The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

58 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

OLED definitely looks much better, even in the showroom it was quite apparent.  My concern is whether the extra cost (atleast 50k if I'm going with lg C2) , the OLED demands are worth it considering the risk of burn in (also read that neither lg nor Sony offers warranty for burn in).

Wait till Diwali. C2 should be available for 1.2-1.3

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

OLED definitely looks much better, even in the showroom it was quite apparent.  My concern is whether the extra cost (atleast 50k if I'm going with lg C2) , the OLED demands are worth it considering the risk of burn in (also read that neither lg nor Sony offers warranty for burn in).

Unless you're going to do a lot of Tata Sky time or playing with static UI, burn in should be a non concern. Do note that OLED brightness will gradually reduce over time (some reports say around 28000 hour mark for red and green), but I've not noticed anything abnormal on my nearly 4 year old C8. Still puts most of the other TVs to shame. 

23 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Unless you're going to do a lot of Tata Sky time or playing with static UI, burn in should be a non concern. Do note that OLED brightness will gradually reduce over time (some reports say around 28000 hour mark for red and green), but I've not noticed anything abnormal on my nearly 4 year old C8. Still puts most of the other TVs to shame. 

What about games, the hud at the corners, aren't they static as well ? 

Anyway, thanks for all the inputs everyone, I think I'll wait until Diwali this year, maybe C2 would reduce in price once the upcoming Samsung OLED tv comes to market, or maybe x90k would've reduced price or something.

Edited by Ne0

13 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

What about games, the hud at the corners, aren't they static as well ? 

Anyway, thanks for all the inputs everyone, I think I'll wait until Diwali this year, maybe C2 would reduce in price once the upcoming Samsung OLED tv comes to market, or maybe x90k would've reduced price or something.

Or you can start a riot and loot one during the chaos.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, Kumar123 said:

Why 48? Space reasons?

yup, space restraints, plus ain't couch/bean bag type of a guy, i like it upfront, str8 in my line of vision, large screen size would push my a$$ way back, for that, i got no room...

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

Thanks, bought one for ₹1.42 lakhs from sonovision. Price is lower than samsung qled and comparable to c1 I didn't expect this price.

Edited by Engineer
  • Like 1

Looking for a 65 inch TV for my new home - mostly for watching sports, gaming on PS5 and youtube/netflix. Will be getting it in the upcoming prime day sale in the UK.

Shortlisted the below options (Take 1£ = 100rs roughly for reference)

Should I go with IVG's famous choice - LG C1? :D

1) LG C1 - it is around 1399£ and comes with 1 year warranty (C2 is way expensive - 2400£ and G1 is 2100£ so I guess no point?)

2) Sony A80J - 1600£ with 5 year panel warranty including burn-in

3) Samsung Q95B - The fancy QD OLED - 2600£ Out of Budget - but can get 55 inch for 1650£ - but size would be too much of a compromise?

4) Samsung Q95A - 1299£ + Q600A soundbar for additional 70£ only