The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Guys thoughts on this one. 

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-inches-KD-65X80J-Compatibility/dp/B091N3MQ92/ref=sr_1_2?crid=PM55KWJWE2SZ&keywords=a80j&qid=1661281484&sprefix=a80j%2Caps%2C309&sr=8-2&th=1

It is for my parents who don't care about 120 hz:fap:. Is this the best possible for under 1L ? I am looking to buy it during Diwali, so it could be a lot cheaper (I hope)

Has to be OLED.

Will pick up C2 for my gaming needs later.

10 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-inches-KD-65X80J-Compatibility/dp/B091N3MQ92/ref=sr_1_2?crid=PM55KWJWE2SZ&keywords=a80j&qid=1661281484&sprefix=a80j%2Caps%2C309&sr=8-2&th=1

It is for my parents who don't care about 120 hz:fap:. Is this the best possible for under 1L ? I am looking to buy it during Diwali, so it could be a lot cheaper (I hope)

Has to be OLED.

X80J is offline model. Same model online is X80AJ which is cheaper as well. 

Other options in 65 inch below 1 lac- 

Hisense U6G

Toshiba M550LP

Sony  X75k

VU masterpiece Glo. 

If you can look at 55 inch then Samsung Frame is the best option.  

10 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

Has to be OLED.

This is not OLED

I am thinking of buying a new TV.

Budget is 55-60k max.

Primary intention is watching movies,

maybe occassional PS4 gaming.

Location Pune

I have an 43-inch Samsung so would prefer a larger TV.

Suggestions?

Edited by vinayakb
adding location

5 hours ago, vinayakb said:

I am thinking of buying a new TV.

Budget is 55-60k max.

Primary intention is watching movies,

maybe occassional PS4 gaming.

Location Pune

I have an 43-inch Samsung so would prefer a larger TV.

Suggestions?

Sony X80AJ

Sony X74k

Both are under 66k right now at Amazon.  Wait for diwali sale and you will get them cheaper. 

21 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Any recommendations for 55" TV under 50k range? 

Are Mi 5x, OnePlus any good? 

Need it for casual viewing and occasional gaming.

Appreciate your help and inputs :thumbsup:

No. 

They aren't good. 

Get Hisense U6G. Under 50k it's the best tv in terms of PQ. 

• Like 1

Got TCL C825 Mini Led 55" for 1150 AUD (65K INR) for bedroom. Fantastic quality, especially for the price. It is no OLED, but close to it. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a tv here and can get it for 80-85k. Comes with an in-built sound bar. Sound quality is really really good. Also comes with a camera (removable) which can be used for video call.

• Like 1

I was enquiring about 48" LG C2 at Croma. They informed me that irrespective of size, they have C2X only and not C2. I browsed LG India website and couldn't differentiate between C2X and C2.

Can techies over here please do some deep digging for me and help me understand the difference between them. Surely there must be some difference. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

Heads-up for a mind blowing offer on Samsung TVs. If you are a corporate employee (I suppose most of us are), Samsung is giving amazing discounts. Just to check I looked at price of QN95B and QN90B. Look at the price below (I work at Citibank and all it did was to send an OTP on my official mail ID to confirm, so at least Citi is eligible for this)-

QN95B regular price- 195000, QN95B corporate employee price- 160000, 35k difference

QN90B regular price- 170000, QN90B corporate employee price- 140000, 30k difference

And regular offers can be applied on top of these, so you can get QN95B in 1.5L after other offers. And a phone worth 24k free. These are great deals.

Also, this corporate employee thing applies to all Samsung electronics. I wish I had known about it a few weeks back when I got a new Samsung phone.

Edited by kittoo
  • Like 1

Guys , I was just randomly reading reviews of the Sony A95k QD - OLED tv and I came across this review 

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/sony-bravia-xr-65-inch-class-a95k-oled-tv

This is the part that kinda surprised me , 

" THE BOTTOM LINE

The Sony A95K is a powerful OLED TV with very wide colors, strong contrast, and excellent features, though its quantum dot layer prevents it from getting as dark as an OLED should. " 

Is this true ? I was under the impression that this TV is the Be all and End all of Tv's. 

1 hour ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Guys , I was just randomly reading reviews of the Sony A95k QD - OLED tv and I came across this review 

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/sony-bravia-xr-65-inch-class-a95k-oled-tv

This is the part that kinda surprised me , 

" THE BOTTOM LINE

The Sony A95K is a powerful OLED TV with very wide colors, strong contrast, and excellent features, though its quantum dot layer prevents it from getting as dark as an OLED should. " 

Is this true ? I was under the impression that this TV is the Be all and End all of Tv's. 

No thats not true. It gets perfectly black during actual video/when its on.

Its only when there is a direct reflection of ambient light that it looks a little less black.

Also, people got a little confused because it looks grey when off, rather than complete black like OLEDs. It doesnt matter to me and I think to most also it shouldnt matter. Off hone ke baad kaisa dikhta hai I dont give 2 shits about.

Edited by kittoo
  • Thanks 1

Hey fellas - looking to pickup a cheaper 43" TV for the spare bedroom during the amazon sale next week.

43" 4K - OnePlus (30K), Vu (25), Redmi (27K)

I have a 55" Samsung out front so this isn't super important - but still any experience with these, and which one should I get?  

19 hours ago, North said:

Hey fellas - looking to pickup a cheaper 43" TV for the spare bedroom during the amazon sale next week.

43" 4K - OnePlus (30K), Vu (25), Redmi (27K)

I have a 55" Samsung out front so this isn't super important - but still any experience with these, and which one should I get?  

I've heard good things about hisense, maybe check those out too. Reliance digital and Croma stock them too