The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

41 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I like the C1 speakers too. Not sure if G1 is better but in C1 at least it lacks the bass like you get even with a basic 2.1 setup.

Not only C1 , i guess the lack of good bass is in all the TV speakers 

Ya bass is less but it's fine and more than good enough for TV shows etc. G1 speakers are 60 watt vs C1 40 watt.

• Like 1

My C1 has been acting weird this morning. Audio works on TV speakers when I’m using any HDMI input but won’t output any sound while using webOS apps. Has anyone faced that issue? I don’t want to reset the TV right away if I can avoid it since I’ll have to calibrate everything all over again but it obviously isn’t a hardware issue

3 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

My C1 has been acting weird this morning. Audio works on TV speakers when I’m using any HDMI input but won’t output any sound while using webOS apps. Has anyone faced that issue? I don’t want to reset the TV right away if I can avoid it since I’ll have to calibrate everything all over again but it obviously isn’t a hardware issue

Weird...Simply turn off and on and removing main power cable should fix these issues like a soft reset.. 

49 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Weird...Simply turn off and on and removing main power cable should fix these issues like a soft reset.. 

tried that. Didn’t work. Called up LG customer care and they asked me to just reset the TV and see if it works. That was their only solution smh. Audio works now. Gotta sit through HDTVTEST videos all over again welp 

• Sad 1

Vu Masterpiece glo Qled is also a good option . Has slightly more brightness than Hisense U6G and - Also it has a 120 Hz panel and supports VRR as well . Although these last two features won't be of much use to your parents . So probably better to go with Hisense and save money . And use that money for a good soundbar .

Hisense U6G costs  - 78k and VU masterpiece glo - 1L for 65 inch variants. 

Edited by Krazyniks

7 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Vu Masterpiece glo Qled is also a good option . Has slightly more brightness than Hisense U6G and - Also it has a 120 Hz panel and supports VRR as well . Although these last two features won't be of much use to your parents . So probably better to go with Hisense and save money . And use that money for a good soundbar .

Thanks. I'll pass the information to my folks. They already have a denon + Q Acoustics speaker setup for their current TV so they don't care about TV sounds :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

11 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Thanks. I'll pass the information to my folks. They already have a denon + Q Acoustics speaker setup for their current TV so they don't care about TV sounds :) 

I bought a Vu 55" 4k HDR Android TV in 2019 and has given me nothing but trouble. It wasn't a high end TV or anything (cost ~40k) but after around a year it started restarting randomly, often within 5mns of last restart. Got it repaired for 4k but same issue popped up within 2 months again. Then it stopped registering the remote. No updates ever came and too laggy within 2 years. Its an immensely frustrating experience. Will soon replace it with a good brand TV such as LG, Sony or Samsung.

That TV just sucks. Will never buy VU again. Posting it just as an FYI.

3 hours ago, kittoo said:

I bought a Vu 55" 4k HDR Android TV in 2019 and has given me nothing but trouble. It wasn't a high end TV or anything (cost ~40k) but after around a year it started restarting randomly, often within 5mns of last restart. Got it repaired for 4k but same issue popped up within 2 months again. Then it stopped registering the remote. No updates ever came and too laggy within 2 years. Its an immensely frustrating experience. Will soon replace it with a good brand TV such as LG, Sony or Samsung.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience of yours . I know a few who have purchased VU Premium TV 55 inch and are generally happy with it. But yeah bigger brands would definitely provide much better after sales service in case you face issues with TV .

15 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Okay cool. Also in case they  are worried about after sales / don't trust brands like VU / Hisense ( which is completely okay ) then Samsung the Frame Tv 65 inch Qled TV is a very good option. 

It retails for 1.2L but you can negotiate and get it close to 1 after Card discounts.  

On 6/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, kittoo said:

If you're looking for cheap TVs get a TCL instead.

Question: Do you all use any voltage stabilizer specifically for the TV? 

My house doesn't handle fluctuations that well. Has old internal wiring apparently. Has f**ked my soundbar's motherboard previously. Thank god soundbar was in warranty. Currently it's just plugged to a spike buster/spike guard. Thinking of buying a stabilizer. Please suggest one in case anyone uses it.

31 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

My house doesn't handle fluctuations that well. Has old internal wiring apparently. Has f**ked my soundbar's motherboard previously. Thank god soundbar was in warranty. Currently it's just plugged to a spike buster/spike guard. Thinking of buying a stabilizer. Please suggest one in case anyone uses it.

Yes. Better to be safe than sorry. Buy a v guard stabiliser. This is the one that I use. 

V-Guard Voltino Grand TV Voltage Stabilizer for Upto 203 cm 80" Smart TV, Set Top Box (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/1yT3cvp

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I only use good quality spike guards with all our TV's and they have been serving us well since years. There are occasional voltage fluctuations in our area as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I only use good quality spike guards with all our TV's and they have been serving us well since years. There are occasional voltage fluctuations in our area as well. 

Will do that as well

1 hour ago, Nikushimi said:

Yes. Better to be safe than sorry. Buy a v guard stabiliser. This is the one that I use. 

V-Guard Voltino Grand TV Voltage Stabilizer for Upto 203 cm 80" Smart TV, Set Top Box (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/1yT3cvp

Thanks!

On 6/17/2022 at 7:31 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

I could be very wrong but from what I've read, TVs already have stabilizers and don't need an external one.

Edited by Kumar123

4 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

I could be very wrong but from what I've read, TVs already have stabilizers and don't need an external one.

Ya but I don't want to take further risk as my house is prone to severe fluctuations which had already affected my soundbar.....thank God soundbar was in warranty. The motherboard was replaced free of cost. So won't take any further risk