The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

5 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

VRR works between a very narrow range on 60 hz panels so yes it would help in the above two scenarios but not that much.  VRR works best on 120 Hz panels .

But you don't need HDMI 2.1 for it . It can work with HDMI 2.0 as well .

Oh my bad. I haven't checked prices since July when I bought my 32 inch 1440p monitor . That time all hdmi 2.1 monitors were around 50k.or above.  

Also i would still suggest going for a 4k/144 monitor rather than a budget TV. The above features would work way better on a monitor than these budget TV's.

This is just for my room, won't be using it a lot. Don't want to spend over 30K for now. Don't game on PC so 4K/144 monitor would be overkill :/

Finally pulled the plug on an OLED tv. Bought the Sony A95k 65 inch from Vijay Sales.

Got the following deal ,

IDFC paper Finance 

Rs.12319/- x 13 emi.s = 160147/-

Rs. 115200/- Down-payment. 

Cashback of Rs.22000/- ( after 4 months) 

Total cost to me : Rs. 253000/-

This was the best I could negotiate , I read that some people may have gotten it cheaper , but I couldn't. My negotiation skills probably aren't the best but feel like this is a decent price. They were also selling an extended warranty of 27k for an additional 2 yrs. ( Standard warranty included is 3 yrs ) , this was through Onsitego. They say that I have to take it within 1 month of purchase , but I doubt I'm gonna take it. Anyone have any thoughts on the extended warranty and whether I should be taking it ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

This is just for my room, won't be using it a lot. Don't want to spend over 30K for now. Don't game on PC so 4K/144 monitor would be overkill :/

Yeah i thought so hence i edited my comment a minute or two after posting it. 

6 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Finally pulled the plug on an OLED tv. Bought the Sony A95k 65 inch from Vijay Sales.

Got the following deal ,

IDFC paper Finance 

This was the best I could negotiate , I read that some people may have gotten it cheaper , but I couldn't. My negotiation skills probably aren't the best but feel like this is a decent price. They were also selling an extended warranty of 27k for an additional 2 yrs. ( Standard warranty included is 3 yrs ) , this was through Onsitego. They say that I have to take it within 1 month of purchase , but I doubt I'm gonna take it. Anyone have any thoughts on the extended warranty and whether I should be taking it ? 

Congrats. You got it for 20% cheaper than price quoted on Amazon . So perhaps it may not have been the lowest price but it definitely should be a decent price ? .

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

And in that case why not buy a 32 inch 4k60 hz monitor with VRR . Like Benq ew3270

20 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah i thought so hence i edited my comment a minute or two after posting it. 

Oh yeah, just noticed your update.

Thing is, the TV I was talking about is 4K60Hz and 43" as well as 3Year warranty for 26K.

https://www.amazon.in/Toshiba-inches-Bezelless-Google-43C350LP/dp/B0B1PYBH4B?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

2 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Got the following deal ,

IDFC paper Finance 

Awesome!!

Is it No Cost EMI ??

2 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Got the following deal ,

IDFC paper Finance 

Option to preclose the EMI?

If yes, then after you receive the cashback, give the IDFC guys a ring.

Check if they quote any foreclosure charges, if you are lucky, you might have a few bucks.

56 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Awesome!!

Is it No Cost EMI ??

Yup , it's a No cost EMI. There was a similar scheme with Bajaj Finance also ,

That was Rs.6500/- x 30 months 

Rs.84150/- Down-payment 

But cashback was only Rs.7500/- and that too in a wallet which you will have to use on bill payments and other stuff. 

Landed cost for that was about 271000/-. 

Today is the last day for the IDFc cashback scheme though. For any tv above 1.5 Lakh it's Rs.22500/-. Will probably come back during Diwali again I'm guessing. 

48 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Option to preclose the EMI?

If yes, then after you receive the cashback, give the IDFC guys a ring.

Check if they quote any foreclosure charges, if you are lucky, you might have a few bucks.

Ya as soon as the cashback is credited in my account I ll call them and check. 

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Diwali prices are already on.. Go for the Hunt 

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Dusshera has had best prices historically. Go and hunt.

I have some free time tomorrow, will go and check

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

@ OLED’ians, what price should I be looking for C2 55’ . I’m about to head out to the stores.

Check 65” prices as well if you get a chance

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

@ OLED’ians, what price should I be looking for C2 55’ . I’m about to head out to the stores.

I think you should be able to get it for around 1.15 , or maybe lower than that. Although not sure whether the dussera discounts will still be applicable, then you might have to wait for Diwali.

28 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I think 1.25L is a good target to aim for? (post discounts and cashbacks)

I was getting this price several months ago during a Non sale period , so I'm guessing 1.25 might be on the higher side. Unless there's a NCE offer for 24 months , then it might be worth it at this price.