The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Is the Hisense U6G best budget TV still?

I am looking to buy another 55 or a 65" TV which will mainly be used for OTT and occasional streaming. Budget is around 70K, not more than that.

Some of the models I saw were the AU7700, BU8000, Sony x75K and the Hisense U6G (Yet to see it in person, however the reviews are very good for this). I had also seen the Frame but I think 65" for that will be way out of budget. 55" was for around 72k.

Any other options which I can choose from? It will be the main hall room TV and there is a window right opp it, so reflection would be present during the day.

4 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Budget? 

Sales are usually during Diwali. Not sure if any other sale as of now.Maybe right now there maybe a Christmas sale. But do mention your budget

Suggest on the cheaper side…

On 12/25/2022 at 5:44 PM, Lazyboy8134 said:

Is the Hisense U6G best budget TV still?

I am looking to buy another 55 or a 65" TV which will mainly be used for OTT and occasional streaming. Budget is around 70K, not more than that.

Some of the models I saw were the AU7700, BU8000, Sony x75K and the Hisense U6G (Yet to see it in person, however the reviews are very good for this). I had also seen the Frame but I think 65" for that will be way out of budget. 55" was for around 72k.

Any other options which I can choose from? It will be the main hall room TV and there is a window right opp it, so reflection would be present during the day.

There’s a new hisense 120hz tv ….u7h. Maybe look up reviews about that. It’s 55k on Amazon. Maybe it will be available for cheaper prices offline.

I’d avoid Samsung tvs in general cos I’ve had a bad experience with their soundbar, microwave oven etc :P 

plus few posts above this mentions a qn90a tv f**ked within 1.5 yrs.

since there will be reflection , avoid oled at all cost. Maybe look up YouTube for recommendations

On 12/25/2022 at 7:05 PM, Rosh said:

Suggest on the cheaper side…

Not sure what’s your definition of budget.

But at 43 inches , you may not get all the gaming features at a budget. There used to be a Samsung au9070. That had good gaming features for a 43 inch tv. Maybe check out hisense too.From what I’ve heard, they have decent tvs for budget range

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Looking to buy LG C2 or C1 48 inches at a good deal locally in Bangalore. If anyone has some contacts, please do share. Planning to use this as a monitor for my PC.

Which area are located in bro? If south Bangalore, i suggest looking at devi international in jayanagar.

While others were offering C1 48 inch for 92-94k max, i got from devi for 85k.

Else I'd suggest trying at croma locally. You can haggle with them a bit and get a much lesser price than what they are offering online.

Girias didn't offer any proper discount.

If all these don't pan out. Maybe ask your colleagues or relatives in b'lore if they know any local retailers :P

tagging @Assassins Creed @Agent 47  Maybe they know other local dealers in Bangalore 

33 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Which area are located in bro? If south Bangalore, i suggest looking at devi international in jayanagar.

While others were offering C1 48 inch for 92-94k max, i got from devi for 85k.

Else I'd suggest trying at croma locally. You can haggle with them a bit and get a much lesser price than what they are offering online.

Girias didn't offer any proper discount.

If all these don't pan out. Maybe ask your colleagues or relatives in b'lore if they know any local retailers :P

tagging @Assassins Creed @Agent 47  Maybe they know other local dealers in Bangalore 

Thanks. Yup, I'm in South Bangalore so Jayanagar is pretty close. Will check Devi out.

11 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Looking to buy LG C2 or C1 48 inches at a good deal locally in Bangalore. If anyone has some contacts, please do share. Planning to use this as a monitor for my PC.

Check multiple store and keep telling them this store is going this prices , whats your's ? I got min preety cheap doing this

22 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

There’s a new hisense 120hz tv ….u7h. Maybe look up reviews about that. It’s 55k on Amazon. Maybe it will be available for cheaper prices offline.

