The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 11/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, LordSpymaster said:

Hey,

I have 2 different use cases for TVs that I need to purchase next year, and I am looking for suggestions.

1. Family room TV: Has to be an 4K OLED (hopefully) around 65 inches. Can be smart or dumb, I can put a fire stick to it anyways. Since I am trying to keep the budget low and below 1L for this, looking for brands other than Samsung/Sony/LG.
  2. Room TV: Looking for another 4K OLED at a size of 50 or 55 inches, 50 preferred. Can be smart or dumb, I can put a fire stick to it anyways. Looking only at LG/Sony/Samsung only for this, with a max budget around 1.2L.

Both these will be used for OTT or Tata Sky, no gaming on either. I plan to start picking these up around Jan or Feb onwards.

FireSticks these days doesn't make any sense. The TV apps are good enough.. 

On 11/29/2022 at 6:26 PM, roun90 said:

What would be an ideal price for 65" LG C2? Is it a good TV? Any problems with it (Used mainly Sony TVs before)? Thanks for the help.

21 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Is the 1.5 quote for 65" or 55" C2?

I’m not sure. I know the price of the 65 Sony A80K which is 1.92L.

Edited by srinivash

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

My sony X900E gone kaput.

Got a new LG C2 48inch for 94k.

So far its  good, need to test my ps5.  Can someone with oled tv recommend me good picture settings, colors are saturated and artificial compare to my previous sony x900e

I generally follow the Rtings or the HDTVTest settings.

From their websiteThis video is for the LG C1 OLED, but most of the settings are similar to the LG C2 OLED as well.

Most settings I've done on my OLED are similar, except for the colour temperature. I find their suggestions 'too warm' for my liking, so I kinda reduce that slightly (just by 1 point), but not go completely 'cool.'

The idea is to use these as starting points and then fine-tune things according to your tastes. Also remember, just because you might prefer something else other than what's mentioned by these guys doesn't mean you're wrong. Just enjoy your viewing as per your liking! Don't get hung up on the settings...

seriously i am done the samsung products for life now. My Samsung Neo Qled has a dead green pixel on the screen already it has been over a year. on the other hand my sony led tv refuses to die even after 9 years and still runs good. 

at the time of purchase following was the warranty wording

SAMSUNG Neo QLED 125 cm (50 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV Warranty: 1 Year Warranty on Product and 1 Year Additional on Panel. 

Does this mean after standard warranty of 1 year gets over you get panel warranty for another year? or the warranty is 1 year on product and 2 years on panel? the samsung website shows my tv out of warranty, 

33 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

seriously i am done the samsung products for life now. My Samsung Neo Qled has a dead green pixel on the screen already it has been over a year. on the other hand my sony led tv refuses to die even after 9 years and still runs good. 

at the time of purchase following was the warranty wording

SAMSUNG Neo QLED 125 cm (50 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV Warranty: 1 Year Warranty on Product and 1 Year Additional on Panel. 

Does this mean after standard warranty of 1 year gets over you get panel warranty for another year? or the warranty is 1 year on product and 2 years on panel? the samsung website shows my tv out of warranty, 

1 year on product, 2 on panel. 

But yeah, my experience with Samsung products has been shitty as well. Never buying anything from them again. Poor QC, low life etc. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But yeah, my experience with Samsung products has been shitty as well. Never buying anything from them again. Poor QC, low life etc. 

Lets see if that warranty works or not. the service support is even shittier. they closed my request after asking me to reply with my address and other details. like how am i supposed to reply now?

anyway i reached out on whatsapp and the bot asked me to perform a system reset and the pixel vanished after that. now i gotta install everything and login again everywhere. and if the pixel reappears i will have to go through this again. in my experience once samsung tv develops a panel fault it definitely gets worse every passing day. 

samsung never again. 

12 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

10 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Lets see if that warranty works or not. the service support is even shittier. they closed my request after asking me to reply with my address and other details. like how am i supposed to reply now?

anyway i reached out on whatsapp and the bot asked me to perform a system reset and the pixel vanished after that. now i gotta install everything and login again everywhere. and if the pixel reappears i will have to go through this again. in my experience once samsung tv develops a panel fault it definitely gets worse every passing day. 

samsung never again. 

10 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Same here 

I had a q60t samsung soundbar and bc within the 1 year warranty period, the motherboard went Kaput. Thank God it was replaced for free. Else i was told by the technician that it would have costed 14k.

Avoiding samsung products at all cost

Agreed. Have had a horrible experience with my Samsung washing machine with drier. Drier is supposed to make clother cupboard dry but they remain slightly wet since day 1. On calling the samsung engineers we were informed the clothes will not be 100% dry by design. Whats the point then?:doh:

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Agreed. Have had a horrible experience with my Samsung washing machine with drier. Drier is supposed to make clother cupboard dry but they remain slightly wet since day 1. On calling the samsung engineers we were informed the clothes will not be 100% dry by design. Whats the point then?:doh:

We should put a disclaimer against samsung products. Dunno how they have reached the top with such poor quality products. 

4 hours ago, Rosh said:

Hi, 

I need help for a 43-46” tv for bedroom, will be used for gaming on ps5 and OTT, please suggest choices, and when would the next sale on tvs be? Can wait a month or so to get it…

Budget? 

Sales are usually during Diwali. Not sure if any other sale as of now.Maybe right now there maybe a Christmas sale. But do mention your budget