The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

13 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

You wont get sony's quality in sub 30k tv. If the screen replacement comes with an warranty then thats the way to go . Or just Get the oled tv an year earlier.

Plus it's almost diwali time. So major discounts will be available in offline stores for TV's.

But spending 30k now and upgrading to OLED in 2023 is unnecessary double expenditure. Might as well get one now.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 4:21 PM, arjun_sasuke said:

Finally pulled the plug on an OLED tv. Bought the Sony A95k 65 inch from Vijay Sales.

Got the following deal ,

IDFC paper Finance 

Rs.12319/- x 13 emi.s = 160147/-

Rs. 115200/- Down-payment. 

Cashback of Rs.22000/- ( after 4 months) 

Total cost to me : Rs. 253000/-

This was the best I could negotiate , I read that some people may have gotten it cheaper , but I couldn't. My negotiation skills probably aren't the best but feel like this is a decent price. They were also selling an extended warranty of 27k for an additional 2 yrs. ( Standard warranty included is 3 yrs ) , this was through Onsitego. They say that I have to take it within 1 month of purchase , but I doubt I'm gonna take it. Anyone have any thoughts on the extended warranty and whether I should be taking it ? 

I would recommend you take the ew for as long tenure as possible. Same is also available from Sony directly as well. I believe from sony you can purchase this within 1 year from your Date of Purchase and from Vijay Sales within 11 months from DOP.

I also closed down on Sony A95K yesterday for 2.42L after cb and awaiting delivery today.

Could you confirm if they provided you with swivel wall mount or fix? Also was it sony branded or some local.

As i own A9G and they provided swivel wall mount with it, but now VSE said sony dont provide swivel with Master Series anymore.

19 minutes ago, SkinTightTuna said:

I would recommend you take the ew for as long tenure as possible. Same is also available from Sony directly as well. I believe from sony you can purchase this within 1 year from your Date of Purchase and from Vijay Sales within 11 months from DOP.

I also closed down on Sony A95K yesterday for 2.42L after cb and awaiting delivery today.

Could you confirm if they provided you with swivel wall mount or fix? Also was it sony branded or some local.

As i own A9G and they provided swivel wall mount with it, but now VSE said sony dont provide swivel with Master Series anymore.

The EW with Sony will be crazy expensive , like atleast 30-40k , I ll still ask though, But it doesn't make sense at that price IMO.

I got a regular wall mount , the Sony technician said the swivel mount doesn't come included and you ll have to buy it separately. Although I need to mention one thing , his recommended height for the TV ( which he says is company recommended) , feels a bit too high for me right now. My old TV was a 50 inch TV so maybe I need some time to get used to the size. I am gonna try it for a few weeks and check , or else I ll have to either shift it down or then place it on the table stand. 

2 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Plus it's almost diwali time. So major discounts will be available in offline stores for TV's.

But spending 30k now and upgrading to OLED in 2023 is unnecessary double expenditure. Might as well get one now.

Thats what i meant by getting an oled earlier. and this absouletly perfect time to get it now.

I have a question about the warranty scene for the A95k. The Vijay Sales invoice has a sticker on it that says 3 yrs warranty , however Sony.s warranty card says 1 yr , if not stamped by the dealer. 

Should I get the Sony warranty card stamped by Vijay Sales , just in case ? Or not necessary ? 

1 hour ago, SkinTightTuna said:

Just had a chat with a sony executive , and also called up the Sony Center in Pune to double check. Apparently there.s no option for extended warranty past 3 yrs from Sony. So basically this 3yr comprehensive warranty is the max through Sony. 

So any extended warranty will be through a 3rd party , which is too risky IMO. 

4 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Lg OLED gang. Please let me know if you guys have purchased extended warranty? If so cost, duration and whether it's worth it :D

i want to buy but forgot to get it when i purchased my tv

I haven't bought the warranty (it was super expensive with C8 - 90k for 3 years), but my C8s' Mobo got replaced, and it was relatively cheap than I expected. 7500 IIRC. 

Screen is where the max amount is. I remember LG used to offer 3 year warranty for like 20-30k during Diwali. Worth it IMO. 

53 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I haven't bought the warranty (it was super expensive with C8 - 90k for 3 years), but my C8s' Mobo got replaced, and it was relatively cheap than I expected. 7500 IIRC. 

Screen is where the max amount is. I remember LG used to offer 3 year warranty for like 20-30k during Diwali. Worth it IMO. 

30k for 3 years ? Damn, that's pricey lol. But worth it i guess

It doesn't cover burn in right? 

2 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Lg OLED gang. Please let me know if you guys have purchased extended warranty? If so cost, duration and whether it's worth it :D

i want to buy but forgot to get it when i purchased my tv

Bro after standard 3 year warranty, you deserve an upgrade for 55 or 65.. math le :P 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

The EW with Sony will be crazy expensive , like atleast 30-40k , I ll still ask though, But it doesn't make sense at that price IMO.

