The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

17 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

So the c1 was installed and literally zero reflections in bright room or with lights on :bigyellowgrin: Even during dark scenes

iuYm7WO.jpeg

And @Assassins Creed bhai you were right , there was no table top in the box :/

They have wall mounted it. I contacted Devi International to see if they can arrange a table top (which is pretty useless for me as my big a*s soundbar will block the screen if placed on the table top) at no cost. But they said it’s not possible.

No regrets anyways.

Tv is really amazing, just need to calibrate the colour settings as vivid Is crap and other modes are okish. Will check rtings for the ideal settings.

Yeah it won't be in the box anymore.  You need to choose either at the time of purchase..

Anyways have fun, real eye candy life begins now...

• Like 1

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Yeah it won't be in the box anymore.  You need to choose either at the time of purchase..

Anyways have fun, real eye candy life begins now...

Yeah he (Devi international guy) told that they've discontinued shipping with stand in the box. No issues.

But yeah this tv is really good. Especially I'm liking the Dolby vision content. So good.

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Rtings do refer. Expert dark room for sdr and cinema Home for HDR is best. It'll look dull in the beginning but it's amazing.

Give it a few days. If it's still dull, switch the colour balance to warm 1 from warm 2.

Will try these 

thanks 

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Rtings do refer. Expert dark room for sdr and cinema Home for HDR is best. It'll look dull in the beginning but it's amazing.

+1

ISF dark/bright room for SDR content, depending out your taste for content brightness.

Cinema home with AI brightness enabled for HDR content. 

Also stay away from vivid mode.

21 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

@silv3rgunn3r: Welcome to the dark side... 

Happy The Simpsons GIF

Thank you!! :hi:

Btw guys, whoever purchased OLED this year . Did u get a warranty card? I didn't get one.

I asked the shop where I got it. They mentioned that bill will suffice. No card needed.

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Thank you!! :hi:

Btw guys, whoever purchased OLED this year . Did u get a warranty card? I didn't get one.

I asked the shop where I got it. They mentioned that bill will suffice. No card needed.

Yes, that's pretty much how it works now. LG will have a record of your serial number and warranty for X number of years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sushantade said:

Guys in a dilemma. Hisense U6G (53k) or Samasung QN90A 50 inch (80k)? Durability is my priority. Hisense is providing 3 years warranty. Havent got demo or info on Samsung. What should I do?

Tagging @WhatsInTheName for Hisense impressions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, sushantade said:

Guys in a dilemma. Hisense U6G (53k) or Samasung QN90A 50 inch (80k)? Durability is my priority. Hisense is providing 3 years warranty. Havent got demo or info on Samsung. What should I do?

Have you visited stores for this? If not it's better to go there and decide for yourself

1 minute ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Have you visited stores for this? If not it's better to go there and decide for yourself

I have  indeed visited stores and planning to do more research.  point of the post is if there are any existing users here maybe they can shed some light on their experience regarding performance, issues, after sales support etc.

1 hour ago, sushantade said:

I have  indeed visited stores and planning to do more research.  point of the post is if there are any existing users here maybe they can shed some light on their experience regarding performance, issues, after sales support etc.

Ah ok 

Then ya you can ask the person tagged above about his u6g experience.

But usually after sales stuff varies from place to place anyways I think :scratchchin:

Like LG in my area is terrible whereas it's better in other parts of Bangalore I've heard it's good.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:06 PM, sushantade said:

I got U6G 55" a month or so back. Can't really comment on the durability yet. The remote is sh*t though. Customer care has been responsive so far in resolving issues. All service and installation is outsourced. So, your mileage may vary. 

Image quality wise - I am very happy with the price I paid. Blacks are deep. Contrast is pretty good and games look really good. A very clear step up from my previous TV (a VU LED tv)

btw, which seller is giving you 3 yrs warranty on HiSense? Their own website has only 1 year. As does Amazon. 

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I got U6G 55" a month or so back. Can't really comment on the durability yet. The remote is sh*t though. Customer care has been responsive so far in resolving issues. All service and installation is outsourced. So, your mileage may vary. 

Image quality wise - I am very happy with the price I paid. Blacks are deep. Contrast is pretty good and games look really good. A very clear step up from my previous TV (a VU LED tv)

btw, which seller is giving you 3 yrs warranty on HiSense? Their own website has only 1 year. As does Amazon. 

Thanks for detailed information. How is the gaming performance? (I am mostly into Single player games so 60Hz is fine for me) Had a talk with Hisense customer care and they told if you buy it from croma you can avail 3 years warranty.

19 hours ago, sushantade said:

Thanks for detailed information. How is the gaming performance? (I am mostly into Single player games so 60Hz is fine for me) Had a talk with Hisense customer care and they told if you buy it from croma you can avail 3 years warranty.

In general, its good. For IQ, need to check out all the picture presets to see which one you like. There is no dedicated Gaming preset when connected to console. Not sure what you mean by performance but the latency numbers for this tv on rtings.com were promising. 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:11 PM, WhatsInTheName said:

In general, its good. For IQ, need to check out all the picture presets to see which one you like. There is no dedicated Gaming preset when connected to console. Not sure what you mean by performance but the latency numbers for this tv on rtings.com were promising. 

Got demo with few sample videos yesterday. I'm amazed. Regarding performance I'm asking about HDR Gaming performance.  Although they have raised price by 4k so I'm holding right now.