The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Ya but I don't want to take further risk as my house is prone to severe fluctuations which had already affected my soundbar.....thank God soundbar was in warranty. The motherboard was replaced free of cost. So won't take any further risk 

You can put your TV on the inverter, that should take care of the spikes. Can also enable UPS mode on your inverter.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

You can put your TV on the inverter, that should take care of the spikes. Can also enable UPS mode on your inverter.

Entire home runs on inverter itself and it's in UPS mode....and inspite of that fluctuations are still fkin up my devices lol. 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

Entire home runs on inverter itself and it's in UPS mode....and inspite of that fluctuations are still fkin up my devices lol. 

That's very weird. Maybe the inverter is just passing the direct supply through and not regulating it. Shouldn't be the case on the UPS mode.

Is your inverter sine wave?

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's very weird. Maybe the inverter is just passing the direct supply through and not regulating it. Shouldn't be the case on the UPS mode.

Is your inverter sine wave?

Not sure if sine wave or not ...should check....what if it's sine wave?

9 hours ago, Pushy said:

Nope, not available at my pincode

Check this. No idea about the vendor though

Take a look at this LG 122 cm (48 inch) OLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV on Flipkart

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/KzuXx0uuuN

But best is to go and ask locally

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Will do dat

Edited by Pushy
Fk not available

22 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

LG best shop has a physical presence and got a 4 rating. Seller for 1 year and 9 months in FK.

Seems safe?

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

LG best shop has a physical presence and got a 4 rating. Seller for 1 year and 9 months in FK.

Seems safe?

It's upto you bro. Personally I'm not aware of them. If you feel they'll deliver as promise, then you can try. But i still suggest it's better to get it locally.

You'll get it for lesser than what FK is offering. I got  the same model for 85k locally in mid April (there was no sale going on) whereas you can see the prices online retailers are selling it way higher prices.

Guys....

Is it better to get the C1 table top stand as a backup now itself? 

Currently my tv is wall mounted

But in case i want to place it on a table instead at a later date, i may then need it then

I'm thinking C1 tabletop stand may not available after maybe 3-4years or so?

Anyone has any idea regarding this?

It's upto you bro. Personally I'm not aware of them. If you feel they'll deliver as promise, then you can try. But i still suggest it's better to get it locally.

You'll get it for lesser than what FK is offering. I got  the same model for 85k locally in mid April (there was no sale going on) whereas you can see the prices online retailers are selling it way higher prices.

I see. It depends on the local shop. Which shop and city are you referring to when you got your TV?

I am in Bangalore. 85k is a steal. 

Edited by Mysteryman

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

One more thing - I like to ask is do LG oled C1 TVs come with a table stand? Or does it come separately?

When I got the CX last year, I was told that LG India doesn't include the stand as standard on all OLEDs. I had to opt for it and wait for another 2 days for installation as the "stand was not in stock." Pretty sure, whoever the local LG decision-makers were, wanted to save on the cost and save a stand for later.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

One more thing - I like to ask is do LG oled C1 TVs come with a table stand? Or does it come separately?

14 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

When I got the CX last year, I was told that LG India doesn't include the stand as standard on all OLEDs. I had to opt for it and wait for another 2 days for installation as the "stand was not in stock." Pretty sure, whoever the local LG decision-makers were, wanted to save on the cost and save a stand for later.

Yeah now it's either wall mount or stand :rant:

I opted for wall mount due to space constraints on table 

• Thanks 1

Guys, any idea if Sony Bravia full array led - x95j is better than x85j ? The difference in price is substantial.  Wanted to know if it's worth the upgrade ?

Also generally, are Sony tv better than lg in the premium segments (1L and above)?  LG C2 is around 1.6L for 55", but the showroom guy said it's not up for display and Sony is always better in terms of PQ. Any suggestions ?

Edited by Ne0

Thanks man, will avoid it then, x95j is around 1.1L now, maybe lesser with cashback and all, worth it or better to wait for c2 ? Also as i know C2 is OLED, doesn't it have a shorter life compared to other led tv ?