I got a regular wall mount , the Sony technician said the swivel mount doesn't come included and you ll have to buy it separately. Although I need to mention one thing , his recommended height for the TV ( which he says is company recommended) , feels a bit too high for me right now. My old TV was a 50 inch TV so maybe I need some time to get used to the size. I am gonna try it for a few weeks and check , or else I ll have to either shift it down or then place it on the table stand. 

Finally had it installed. The wall mount sony offered is way too cheap. 

11 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

I have a question about the warranty scene for the A95k. The Vijay Sales invoice has a sticker on it that says 3 yrs warranty , however Sony.s warranty card says 1 yr , if not stamped by the dealer. 

Should I get the Sony warranty card stamped by Vijay Sales , just in case ? Or not necessary ? 

Same case, installion guy sticks a small sticker that says 3 year warranty on invoice and not on warranty card. On warranty card it says 2 year additional warranty on panel only. I think this is last years offer print. Seems normal to me. Just in case i have downloaded the sony terms pdf which mentions of 3 year warranty.

Also check your vs invoice you must have received 0.75% of points against the tivo purchase. Use them after a week to get 2k discount on extended warranty from vijay sales.

Am definately buying the EW from VS in a week or so for 27700ish i think.

Also whats the mfg month of your unit. Mine is July 22 but i checked with service menu my hour usage was 0

Lastly have you checked out A7 or A9 home theatre?

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Bro after standard 3 year warranty, you deserve an upgrade for 55 or 65.. math le :P 

Haha ya :P I didn’t know it was like 30k n all . I was expecting 10k max

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

I got quoted 90k for my b9, for 3 year extended warranty. This was in 2019. I politely told him to f**k off

Holy sh*t lol. Yikes

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

9 hours ago, SkinTightTuna said:

Same case, installion guy sticks a small sticker that says 3 year warranty on invoice and not on warranty card. On warranty card it says 2 year additional warranty on panel only. I think this is last years offer print. Seems normal to me. Just in case i have downloaded the sony terms pdf which mentions of 3 year warranty.

Also check your vs invoice you must have received 0.75% of points against the tivo purchase. Use them after a week to get 2k discount on extended warranty from vijay sales.

Also whats the mfg month of your unit. Mine is July 22 but i checked with service menu my hour usage was 0

My mfg year is also July , but there.s also a small line there saying " Route 00001 dt: 13/08/2022 " Vijay Sales , so I'm guessing it was delivered to them on that date. 

Where did you find the pdf for the warranty details ? Can you share the link with me ? I got it confirmed on a phone call , but I've also sent them an email asking for confirmation in writing , let's see what they say.

I don't think I'm gonna go for the EW , I don't trust Onsitego , they don't have very good reviews online. Let me know if you have used the points and how much the EW costs in the end. 

I already have a Philips Soundbar with a Subwoofer, sounds pretty good. No plans for a Home Theatre system anytime soon , especially the A7 or A9 , which are quite expensive. I've connected the Soundbar via HDMI arc , it's super convenient as compared to an Optical cable. 

1 hour ago, arjun_sasuke said:

My mfg year is also July , but there.s also a small line there saying " Route 00001 dt: 13/08/2022 " Vijay Sales , so I'm guessing it was delivered to them on that date. 

Where did you find the pdf for the warranty details ? Can you share the link with me ? I got it confirmed on a phone call , but I've also sent them an email asking for confirmation in writing , let's see what they say.

I don't think I'm gonna go for the EW , I don't trust Onsitego , they don't have very good reviews online. Let me know if you have used the points and how much the EW costs in the end. 

I already have a Philips Soundbar with a Subwoofer, sounds pretty good. No plans for a Home Theatre system anytime soon , especially the A7 or A9 , which are quite expensive. I've connected the Soundbar via HDMI arc , it's super convenient as compared to an Optical cable. 

Do you have another sony remote besides a95k? See up the service menu and it will confirm the hours used.

Mine said routed date 06-10-2022 

Link for sony promotion and from there download the detailed terms pdf below 

https://www.sony.co.in/microsite/diwali22/?cpint=SG_PRODUCT_DETAILS_SEC-TOUT-A95K-EN_GL-PDP-IN-CAMPAIGN 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

@Snake Buddy did they ask you for original invoice during the time of installing? 
anyone else who bought an lg tv can you please confirm wether they ask printed invoice for installation, or digital works fine?

yeah bro, they asked for the original invoice during installation. They took a pic of it too

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:38 PM, SkinTightTuna said:

Finally had it installed. The wall mount sony offered is way too cheap. 

17 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

9 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

@Snake Buddy did they ask you for original invoice during the time of installing? 
anyone else who bought an lg tv can you please confirm wether they ask printed invoice for installation, or digital works fine?

So I checked the bill Vijay Sales gave me. It doesnt have any info on the warranty, no date or as stickers s mentioned by SkinTight Tuna

4 hours ago, Snake said:

So I checked the bill Vijay Sales gave me. It doesnt have any info on the warranty, no date or as stickers s mentioned by SkinTight Tuna

I think that's because LG Oled tvs have a standard warranty period of 3 yrs comprehensive warranty. Whereas for the Sony TV,  the 3 yrs warranty is only during this current offer period,  hence we need the sticker, and this sticker is placed by the Sony technician when he comes to install the TV.