The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

After much confusion between Sony A95K and LG G2, got a 65 inch G2 over the weekend.

Man do I love this TV. I was skeptical that this wouldn't be much of an upgrade over my existing C9, but it sure as hell is. The increased brightness is so much better for HDR. And the better processing, sleek looks (looks so good wall mounted) and picture quality improvements (cant detect any black crush now) are totally worth it. The picture is pristine.

Playing A plague's tale requiem on it now and am just blown away every step of the way.

• Like 2

Tried asking dealerships around if they had spare packing for a 55 inch oled for sale. Unfortunately none of them had one:(

Any suggestions on how I could safely move my TV from Faridabad to Noida? Was thinking of hiring Agarwal packers & Movers to move my stuff, anyone have experience with their TV packaging/handling?

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Tried asking dealerships around if they had spare packing for a 55 inch oled for sale. Unfortunately none of them had one:(

Any suggestions on how I could safely move my TV from Faridabad to Noida? Was thinking of hiring Agarwal packers & Movers to move my stuff, anyone have experience with their TV packaging/handling?

F'bad to Noida, why not in car ? Just wrap it up well & have someone hold it, won't be difficult.  

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

APML broke mine. Mistakes that I made:

1. Didn't use the original TV box for transport, which can withstand a lot more abuse.

2. Didn't insure the TV at its full cost

3. Didn't check the TV until 7 days after APML delivery

I have heard some other peeps having good experience with APML, though that's why I had chosen them in the first place.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

APML broke mine. Mistakes that I made:

1. Didn't use the original TV box for transport, which can withstand a lot more abuse.

2. Didn't insure the TV at its full cost

3. Didn't check the TV until 7 days after APML delivery

I have heard some other peeps having good experience with APML, though that's why I had chosen them in the first place.

I guess ill just rent an eeco cargo van and sit with hired help to hold the TV. Distance is only 31km, roughly a 1hour drive. Seems like a safer option than packers and movers.

Also f**k these companies to make the oled tvs so thin, loosing sight of practicality over aesthetic.

10 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah someone suggested hiring an SUV. Thinking of hiring an ecco and wrapping the tv in bubble wrap. Lets see

You can easily fit a 55" in a sedan with a person to hold it. Some of my friends had come to Dehradun but had to go to ghaziabad for a week where there was no TV at home so carried a 55" from Dehradoon to Ghaziabad :D

Roads are excellent so yes, that was a factor. Wouldn't have imagined doing that 5-6 years back. 

On an totally unrelated note, the TV met its demise the very same day on reaching Ghaziabad where it was kept on bed wrapped in a bedsheet and one idiot rushed in the room & sat on it. There it rests in pieces :giggle:

36 minutes ago, Channu said:

You can easily fit a 55" in a sedan with a person to hold it. Some of my friends had come to Dehradun but had to go to ghaziabad for a week where there was no TV at home so carried a 55" from Dehradoon to Ghaziabad :D

Roads are excellent so yes, that was a factor. Wouldn't have imagined doing that 5-6 years back. 

On an totally unrelated note, the TV met its demise the very same day on reaching Ghaziabad where it was kept on bed wrapped in a bedsheet and one idiot rushed in the room & sat on it. There it rests in pieces :giggle:

Oled TVs are extremely thin and fragile, it is not advisable to even lay them flat. Thats why i need a bigger car to keep it upright. The main problem is that the thickness is not uniform, with the top half being extremely thin and bottom half being normal thickness. A normal LED/QLED is uniform in its thickness, hence much more easier to handle.

6 hours ago, Channu said:

and now his body is buried under the newly constructed local police station?

15 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I guess ill just rent an eeco cargo van and sit with hired help to hold the TV. Distance is only 31km, roughly a 1hour drive. Seems like a safer option than packers and movers.

Also f**k these companies to make the oled tvs so thin, loosing sight of practicality over aesthetic.

i think as long as you use the original packing, you should be fine with bringing it in through a tempo also.  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone using the Samsung QN90B? A lot of reddit threads consider it to be a better & cheaper alternative to C2 (Better in bright living rooms, no chance of burn-in, constantly switching media, etc.) I am currently looking at a few alternatives & would love to hear some thoughts

On 10/25/2022 at 1:55 AM, playstationdude said:

Move it on a Sunday. Traffic is bare minimal so you will reach quickly and without stress on TV. 

Hey guys, quick question- Do the shop owners let you test the specific tv set you are buying before making the payment? 

Ideally, I would like to test for dirty screen effect & motion handling via a Youtube video.

I haven’t bought a TV in a long time, so a little concerned about the panel quality.

Hey,

I have 2 different use cases for TVs that I need to purchase next year, and I am looking for suggestions.

1. Family room TV: Has to be an 4K OLED (hopefully) around 65 inches. Can be smart or dumb, I can put a fire stick to it anyways. Since I am trying to keep the budget low and below 1L for this, looking for brands other than Samsung/Sony/LG.
  2. Room TV: Looking for another 4K OLED at a size of 50 or 55 inches, 50 preferred. Can be smart or dumb, I can put a fire stick to it anyways. Looking only at LG/Sony/Samsung only for this, with a max budget around 1.2L.

Both these will be used for OTT or Tata Sky, no gaming on either. I plan to start picking these up around Jan or Feb onwards.

18 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hey,

I have 2 different use cases for TVs that I need to purchase next year, and I am looking for suggestions.

1. Family room TV: Has to be an 4K OLED (hopefully) around 65 inches. Can be smart or dumb, I can put a fire stick to it anyways. Since I am trying to keep the budget low and below 1L for this, looking for brands other than Samsung/Sony/LG.
  2. Room TV: Looking for another 4K OLED at a size of 50 or 55 inches, 50 preferred. Can be smart or dumb, I can put a fire stick to it anyways. Looking only at LG/Sony/Samsung only for this, with a max budget around 1.2L.

Both these will be used for OTT or Tata Sky, no gaming on either. I plan to start picking these up around Jan or Feb onwards.

I don't think a 65" OLED below 1L is possible. 

Edited by Kumar123

20 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hey,

Oled isnt a good choice for tatasky/dth