The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

My current tv lg uh8500 has display issues and cost of changing is quoted at 35k including everything.

I have been looking for Samsung QN90A/B specially 50 inch model anyone bought here? Any experience? 

Not going for oled as 48 c1 is not as good as 55 and 55 is over budget 

On 8/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, DinJo said:

My current tv lg uh8500 has display issues and cost of changing is quoted at 35k including everything.

I have been looking for Samsung QN90A/B specially 50 inch model anyone bought here? Any experience? 

I've been doing a lot of research for my next TV and have extensively looked at QN90A/B and QN95B too (along with OLEDs such as Sony A95K, Samsung S95B and LG G2). These are definitely very very good TVs at a very competitive price. Even better if you are planning to use these in a bright room (lots of ambient light, from windows etc.). OLEDs are not well suited for that. If I couldnt buy an OLED, then these are the TVs I would buy. In fact, they will beat an OLED in a bright room.

And as long as a good OLED is not side-by-side in a dark room, these TVs will provide astounding picture quality and will be very pleasing to your eyes. Go for them I would say.

Edited by kittoo

6 hours ago, kittoo said:

I've been doing a lot of research for my next TV and have extensively looked at QN90A/B and QN95B too (along with OLEDs such as Sony A95K, Samsung S95B and LG G2). These are definitely very very good TVs at a very competitive price. Even better if you are planning to use these in a bright room (lots of ambient light, from windows etc.). OLEDs are not well suited for that. If I couldnt buy an OLED, then these are the TVs I would buy. In fact, they will beat an OLED in a bright room.

And as long as a good OLED is not side-by-side in a dark room, these TVs will provide astounding picture quality and will be very pleasing to your eyes. Go for them I would say.

If you place OLED in the right place where reflections are lesser in a bright room, then even oled's would work for you. I have an 48 C1 OLED and only play in a brightly lit room. Never watched it in the dark. Im content with it. You just need to calibrate the tv from the settings provided by RTIngs, avsforums,reddit etc. Just saw 3-4 YouTube videos and took me about 15 mins to calibrate it. Looks really good to me post calibration -_-

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

On 8/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, DinJo said:

The Samsung qn90a look really good. Haven't seen the qn90b in person but I'm sure it'll more or less be the same. The only major flaw in samsung TVs is no Dolby vision. Dolby vision content is so good especially the Marvel series and many Netflix series as well. Which is why i would opt either sony or LG. But it's upto your budget. Id wait till Diwali.  But if you're in a hurry better to decide by having a look at all these TV's at your local showroooms

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

Anyone enquired about the C2 55 inch price in Bangalore recently? If yes, can you post it please along with the store details? I am planning to buy one next week. Will use this as reference and bargain a bit.

18 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

Anyone enquired about the C2 55 inch price in Bangalore recently? If yes, can you post it please along with the store details? I am planning to buy one next week. Will use this as reference and bargain a bit.

See below, should get it in that price range

On 7/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, LordSpymaster said:

So, just for kicks, I went to Croma today and inquired about the C1. They said only C2 is available. Quoted 1.38L for it, plus 10k instant cashback on cards. Net 1.28L for the piece, 55 inch. 

I'm not in the market to buy it right now, but does this seem to be worth it? 

• Thanks 1

I just spoke to a guy in Reliance Digital. He quoted 1.43 lakhs and 10k cash back on top of it from credit card. I asked him about any more offers on top of the card discount for Independence Day. He said there is more discount and asked me to come to the store. 65 inch is 2.12 lakhs and 12500 more cash back on card. Now thinking about going for 65 inch if the discount is good.

27 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

I just spoke to a guy in Reliance Digital. He quoted 1.43 lakhs and 10k cash back on top of it from credit card. I asked him about any more offers on top of the card discount for Independence Day. He said there is more discount and asked me to come to the store. 65 inch is 2.12 lakhs and 12500 more cash back on card. Now thinking about going for 65 inch if the discount is good.

Check with croma

They'll give a better offer.

Also Devi international in jayanagar.(if it's close by for you)

27 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

Check with croma

8 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

The Samsung qn90a look really good. Haven't seen the qn90b in person but I'm sure it'll more or less be the same. The only major flaw in samsung TVs is no Dolby vision. Dolby vision content is so good especially the Marvel series and many Netflix series as well. Which is why i would opt either sony or LG. But it's upto your budget. Id wait till Diwali.  But if you're in a hurry better to decide by having a look at all these TV's at your local showroooms

Is there any huge diff in pic quality in DV ?

4 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Check with croma

Spoke to the people in Devi International. Offering C2 55 for 1.23 lakhs and 65 inch for 1.85 lakhs. And there are some offers with warranty. I think he said they are offering 3 years on the TV. Anything I should keep in mind about warranty and extended warranty? @Assassins Creed

48 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

Spoke to the people in Devi International. Offering C2 55 for 1.23 lakhs and 65 inch for 1.85 lakhs. And there are some offers with warranty. I think he said they are offering 3 years on the TV. Anything I should keep in mind about warranty and extended warranty? @Assassins Creed

Those are good prices.

During Diwali, you might be able to get it a tad cheaper but not by a lot.

2 hours ago, DinJo said:

Is there any huge diff in pic quality in DV ?

It's more like visible difference

I feel that there's better tone mapping with Dolby vision. So colors look so much better. I prefer watching Dolby vision content cos of that. Looks really good imo

1 hour ago, R a g h u said:

Ya and if u go in person, they may offer even lower at Devi....not sure but that's what happened in my case.

Ya 3 years warranty. Iirc I think during Diwali it's 3+3 or 3+2 years :scratchchin:

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

1 hour ago, R a g h u said:

Man they are good prices in month of August.. Is that net off cash back ?

Check with Pai international as well once.. I think 3 years is a good enough warranty.. Extended take if you really want it ...

14 hours ago, R a g h u said:

These are really good prices, can you ask Devi International to open a store in Pune ? 

Some LG store in Pune quoted 1.45 for the 55 in and 2.10 for 65 in , without cashback. And he.s like , please don't share these prices with anyone , as if it's like a groundbreaking discount or something.  Smh. 

Edited by arjun_sasuke
Added a comment
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...