The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Finally got my C1 today. But had a few hiccups along the way.

ICICI wouldn’t allow my purchase to go through no matter how many times I called them up. Happened while I went to the store to make the full payment and I later called them up again and asked to allow the purchase to go through. They said they’ve sorted it out, so I scheduled delivery and told the shop I’ll pay on delivery.

On the day of delivery, same problem persisted. Ended up having to use another card with no cashback offer available, so paid 1.2 instead or 1.08.

Shitty experience with the purchase but it’s a long term investment and I’m getting 3 years warranty instead of 1 when I look at Amazon listings. Can’t wait for this to get installed tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Finally got my C1 today. But had a few hiccups along the way.

ICICI wouldn’t allow my purchase to go through no matter how many times I called them up. Happened while I went to the store to make the full payment and I later called them up again and asked to allow the purchase to go through. They said they’ve sorted it out, so I scheduled delivery and told the shop I’ll pay on delivery.

On the day of delivery, same problem persisted. Ended up having to use another card with no cashback offer available, so paid 1.2 instead or 1.08.

Shitty experience with the purchase but it’s a long term investment and I’m getting 3 years warranty instead of 1 when I look at Amazon listings. Can’t wait for this to get installed tomorrow.

which store did you buy it from, RD also had a 12K cashback on HDFC card.

Congrats on the purchase, you will have a great time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

which store did you buy it from, RD also had a 12K cashback on HDFC card.

Congrats on the purchase, you will have a great time.

Videotronics, Indiranagar 

Thanks, man! I was blown away by the PQ at the store so getting this was a no brainer. Slightly bummed about the cashback so I’ll have to kinda compensate by living on a tighter budget the next couple of months (or pickup more freelance projects, either/or)

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Wait till Diwali mate, that is the best time and you get best price to buy!!

I liked the Neo QLED also, but well blacks are blacks only on OLED, though the former  gets really bright.

Will wait thanks

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

@Sunaku: Unless the TV purchase is absolutely necessary right now, I'd vote for waiting, too.

Not absolutely necessary, but my LCD TV is showing its age. So I can wait a few months

I also want to buy C1 , but I'm thinking about reflections because I play in a well lit room during day as well as night time

There are no windows or tubelight in line of sight of the, but there is one to the left of it

I've enclosed pics below

Dark scene from dark knight rises(that's bane :P) 

UlnsCBX.jpg

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

Windows/ balcony to the left

HSAIDOK.jpg

Tubelight 10 inches to the left side of me

Not in line of sight of tv

zAdIQnx.jpg

My question is Whether reflections on OLED will be worse than this while playing in a well lit room?

I dont prefer dark room gaming due to medical reasons.

So should i go for oled or FALD x90j?

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

11 hours ago, Snake said:

Not absolutely necessary, but my LCD TV is showing its age. So I can wait a few months

By Diwali, it will all be C2/G2, if you can score C1 for cheap anytime before that, like less than 1.1L then go for it.

25 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I also want to buy C1 , but I'm thinking about reflections because I play in a well lit room during day as well as night time

There are no windows or tubelight in line of sight of the, but there is one to the left of it

I've enclosed pics below

UlnsCBX.jpg

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

HSAIDOK.jpg

zAdIQnx.jpg

My question is Whether reflections on OLED will be worse than this while playing in a well lit room?

That's pretty bright and direct. In that case I would suggest something brighter than C1 OLEDs.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's pretty bright and direct. In that case I would suggest something brighter than C1 OLEDs.

No paisa for G1 :'( Max budget is 1 lakh. Anything within 1 lakh with specs like C1 or x90j that'll suit my needs?QN90a is good but no Dolby vision is a letdown

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I've said it before but... 

The reason FALD is considered better in bright rooms is because of higher brightness. X90j brightness is same as C1 so it'll have absolutely zero benefit compared to it. 

If you want to use a TV in a bright room, you need to get the flagship FALD TVs like x95 which will cost you. 

You can use rtings to compare specs. 

The window is actually not a problem. But the light is. Direct lighting f**ks the IQ. Still manageable tbh. 

There is no direct lighting to the TV bro 

Light is on the left side of the room

I did a specs comparison of c1 and x90j and in terms of handling reflections, C1 apparently does a better job lol

But as I said there is no direct light falling on the tv

I can use curtains to minimise daytime light and use oled right?

But  x95j is definitely out of my budget

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah pretty much. My TV actually has direct light and curtains solve the issue completely. 

Ya i can do that

Night time using tubelight won't be an issue i assume. It's not in line with the tv at all

15 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I've enclosed pics below

UlnsCBX.jpg

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

HSAIDOK.jpg

zAdIQnx.jpg

OLED with curtains is the way to go. 

Also, LG service charges are decent. Sony charges f**king 800 bucks to unmount the TV, another 800 to remount. I'm sure other charges are also exorbitant. I recently had to get C8s' motherboard changed, and it was surprisingly affordable.

Not to mention Android TV is a sh*thole. WebOS is lub. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

OLED with curtains is the way to go. 

Also, LG service charges are decent. Sony charges f**king 800 bucks to unmount the TV, another 800 to remount. I'm sure other charges are also exorbitant. I recently had to get C8s' motherboard changed, and it was surprisingly affordable.

Not to mention Android TV is a sh*thole. WebOS is lub. 

Nice!!

Ya bro I have curtains  for the windows. Can use them to hide the glare on screen. Only concern was while using  tubelight at night. I don't prefer dark room gaming. But ya tubelight isn't in the line of sight if the TV, so I assume it'll be OK?

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Some offers running for LG Oleds.

Like cashback + free soundbar and 1 emi free, not sure about specifics but worth to check out.

U mean the ad posted on the LG website? I called the CC and asked about it , they said there is no such offer

Bc they're useless 

I guess I'll go to the store and check it out

Got the C1 48 inch at 87.3k and with emi amount it works out to 88.1k :)

Installation tomorrow.

Anyone here using any other vesa mount for your OLED? Please let me know . Or should I opt for whatever wall mount LG is offering. Because I want it to protrude a bit ahead and  rotate easily so that I have easy access to the back ports

fBaoQ3Y.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Got the C1 48 inch at 87.3k and with emi amount it works out to 88.1k :)

Installation tomorrow.

Anyone here using any other vesa mount for your OLED? Please let me know . Or should I opt for whatever wall mount LG is offering. Because I want it to protrude a bit ahead and  rotate easily so that I have easy access to the back ports

Congrats !! The TV stand is pretty sturdy and expensive if you want to buy later... If you are going to use the stand in the future opt for the stand and then buy a third party or LG wall mount itself

hide the mobile number :P 

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Congrats !! The TV stand is pretty sturdy and expensive if you want to buy later... If you are going to use the stand in the future opt for the stand and then buy a third party or LG wall mount itself

hide the mobile number :P

Thanks bro!!

Ya ya I've told them to give the stand and wall mount too. They said stand they usually exclude only if it's 55 inches and above

That's not my mobile number....that's the merchant's i e. LG number I assume :bigyellowgrin:

• Like 1

So the c1 was installed and literally zero reflections in bright room or with lights on :bigyellowgrin: Even during dark scenes

iuYm7WO.jpeg

And @Assassins Creed bhai you were right , there was no table top in the box :/

They have wall mounted it. I contacted Devi International to see if they can arrange a table top (which is pretty useless for me as my big a*s soundbar will block the screen if placed on the table top) at no cost. But they said it’s not possible.

No regrets anyways.

Tv is really amazing, just need to calibrate the colour settings as vivid Is crap and other modes are okish. Will check rtings for the ideal settings.

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 3