The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

16 hours ago, kruzzo said:

Xiaomi has recently launched an oled tv too, no idea how it compares against LG though. 

Xiaomi OLED Vision TV 55

I have a feeling this maybe similar to the cheaper LG A1 series of tvs, the refresh rate of this TV is 60hz, so probably has similar panels to the A1. 

C1 55 inch was minimum at 1.35. No offers. Will wait for C2 which will be available at 1.50 and buy during some festival offers. Croma guy said it's almost out of stock everywhere and will see if he can get C1 for me at 1.15. 

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

C1 55 inch was minimum at 1.35. No offers. Will wait for C2 which will be available at 1.50 and buy during some festival offers. Croma guy said it's almost out of stock everywhere and will see if he can get C1 for me at 1.15. 

C1 for 1.15-1.2 will be the standard post cashback/discount price, get it if you can.

Generally as soon as the new gen releases, LG pulls out the old supply.

C2 will be available for 1.2 as well but only around Dussehra and Diwali.

I need a new TV too and I am gonna wait till then as I don't trust LG to provide extended software support to their devices, they always prioritise new models for features and even a year old sets get the same months down the line, happened with the DV fix.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

C1 for 1.15-1.2 will be the standard post cashback/discount price, get it if you can.

Generally as soon as the new gen releases, LG pulls out the old supply.

C2 will be available for 1.2 as well but only around Dussehra and Diwali.

I need a new TV too and I am gonna wait till then as I don't trust LG to provide extended software support to their devices, they always prioritise new models for features and even a year old sets get the same months down the line, happened with the DV fix.

Ya rather wait unless I get it for 1.20 or less.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

C2 is better.

Hardly much difference between C1 and G1. Really difference only came in G2.

Go for C1 at 1.15 if that is doable, no point in spending extra for G1.

G1 has same panel as C2 he said. The evo panel whatever 

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

G1 has same panel as C2 he said. The evo panel whatever 

Yes, evo panel first made it through in G1. And then LG brought it to C2 but if you check, C2 has more consistent brightness numbers across the window size and even goes brighter than G1.

They refined it quite well for C2, if you compare G1 to C1, I don't see it worth the extra bucks right now.

15 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yes, evo panel first made it through in G1. And then LG brought it to C2 but if you check, C2 has more consistent brightness numbers across the window size and even goes brighter than G1.

They refined it quite well for C2, if you compare G1 to C1, I don't see it worth the extra bucks right now.

If you check this video then G1 seems to be better now than C2 unless they fix the brightness and tone mapping in firmware update:

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

If you check this video then G1 seems to be better now than C2 unless they fix the brightness and tone mapping in firmware update:

This will get fixed. At stock, C2 was performing much better.

6 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Guys , I'm getting an offer of Rs.114000/- for the 55 inch C1. Including cashbacks and everything. This is the lowest I could negotiate. Feel like this is a good price , opinions ? 

Buy or if you could wait then C2 for around 1.2L around Diwali.

Edited by KunjanPSD

On 5/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, arjun_sasuke said:

Guys , I'm getting an offer of Rs.114000/- for the 55 inch C1. Including cashbacks and everything. This is the lowest I could negotiate. Feel like this is a good price , opinions ? 

C1 was available at Croma in Delhi for 108k. Can share sales guy's number but not sure what he could do for pune. This quote was from last month. 

Edited by Bluebolt05

5 hours ago, Bluebolt05 said:

C1 was available at Croma in Delhi for 108k. Can share sales guy's number but not sure what he could do for pune. This quote was from last month. 

Oh nice , that's atleast 6k cheaper , maybe I should hold on for a bit. I had gone to Croma earlier in the month to buy an AC , but I didn't ask about the TV prices then. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting a speaker system but sound quality of G1 is pretty damn good. Speaker would have been an overkill. The Atmos supported content sounds great. Stranger things, even mandalorian sounded great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I was thinking of getting a speaker system but sound quality of G1 is pretty damn good. Speaker would have been an overkill. The Atmos supported content sounds great. Stranger things, even mandalorian sounded great.

I like the C1 speakers too. Not sure if G1 is better but in C1 at least it lacks the bass like you get even with a basic 2.1 setup.

Not only C1 , i guess the lack of good bass is in all the TV speakers