The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

I am looking to buy the new QD-OLED TVs (either Samsung S95B or Sony A95K), but I don't see them on sale anywhere in India. Can anyone please guide me how to keep track of whenever these launch in India (or of they will launch at all in India, based on previous product line-up launch histories)? Or any number of local sellers/dealers who can get me one?

Currently on a C9 OLED but will move it to main hall and will keep QD-OLED for my PC/PS5 gaming setup. These look a real step-up from traditional OLEDs and I am itching to buy one.

Edited by kittoo

On 4/26/2022 at 9:59 PM, kittoo said:

I am looking to buy the new QD-OLED TVs (either Samsung S95B or Sony A95K), but I don't see them on sale anywhere in India. Can anyone please guide me how to keep track of whenever these launch in India (or of they will launch at all in India, based on previous product line-up launch histories)? Or any number of local sellers/dealers who can get me one?

Currently on a C9 OLED but will move it to main hall and will keep QD-OLED for my PC/PS5 gaming setup. These look a real step-up from traditional OLEDs and I am itching to buy one.

Anyone? :(

11 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I guess check around October or November time because it is yet to be released in US,Uk etc because lg c2 which has just released in US Uk is yet to released here

S95B did get released in US around 2 weeks back but I get your point- that these TVs release much later in India than in those territories. I suppose they release here after demand has been saturated there. 

Thanks bro. Will wait a few months. Hopefully good discounts during diwali/holiday season.

The new TV by VU - Vu the masterpiece glow looks like an amazing TV - Has all the features of top of the line TV's - 4k QLED tv - 10 bit IPS panel , Full array local dimming with 800 nits peak brightness , 120 Hz with VRR , freesync , Dolby Vision , HDR10 , 2.1 HDMI port (2 out of 4)  with 100W speakers .

Design and build quality looks fantastic as well .

Price 75k for 55 inch. 

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:29 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Posted a few pages back 

But I bought for 88k 

Hey , by any chance did you enquire about the cost of the 55 inch ? 

I called up a local LG store here in Pune and I asked them about the price of the 55 C1, he first quoted about 1.23 L including all cash backs n all. I told him I'm not looking to buy a tv now , unless it's an offer I can't refuse. Then he asked me what's the budget , I told him between 1 and 1.10 L  and he.s like " ho Jaye ga sir , aap store ko aa jao pehle " 

4 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

I called up a local LG store here in Pune and I asked them about the price of the 55 C1, he first quoted about 1.23 L including all cash backs n all. I told him I'm not looking to buy a tv now , unless it's an offer I can't refuse. Then he asked me what's the budget , I told him between 1 and 1.10 L  and he.s like " ho Jaye ga sir , aap store ko aa jao pehle " 

They were quoting 1.2 lakhs at Croma for the 55 inch

i,guess if u bargain they may reduce to 1.10 lakhs

but try your luck

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Got the C1 48 inch at 87.3k and with emi amount it works out to 88.1k :)

Installation tomorrow.

Anyone here using any other vesa mount for your OLED? Please let me know . Or should I opt for whatever wall mount LG is offering. Because I want it to protrude a bit ahead and  rotate easily so that I have easy access to the back ports

fBaoQ3Y.jpeg

Update on the LG c1 48 payment

Though it was finally billed 88.1k with 6 months emi . . I requested hdfc for preclosure of the emi for the tv. They told me vendor side the payment was further reduced to Rs 84.9 . So I was told to pay 84.9k  :bigyellowgrin:

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Update on the LG c1 48 payment

Though it was finally billed 88.1k with 6 months emi . . I requested hdfc for preclosure of the emi for the tv. They told me vendor side the payment was further reduced to Rs 84.9 . So I was told to pay 84.9k  :bigyellowgrin:

The opportunity cost of the 85k might be worth more though. If you pay by EMI it's just 500 rupees per month extra. Stock market has just gone down, good time to invest in shares . But I guess this is a debate for another thread. 

23 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

The opportunity cost of the 85k might be worth more though. If you pay by EMI it's just 500 rupees per month extra. Stock market has just gone down, good time to invest in shares . But I guess this is a debate for another thread. 

Does it vary with 6 months payment? Because I was billed 88.1 during April and now 85. Any further margin beyond 88k is a win for me :P

but anyways i got reimbursed by my company for buying this :fear:

15 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Does it vary with 6 months payment? Because I was billed 88.1 during April and now 85. Any further margin beyond 88k is a win for me :P

Bhai har cheez pe opportunity nhi dekhte.

Phir toh 50 saal ki House EMI bna lo and stock market me laga do.

Enjoy your new TV.

56 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Enjoy your new TV.

Ya ya enjoying it for sure bro ...what a tv holy sh*t.....but was surprised to see the price go down even further after being billed 88k settled complete account with hdfc 

And @Mr. Comingletried your settings you recommended in previous page and for bright room too it looks really good !

On 5/6/2022 at 9:33 PM, arjun_sasuke said:

wait till diwali if you can

On 5/6/2022 at 9:33 PM, arjun_sasuke said:

5 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

As per my understanding,  here.s how it works , whenever you buy it on 0% EMI , the upfront cost is discounted further in the backend , I'm not sure who pays this , the retailer or the bank.

So basically,  now in their system , you have taken a loan of 85k @ 12% interest rates or something ,  and after 6 months your total outgoing inclusive of Interest will be 88k. So basically you are trying to shortclose that loan 6 months in advance , that's why it's only 85k for you now. 

My argument was that you.re better off paying 6 instalments of 14684/- rather than pay off 85k now. 

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Enjoy your new TV.

Arey , I'm not telling him not to buy a tv and invest the money. I'm saying,  don't prepay , and invest the money instead. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Diwali is still so far away , and I wonder how much of a cost difference can it be then. Minimum of Rs.1 lakh ? Wondering if the wait is worth it for an additional 10k. ( considering that I've been wanting to buy an OLED since the C9 came out :fear1:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Diwali is still so far away , and I wonder how much of a cost difference can it be then. Minimum of Rs.1 lakh ? Wondering if the wait is worth it for an additional 10k. ( considering that I've been wanting to buy an OLED since the C9 came out :fear1:

lol, ive been waiting to buy one as well, but for me. A savings a saving