The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Thanks man, will avoid it then, x95j is around 1.1L now, maybe lesser with cashback and all, worth it or better to wait for c2 ? Also as i know C2 is OLED, doesn't it have a shorter life compared to other led tv ?

OLED is a new technology and it keeps improving. The newer models have better ways to prevent burn in/ image retention. So imo with newer models i don't think you can predict the low shelf life now itself. But if the TV is mainly for set top box viewing I'd avoid OLED. Else it's upto you. 

Also sony has released this year's new k series tv , so i guess even x90k too will be available sooner than C2.

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x90k-x93k-x94k-series

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

16 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

OLED is a new technology and it keeps improving. The newer models have better ways to prevent burn in/ image retention. So imo with newer models i don't think you can predict the low shelf life now itself. But if the TV is mainly for set top box viewing I'd avoid OLED. Else it's upto you. 

Also sony has released this year's new k series tv , so i guess even x90k too will be available sooner than C2.

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x90k-x93k-x94k-series

I hardly use set top box.  It's mostly ott. 

X90k should be in the 1.2 range i guess since it's LCD /LED ? I can wait for that, but are these better or inferior to the OLED offerings from LG ?

16 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

X90k should be in the 1.2 range i guess since it's LCD /LED ? I can wait for that, but are these better or inferior to the OLED offerings from LG ?

LCD/LED are inferior than OLED's. If your budget permits and set top box viewing is minimal, go for OLED

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Features wise , yes it falls a bit short when compared to LG c1 or upcoming C2. And it's priced a lot higher than the C1.

But if you feel like you want sony TV's or non-oled TV's, then x90k is good. Watch a few YouTube videos of rtings ok youtube. They have compared C1 and x90j. Do research a bit on YouTube when free. You'll understand :)

Also, I wouldnt opt for samsung TVs as they don't have Dolby vision.

Dolby vision is a must. The movies look so good with it :wub:

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

On 6/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Guys....

Is it better to get the C1 table top stand as a backup now itself? 

Currently my tv is wall mounted

But in case i want to place it on a table instead at a later date, i may then need it then

I'm thinking C1 tabletop stand may not available after maybe 3-4years or so?

Anyone has any idea regarding this?

How much for the stand?

48 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

:P let me check

Haven't asked yet. Will call them in a while.

@Assassins Creed

The LG cc guys are just clueless bots lol. They're just sending an engineer to my house. They don't know anything. :doh:

I'll just ask that LG engineer guy over phone for the price before he visits my house.Will tell him not to drop by if the stand is too expensive :P

but if he doesn't about cx stand price then you'll have to call LG directly and ask :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

@Assassins Creed

The LG cc guys are just clueless bots lol. They're just sending an engineer to my house. They don't know anything. :doh:

I'll just ask that LG engineer guy over phone for the price before he visits my house.Will tell him not to drop by if the stand is too expensive :P

but if he doesn't about cx stand price then you'll have to call LG directly and ask :P

TV installations guys will know how to source it. I don't think the stand comes in the box. They bring it separately if you request a table mount.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:55 PM, Ne0 said:

Thanks man, will avoid it then, x95j is around 1.1L now, maybe lesser with cashback and all, worth it or better to wait for c2 ? Also as i know C2 is OLED, doesn't it have a shorter life compared to other led tv ?

If you're comparing FALD to OLED, prepare to be disappointed. We have a Sony FALD at home, and the PQ is nowhere close to an LG OLED. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

TV installations guys will know how to source it. I don't think the stand comes in the box. They bring it separately if you request a table mount.

Ya that's true. Got to know about it now.

@Assassins Creedthat installation guy called. CX 65 inch tabletop will cost you about 8k.

For me he said he'll arrange in 10 days or so. No stock as of now

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If you're comparing FALD to OLED, prepare to be disappointed. We have a Sony FALD at home, and the PQ is nowhere close to an LG OLED. 

OLED definitely looks much better, even in the showroom it was quite apparent.  My concern is whether the extra cost (atleast 50k if I'm going with lg C2) , the OLED demands are worth it considering the risk of burn in (also read that neither lg nor Sony offers warranty for burn in).

Burn in on oled is very overblown. CRT's were also susceptible to burn in but did anyone experience it in the past? 

Modern oleds come with multiple failsafe mechanisms to prevent burn in. As long as you watch a varied mix of content like a normal person would, burn in is a non issue.