The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

14 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I've heard good things about hisense, maybe check those out too. Reliance digital and Croma stock them too

Checked on Amazon, 30K for a 43" 4K TV. Turns out LG has a model, same specs same price. I'm gonna go with the brand name here that LG provides and get that one, over Redmi and Hisense and the rest.

Hopefully a good deal during the sale next week.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:29 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Damn this know this.. when the device doesn't support Atmos it will play in 5.1 surround which will pretty much sound similar... thats why take a demo of both Bar 9.1 and 5.1 and see the difference.. for a smaller place 5.1 should be good enough..

DTS tracks doesn't exist pretty much in streaming world these days..

Couldn't finalize bar at that time but ab aa gayi hai diwali :naughty: 

Jab C1 itna sasta liya toh sound bar kyu nahi.

Should I still pick 9.1? Sound is great but any new maker/product joh aaya ho market mei?

43 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Couldn't finalize bar at that time but ab aa gayi hai diwali :naughty: 

Jab C1 itna sasta liya toh sound bar kyu nahi.

Should I still pick 9.1? Sound is great but any new maker/product joh aaya ho market mei?

Sony HT A9 :bigyellowgrin:

3 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Ghar wale ghar se hi bahar kar denge. 

Are these newly launched samsung Q series sound bars any good? Feature bhi hai or decent price bhi.

Demo it bro and check reviews on Youtube.. end of the day you should feel the worth so demo both and decide..

Guys need some help.

Im unable to decide between a Regular 4k TV Or a QLED 4k TV.

So my usage is mostly gaming 2 hours a day and a movie once/twice a week.

I dont care about black being actually black and stuff.

So i was looking at -

1) Samsung crystal 4k - 26000 with discount

2) Samsung fram qled - 48000 with discount

3) Hisense Qled 55U7H - 51990

Size i prefer is 43 but dont mind going above.

Also is hisense customer service and after sales as good or on par with samsung?
Does the qled deserve the double price tag and makes that much of a difference?
Thanks

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Guys need some help.

So i was looking at -

Also is hisense customer service and after sales as good or on par with samsung?
Thanks

QLED is indeed good and worth the money.  I would suggest going for Hisense 55 inch .

It's an amazing tv with great picture clarity and pretty decent HDR experience - brightness around 700 nits. 

But Hisense after sales can't be as good / on par with Samsung . 

Edited by Krazyniks

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Guys need some help.

So i was looking at -

Thanks

I have the Samsung Crystal TV. Sound is pretty bad. A friend said a soundbar is a must. Any good VFM soundbar you know of ? 

12 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

I have the Samsung Crystal TV. Sound is pretty bad. A friend said a soundbar is a must. Any good VFM soundbar you know of ? 

how’s the picture quality?

i have no need of tv sound, as i have blaupunkt sound bar . Using it since 2 years , sounds nice. Doesn’t have all those fancy dolby atmos 7.1 and stuff though 

14 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

QLED is indeed good and worth the money.  I would suggest going for Hisense 55 inch .

It's an amazing tv with great picture clarity and pretty decent HDR experience - brightness around 700 nits. 

But Hisense after sales can't be as good / on par with Samsung . 

No space for 55 . Maximum i can go is 48!!

Im more inclined towards Samsung because of the after sales service (You honestly dont need it for tv , but if luck goes bad a good service is better)

il look for a few more opinions and decide To go qled or 4k

Guys , the Sony A95k QD-OLED 65 inch , is on sale for 313000/- on most platforms. On Amazon there.s an offer for no cost EMI for 24 months for some credit cards, which works out to about 13k a month for 24 months. Sounds like quite a good deal right ? 

Will Vijay Sales and Croma and all give any further discounts? I've heard that on Sony Products the company doesn't allow them to discount a product more than what they themselves have stipulated, not sure if that's true or not 

Was checking for 32“ monitors for my room, couldn't find any below 30K with HDMI 2.1

Instead, found Toshiba's new 4K TV lineup, has HDMI 2.1 with VRR and ALLM support, but 60Hz panel, and they're priced really well (and 3year warranty if bought in October).

Seems like something to consider if you're looking for budget 4K TVs.

23 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Was checking for 32“ monitors for my room, couldn't find any below 30K with HDMI 2.1

Instead, found Toshiba's new 4K TV lineup, has HDMI 2.1 with VRR and ALLM support, but 60Hz panel, and they're priced really well (and 3year warranty if bought in October).

Seems like something to consider if you're looking for budget 4K TVs.

Monitor with HDMI 2.1 start from 50k irrespective of size . 

Also HDMI 2.1 is needed to get 4k/144 Hz .  So HDMI 2.1 on a 60 hz TV/monitor is of no benefit . Cause HDMI 2.0 supports 4k/60 as well .

20 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Monitor with HDMI 2.1 start from 50k irrespective of size . 

Also HDMI 2.1 is needed to get 4k/144 Hz .  So HDMI 2.1 on a 60 hz TV/monitor is of no benefit . Cause HDMI 2.0 supports 4k/60 as well .

I mean to leverage VRR on the PS5, wouldn't the 60Hz help for fidelity modes? Or performance mode games which don't give a locked 60fps?

Also, there were few samsung monitors going for 40-44K with HDMI 2.1 ports during the sale.

Edited by gecko89

21 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I mean to leverage VRR on the PS5, wouldn't the 60Hz help for fidelity modes? Or performance mode games which don't give a locked 60fps?

Also, there were few samsung monitors going for 40-44K with HDMI 2.1 ports during the sale.

VRR works between a very narrow range on 60 hz panels so yes it would help in the above two scenarios but not that much.  VRR works best on 120 Hz panels .

But you don't need HDMI 2.1 for it . It can work with HDMI 2.0 as well (4k60hz) 

And in that case why not buy a 32 inch 4k60 hz monitor with VRR . Like Benq ew3270

Oh my bad. I haven't checked prices since July when I bought my 32 inch 1440p monitor . That time all hdmi 2.1 monitors were around 50k.or above.  

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 1