I’d avoid Samsung tvs in general cos I’ve had a bad experience with their soundbar, microwave oven etc :P 

plus few posts above this mentions a qn90a tv f**ked within 1.5 yrs.

since there will be reflection , avoid oled at all cost. Maybe look up YouTube for recommendations

As per the Croma exec, the H series of Hisense has turned out to be a flop and they received defective pieces and hence they are not keeping it at their store.

I could not find any other retailer with Hisense TVs, especially the U6G and U7H. Only the A71F is available.

16 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

As per the Croma exec, the H series of Hisense has turned out to be a flop and they received defective pieces and hence they are not keeping it at their store.

I could not find any other retailer with Hisense TVs, especially the U6G and U7H. Only the A71F is available.

H series reviews aren't good. U6G is still touted to be better option. U6G is usually available both on flipkart and Amazon. 

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

How are the other options compared to the U6G?

Like the BU8000, BU8750, x75K, AU7700?

I've heard very good reviews about au9070 too btw for gaming ...check YouTube and rtings ...has 1080p @120hz refresh rate iirc 

Samsung 109 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV UA43AU9070ULXL (Black) (2021 Model) https://amzn.eu/d/eOIdEfC

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I've heard very good reviews about au9070 too btw for gaming ...check YouTube and rtings ...has 1080p @120hz refresh rate iirc 

Samsung 109 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV UA43AU9070ULXL (Black) (2021 Model) https://amzn.eu/d/eOIdEfC

Yup had seen this but currently looking for a 55" or a 65" TV

• 1 month later...

What’s the best OLED TV I can go for under 1.5L? 55 inches. 

Main purpose is for watching movies. Might buy a PS5 2 months later. 

Did some research and narrowed it down to LG G2. Heatsink and extra nits over C2 is a nice bonus. But G2 comes to 1.38L. 

However I’m seeing a model in Sony called A80J which comes down to 1.14L after discounts which is really nice price. Also hearing good things about Sony processing and quality. Other than the 2 minimal hdmi ports, I don’t see any cons. Looks VFM. 

any other model I should be looking at?

please suggest some good shops in Chennai for OLED tv purchase. 

Edited by sadge

13 hours ago, sadge said:

What’s the best OLED TV I can go for under 1.5L? 55 inches. 

Main purpose is for watching movies. Might buy a PS5 2 months later. 

Did some research and narrowed it down to LG G2. Heatsink and extra nits over C2 is a nice bonus. But G2 comes to 1.38L. 

However I’m seeing a model in Sony called A80J which comes down to 1.14L after discounts which is really nice price. Also hearing good things about Sony processing and quality. Other than the 2 minimal hdmi ports, I don’t see any cons. Looks VFM. 

any other model I should be looking at?

please suggest some good shops in Chennai for OLED tv purchase. 

C2 will do the job..  go with C2 or G2

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sadge said:

Thanks. Does this sound like a good price? 

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Inches-Ultra-Smart-OLED55C2PSC/dp/B0B5H3BWSB

It does but local stores might give you a good price if Amazon only offering  this much..  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

It does but local stores might give you a good price if Amazon only offering  this much..  

Ok. I'll try to see more local shops in Chennai.

So far checked LG showrooms - they simply restate the same MRP + bank offer cashback for no-cost EMI payment mode.

Price in Croma is even higher than LG showroom itself. Don't know how that works T_T

Checked two other where there's negligible discount. :/

3 hours ago, sadge said:

Ok. I'll try to see more local shops in Chennai.

So far checked LG showrooms - they simply restate the same MRP + bank offer cashback for no-cost EMI payment mode.

Price in Croma is even higher than LG showroom itself. Don't know how that works T_T

Checked two other where there's negligible discount. :/

Just FYI

I got the C2 for 1.15 after discounts and sh*t

Edited by Snake
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

Just FYI

I got the C2 for 1.5 after discounts and sh*t

That seems pricey. Is that 65 inch or 55 inch?

I found one olx seller giving C2 for 1.02 L offering same day COD with bill and standard warranty. Apparently this is - gst amount. Kinda looks shady but he’s been in olx since 2014 and has been transparent so far. Never trusted olx so this one is last resort.