and said the charges will be "1,17,159 + around 1000 in gst charges, so total around 118k"

UWrA9Ms.jpg

Now they are backing out, even the Vijay sales head office is backing out and saying its 120,778 only. Going to stick to croma from next time

Its like that with RD and Croma. Now, with Vijay Sales also doing the same, I think, its not retailer-dependent any more. Your final cost will always be what is shown as "Total amount (incl interest)", unless you cancel the EMI the very next day.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, awasay said:

Hi, I am looking to buy a TV to use with my PS5. I don't have a large space so would be looking for something under 50 inches and my budget is about 50K (can be a bit flexible). I will be setting it up on my workstation and will be occasionally connecting my laptop to do some work stuff.  Can someone suggest some good options according to my needs and price point ?

Thanks,

A.W

Hey you can check out Samsung’s AU9070 43 inch tv…it’s got decent specs ,….you can game 120hz @1080p resolution 

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-inches-Ultra-Smart-UA43AU9070ULXL/dp/B096BM7VBM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1J6UCIGANM1KC&keywords=au+9070&qid=1648661083&sprefix=Au+90%2Caps%2C245&sr=8-3

Theres also hisense U6g but that’s 55 inches

Never used TCL but maybe there’s an good option there

but you can search around a bit on YouTube too

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, awasay said:

Thanks,

A.W

Stick with Sony, Dont go for lg or samsung when it comes to led. You can get 42" Sony in that budget. 

17 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Its like that with RD and Croma. Now, with Vijay Sales also doing the same, I think, its not retailer-dependent any more. Your final cost will always be what is shown as "Total amount (incl interest)", unless you cancel the EMI the very next day.

I contacted ICICI they are saying there are no foreclosure fees if I cancel within 17 days from the transaction. So I still have 4-5 days left if I want to "close the EMI".

But Vijay sales is telling if I foreclose I may not get the 3 year warranty wtf? How do I ensure my 3 years warranty is actually registered with LG before closing the EMI?

The LG installation guy told me that your VS bill acts as a warranty card, so I'm super confused now :surprise:

Edited by ox-

34 minutes ago, ox- said:

I contacted ICICI they are saying there are no foreclosure fees if I cancel within 17 days from the transaction. So I still have 4-5 days left if I want to "close the EMI".

But Vijay sales is telling if I foreclose I may not get the 3 year warranty wtf? How do I ensure my 3 years warranty is actually registered with LG before closing the EMI?

The LG installation guy told me that your VS bill acts as a warranty card, so I'm super confused now :surprise:

Screw VS.

Drop a mail and then go on Twitter.

There is no relation between the EMI and the warranty.

You should already have a bill by now anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ox- said:

VS has already got the money from ICICI for this transaction. I don't know why they don't want you to cancel ? Sounds absolutely ridiculous and very unlike VS. Take it up with the seniors don't let this slide. 

• Like 1

Thanks folks, super appreciate all the help?! I've spoken to ICICI, VS, and LG people.

Registered product on my-lg website shows only 1 year as warranty. Spoke to LG person he said the extended 2 years warranty will be honored as TV is purchased in the offer date from VS which is a connected dealer. So LG will need the dealer's BILL and you should get 3 years warranty total.

Asked VS and they sent me a PDF version of "Extended warranty card" which has the same thing written "OLEDs bought before 31st March 2022 will get 2 years additional warranty"

Don't have any physical warranty card, asked them if they can send me this.

Also asked ICICI rep to send me final foreclosure amount/last date.

But going to close this emi only if I can get a physical extended warranty card from VS/LG, or just let this slide. Don't want to go and waste more time on this. Also scared that they might make a fuss later on if I try to claim warranty because of some lame excuse like "you closed EMI so offer not valid" crap. 2 years of warranty is more important to me than 5k.

Waiting for a reply. Hope I can get this sorted easily, I might have a head office contact will keep that as my last option.

Edited by ox-

50 minutes ago, ox- said:

Thanks folks, super appreciate all the help?! I've spoken to ICICI, VS, and LG people.

Registered product on my-lg website shows only 1 year as warranty. Spoke to LG person he said the extended 2 years warranty will be honored as TV is purchased in the offer date from VS which is a connected dealer. So LG will need the dealer's BILL and you should get 3 years warranty total.

Asked VS and they sent me a PDF version of "Extended warranty card" which has the same thing written "OLEDs bought before 31st March 2022 will get 2 years additional warranty"

Don't have any physical warranty card, asked them if they can send me this.

Also asked ICICI rep to send me final foreclosure amount/last date.

But going to close this emi only if I can get a physical extended warranty card from VS/LG, or just let this slide. Don't want to go and waste more time on this. Also scared that they might make a fuss later on if I try to claim warranty because of some lame excuse like "you closed EMI so offer not valid" crap. 2 years of warranty is more important to me than 5k.

Waiting for a reply. Hope I can get this sorted easily, I might have a head office contact will keep that as my last option.

Bro, they will only ask you for a bill.

Even an e-bill or e-warranty card will work.

They won't even get to know that you have closed your EMI early, LG and VS have already been paid.

You will just deal with the LG service guys.

You can do it without any issue.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, awasay said:

Thanks,

A.W

I did some TV research recently when I got the 43 inch Samsung Q60A. None of the tvs have good brightness levels required for HDR content which I feel is a must for ps5. The only TVs which are decent are Sony X80, X85, Samsung Q60A and frame.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

On that note, any easy way to convert dts audio to something the TV can read. I download a movie only to discover it doesn't have non dts track and it's so frustrating. 

I know plex is an option but my shitty router is not able to reliably support media streams. 

For dts file, select linear pcm from lg tv settings it’ll work but will have lossless stereo audio 

I don't know if it's my TV or the slow pen drive I'm connecting.  I am unable to watch proper 4k content from a pen drive to my TV. It's a Samsung TV with it's own sh*t OS. I just want to watch 4k movies which I download via torrents.

9 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

I don't know if it's my TV or the slow pen drive I'm connecting.  I am unable to watch proper 4k content from a pen drive to my TV. It's a Samsung TV with it's own sh*t OS. I just want to watch 4k movies which I download via torrents.

It works fine on my Samsung TV. When you say unable to watch, you mean it doesn't run? 

Samsung TVs are not Dolby compatible so those Dolby videos ain't gonna work. Try non Dolby 4k versions. 

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

It works fine on my Samsung TV. When you say unable to watch, you mean it doesn't run? 

Samsung TVs are not Dolby compatible so those Dolby videos ain't gonna work. Try non Dolby 4k versions. 

It runs for a while. If I fast forward it, it hangs. Only tried a 13 GB version of Avengers from a 14 GB old pen drive. 

best TV to get under a lac for dad, not too held up on refresh rate, thinking of X80AJ, will go check it out today.

COming to around 93.5 for 65" on amazon after 5% amazon pay cashback

Sony TV