The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

18 minutes ago, black_Scorpion said:

60-70K. 4K preferred with color accurate panel.

Sony X74 k. Currently at 66k on Amazon. Will go down in prime day sale. 

Samsung frame if you can get it in good price in sale. 

If it's your primary TV go with these. If secondary then you can look at Hisense. 

• Thanks 1

Sony has teased A95K QD-OLED on their India pages! Finally! :wOOtjumpy:

I thought Samsung would be the first one to get their QD-OLED S95B here but they seem to be sleeping. Hopefully A95K comes before diwali and there are some good deals then at Diwali.

Usually how much of a price drop can I expect at Diwali for a rupees ~3L TV?

I was looking for a 55 inch TV for living room in 40-45k range. Was thinking about Hisense but lack of service support was a concern. Plus we have always bought Sony, LG and Samsung so don't have any experience with Chinese TV brands. As its a birthday gift for wife I didn't want to chance it ?

Saw Sony X80AJ for 66k in prime day sale. I have a 55 inch Sony X8500F in bedroom which I got in 2018 for 1.10lac ( 55 inch were expensive then, now even OLED can come in that price).

After comparing X75K and X80aj, finally got the X80aj. Reasons -

X80AJ has a better processor. 
X75k has X1 4k processor. 
X80aj has X1 4k HDR processor. 

X75k has 4k X reality pro. 
X80AJ has Triluminous Pro. 

There is Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in X80AJ which isn't there in X75K. 

Speakers are better in X80AJ. 

Bezels are less on X80AJ. 

Both TV's are Google TV so software experience will be same. 

Only con if it can be considered a con is that X80AJ is a 2021 model and X75k is 2022 model. 

Will update on PQ once it's delivered tomorrow and installed in coming days. 

Also, I got 2560 discount on Amazon Pay icici card and 2500 cashback in Amazon pay. So effectively this costed me 61k. Pretty good deal in my opinion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Sony's A95K official India page is up, if anyone is interested (though it does seem its only me for the moment :p ).

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/a95k-series

Weird it only mentions 65" and no 55". I want 55" only. No price yet either.

Says “Pairing our XR OLED Contrast Pro and OLED (QD-OLED) panel, this TV delivers up to 200% as much colour brightness as conventional OLED TVs, bringing scenes alive with pure blacks and our brightest colours.”

:rofl: RIP LG oled 

14 hours ago, iamgulshan said:

Anyone using Hisense u6g for gaming ? Ps5 ? 

Need recommendations for a budget 4k smart tv, ~45kish. Streaming content + ps5 gaming is priority.

It's pretty good.

Pros:

Blacks are deep. Contrast is great. Dolby vision looks excellent - better than HDR via the native app. I have the TV connected via Ethernet cable @100 mbps and Netflix, Prime video and Hotstar are as clear as running off of a Bluray player. PS5 games look amazing. No screen judder or anything. 

Cons:

Screen as reflective as OLEDs, so you need dark room to watch. Remote is crap.

Just saw the price on Amazon - 49k before discounts. I bought mine at 55k 3 months ago and still think it was a great price for this TV. At 49k, it's a steal. A no brainer at this price point. It's the best panel this side of 1L rupees.

PS: no 120 hz or VRR if that's in your purchasing criteria. But then, no TV under 50k has those 2 features afaik.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Says “Pairing our XR OLED Contrast Pro and OLED (QD-OLED) panel, this TV delivers up to 200% as much colour brightness as conventional OLED TVs, bringing scenes alive with pure blacks and our brightest colours.”

:rofl: RIP LG oled 

Devil is in the details. It says color brightness and not 'general/white' brightness that is usually measured in reviews. So while in normal/white terms the TV does a little more than 1000nits of brightness (as compared to ~700 of LG C9 and ~900 of LG G2), the color brightness (brightness of red, green, blue etc.) is indeed more than 200% of older WRGB OLEDs. So often reviewers point out that the TV seems much more brighter than LG OLEDs in real life even though white brightness measurement would tell you its not that much brighter.

Also, the only other QD-OLED in the market- the Samsung S95B, had almost 1500 white brightness too when it launched. That put it in LED territory in terms of brightness while keeping the infinite contrast/deep blacks of OLEDs. That was a marvel to behold and a generational leap. But Samsung decided to lower that in the latest firmware and now the TV barely does 1000 nits, probably to reduce burn-in chances as the TV doesnt have a heat sink. So people who bought the TV on 1500 brightness suddenly saw their TVs being massively downgraded. What a shitshow.

Sony A95K on the other hand does have a heatsink but still kept brightness at ~1000nits when it could definitely go higher. Weird again.

No perfect TV I suppose (Samsung S95B was for a couple of months).

8 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

It's pretty good.

Pros:

Blacks are deep. Contrast is great. Dolby vision looks excellent - better than HDR via the native app. I have the TV connected via Ethernet cable @100 mbps and Netflix, Prime video and Hotstar are as clear as running off of a Bluray player. PS5 games look amazing. No screen judder or anything. 

Cons:

Screen as reflective as OLEDs, so you need dark room to watch. Remote is crap.

Just saw the price on Amazon - 49k before discounts. I bought mine at 55k 3 months ago and still think it was a great price for this TV. At 49k, it's a steal. A no brainer at this price point. It's the best panel this side of 1L rupees.

PS: no 120 hz or VRR if that's in your purchasing criteria. But then, no TV under 50k has those 2 features afaik.

This one was my no. 1 choice initially. But as i needed for living room and viewing angles were important had to drop it. At 49k it is a no brainer. 

Edited by harsh1387

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Cool. What did you buy then?

Sony X80J. 

Unfortunately, it just came and thanks to Amazon open box policy we found out the panel is damaged. So, delivery didn't happened and refund will be issued. First time I have bought a bigger electronic appliance online and the experience wasn't good. Seems offline as usual is better for this. Will delay the purchase now and will get something in Diwali sales. 

54 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Sony X80J. 

Unfortunately, it just came and thanks to Amazon open box policy we found out the panel is damaged. So, delivery didn't happened and refund will be issued. First time I have bought a bigger electronic appliance online and the experience wasn't good. Seems offline as usual is better for this. Will delay the purchase now and will get something in Diwali sales. 

Now wait till Diwali and upgrade to atleast x90 series.

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Sony X80J. 

you got X80J 55" in 50K?